How can I make my EA to contiue with my manual trade

Hi,

I have programed my EA and it works well, but it takes ages to go into the market. On the trade signal it closes the buy position and opens a sell position (vice versa). Is it possible to open a trade manual and then let the ea contiue with it?

The other question I have is: If I let the same EA work on 10 different Symbols/Insturments, does it need different Magicnumbers? If I understand it right, the Magic Number only has to be different if I use two (or more) EAs on the same Symbol/Instrument. E.g. if I run the same EA with different settings on the same pair.

Thanks in advance.

sebastianhh:

I have programed my EA and it works well, but it takes ages to go into the market. On the trade signal it closes the buy position and opens a sell position (vice versa). Is it possible to open a trade manual and then let the ea contiue with it?

That depends on how your EA decides which orders "belong" to it... If u programmed it then u should know the answer to that. U can post the code if u are not sure. Note that a manually opened order will always have magic number = 0.

The other question I have is: If I let the same EA work on 10 different Symbols/Insturments, does it need different Magicnumbers? If I understand it right, the Magic Number only has to be different if I use two (or more) EAs on the same Symbol/Instrument. E.g. if I run the same EA with different settings on the same pair.

Again, it depends on the specific EA. The majority of EA's use magic number to decide which orders "belong" to them. Some EA's might look at the symbol only. Some EA's do nothing and assume all order "belong" to them. Others might use other methods... So it really depends on the specific EA.

You said u programmed it, then u should know the answer to both questions.

sebastianhh:

Hi,

YES, if code is build to support that

NO, you can use OrderSymbol() to control the order. (of course one magic is still needet)

//z

Use the comment text as an identifyer

Brokers can change the last N characters of the comment.
Reason: