Please fix this indicator or EA - page 106

mladen:
Marco Read these posts from Jason Rogers : https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/commercial-talks/9092-fxcm/page46#comment_736747 . A lot of things explained in those posts how to migrate to this unfortunate new metatrader 4

THX a lot solved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards Marco

Marco320:
Dear MLaden,

Could you help me to modify next EA. I'm looking for an automatically adjustment of the lotsize by decreasing or increasing of the accountbalance. Is it also possible to adjust a Break Even Option which can be switch on or off manually and put in a specific pip size?

THX a lot for the help!

There is also a warning by compiling maybe this can be solved if necessary.

Regards Marco

adjustable_ma_ea_1.mq4

Marco,

did you try using some already existing similar EAs (that already have those features built in)?

mladen:
Marco, did you try using some already existing similar EAs (that already have those features built in)?

Hi Mladen,

Yes I have another one but won't give the results as this one that's why I'm looking for an upgrade of this one. Do you have a similiar one with this features or more? Or do you have a suggestion where I can find them for downloading?

Thx for the help.

Regards Marco

could you mladen find, why this indi. behaves like this?

leledc-ssrcforcefinalnorepaint.mq4

many thanks,,,,,,,

EraMaster:
could you mladen find, why this indi. behaves like this?

leledc-ssrcforcefinalnorepaint.mq4

many thanks,,,,,,,

It is probably some case of incompatibility with the new builds. On build 509 it works OK (see the example bellow - it is build 509)

Files:
leledc.gif  40 kb

mladen:
It is probably some case of incompatibility with the new builds. On build 509 it works OK (see the example bellow - it is build 509)

and how to install the old version as you did

EraMaster:
and how to install the old version as you did ,,,,,,,

You have to prevent the build 509 to update

One way how to do that is described here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183353/page21 (webinstall is a hidden folder and you are unfamiliar with how to look for hidden folders look here : Search for hidden files and folders in Windows 7 - Microsoft Community )

You also have to be alert all the time : if you notice a big transfer going on in your lower right corner of metatrader 4 build 509, exit it and delete the webinstall folder immediately or you are going to end up using new builds

mladen:
You have to prevent the build 509 to update

One way how to do that is described here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183353/page21 (webinstall is a hidden folder and you are unfamiliar with how to look for hidden folders look here : Search for hidden files and folders in Windows 7 - Microsoft Community )

You also have to be alert all the time : if you notice a big transfer going on in your lower right corner of metatrader 4 build 509, exit it and delete the webinstall folder immediately or you are going to end up using new builds

Mladen, i noticed that i have old .ex4 of that indicator, and it was 10kb size, and it worked in the new version,

also i found that the new metatrader when compiling the .mq4 ,, it generates 24kb which is not working,,,

can you explain why?

also i have an installed old version of mt4 for another company(build509), so we can disconnect the internet and let it compile the indicators and use the .ex4 in the new version

,, is this right?

EraMaster:
Mladen, i noticed that i have old .ex4 of that indicator, and it was 10kb size, and it worked in the new version,

also i found that the new metatrader when compiling the .mq4 ,, it generates 24kb which is not working,,,

can you explain why?

also i have an installed old version of mt4 for another company(build509), so we can disconnect the internet and let it compile the indicators and use the .ex4 in the new version

,, is this right?

Old ex4 files can be executed (in a "compatibility mode") as long as you do not allow it to be compiled.

As of the new versions (compiled with new builds) not working : I am parroting for quite some time that these new builds of metatrader are having problems with arrays. Which bug exactly is preventing that indicator from showing any normal value I have no idea yet (there are many still hidden bugs). Since that indicator is not forced to be compiled and executed in a strict mode it should work (no compiling errors) but, as yo can see to, it does not

Well, it will probably work in a few months when bugs are going to be reduced to some acceptable number

mladen:
Old ex4 files can be executed (in a "compatibility mode") as long as you do not allow it to be compiled.

As of the new versions (compiled with new builds) not working : I am parroting for quite some time that these new builds of metatrader are having problems with arrays. Which bug exactly is preventing that indicator from showing any normal value I have no idea yet (there are many still hidden bugs). Since that indicator is not forced to be compiled and executed in a strict mode it should work (no compiling errors) but, as yo can see to, it does not

Well, it will probably work in a few months when bugs are going to be reduced to some acceptable number

do you mean that we could- in a few months- use the regular .mq4 indicators in the new version of mt4?

Reason: