Please fix this indicator or EA - page 144

mladen:
Kamui techmac is right : only the price determines when will the stop be triggered

Maybe you misunderstood each other. How I think it is:

The way the EA works is, that as soon as the price crosses Kinjun-sen, the stop is triggert. That is not good.

What Kamui means may be, that for example on a 5Min chart, when price crosses Kijun-sen, the stop is not trigger. Only when the first 5Min bar closes above Kinjun-sen, the stop triggers.

GodsClown:
Maybe you misunderstood each other. How I think it is:

The way the EA works is, that as soon as the price crosses Kinjun-sen, the stop is triggert. That is not good.

What Kamui means may be, that for example on a 5Min chart, when price crosses Kijun-sen, the stop is not trigger. Only when the first 5Min bar closes above Kinjun-sen, the stop triggers.

No misunderstanding

That EA does not close orders when price crosses Kijun-sen

It closes orders when :

1. desired profit is reached

2. or stop loss is triggered

So, it entirely depends on profit (and price) which, in case of stop loss usage, has nothing to do with the EA - stop loss is triggered by the broker not by the EA and it is using the value of the first closed bar Kijun-sen value as a trailing stop

GodsClown:

Yes, thats what I mean. Sorry if it was confusing.

mladen:
No misunderstanding

That EA does not close orders when price crosses Kijun-sen

It closes orders when :

1. desired profit is reached

2. or stop loss is triggered

So, it entirely depends on profit (and price) which, in case of stop loss usage, has nothing to do with the EA - stop loss is triggered by the broker not by the EA

I have tested it and the EA closes trade when price crosses Kijun-sen.

The EA offers possibility to use Kijun-sen as trailing stop. So it just needs to close trade when bar closes above/below Kinjun-sen.

GodsClown:
I have tested it and the EA closes trade when price crosses Kijun-sen. The EA offers possibility to use Kijun-sen as trailing stop. So it just needs to close trade when bar closes above/below Kinjun-sen.

Line 304 :

double stopValue(string symbol)

{

double ichimoku = iIchimoku(symbol,TimeFrame,Tenkan,Kijun,Senkou,MODE_KIJUNSEN,1); // this line

return(ichimoku);

}

I will repeat :the EA does not close the order. Stop loss that is set according to Kijun-sen value of the previous (already closed) bar is responsible for order closing. The EA itself closes orders only in a case when the CloseWhenProfit is set to value > 0 and when total profit exceeds that target profit (check the code from line 218 to line 257)

EA does not close orders in any other case (it just sets the stop loss value as explained and stop losses are triggered by the broker)

Thank you for the explaination. I undestand.

So to make it short, it is not possible to change the EA in a way that it close trade based on Kinjun-sen at closed bar?

Kamui.:
Thank you for the explaination. I undestand. So to make it short, it is not possible to change the EA in a way that it close trade based on Kinjun-sen at closed bar?

Kamui

That EA is a trailing stop manager. It was never meant to close the orders directly according to some price value. So the answer is no. That would be an entirely different EA

Hi again,

I've found an EA with Kijun-sen traling stop, but it doesn't work with 600++. Could you check if it is possible to make it work on MT 600++?

tco_trader.mq4

To work the EA also needs:

ma_ribbon_filled_2_x_14.mq4

macd_adjustable.mq4

Mr M

Can you fix this indy

when on 30 or 60 min instead of flipping back and forth from different timeframes , can you somehow in the corner show what the different #s, are on 4 or daily when on 30

or on 4 when on daily the option of turning some time frames on and off

Thanks very much

Files:

Kamui.:
Hi again,

I've found an EA with Kijun-sen traling stop, but it doesn't work with 600++. Could you check if it is possible to make it work on MT 600++?

tco_trader.mq4

To work the EA also needs:

ma_ribbon_filled_2_x_14.mq4

macd_adjustable.mq4

That EA should be revised completely (boolean expressions are not going to evaluate to same as before)

Reason: