Swap Only EA - page 2

ok

ok, for the moment, no error messages on 5-decimal acc.

Thanks.

nice

i'm glad it's working

Hi Beno

Thanks for sharing a great EA.

I have installed it 24 hour ago on 7 pairs, and my 3K account is now 3.8K.

The only problem I encountered is the drawdown. A few hours ago there were some 18 trades open and the free margin was as little as $700, which got a little scary. I have manually changed the settings on each chart MaxOrders = 1152 to 1. This stopped any more trades being opened. When the free margin increased roughly 3 fold, I then reset the MaxOrders = 100, and the EA started to trade again.

What are your recommendations for money management, and how do you recommend to keep the settings to avoid a margin call. Any advise would be most appreciated.

eurgbp is causing me most grief as it has 6 open trades, all negative, totalling $530 - any suggestions???

Thanking you

Nik

Nikolaus

The DD can be big with this one and I am still working on a solution.

if you have any ideas that might work please post them.

what is your lot size and which broker are you using.

Cheers

Beno

Nikolaus:

The only problem I encountered is the drawdown. A few hours ago there were some 18 trades open and the free margin was as little as $700, which got a little scary. I have manually changed the settings on each chart MaxOrders = 1152 to 1. This stopped any more trades being opened. When the free margin increased roughly 3 fold, I then reset the MaxOrders = 100, and the EA started to trade again.

What are your recommendations for money management, and how do you recommend to keep the settings to avoid a margin call. Any advise would be most appreciated.

eurgbp is causing me most grief as it has 6 open trades, all negative, totalling $530 - any suggestions???

Thanking you

Nik

Hi Nik, This EA should Not be causing you any grief unless you are trading it live which I assume you are not doing. Demo testing shouldn't cause anyone grief, demo testing is for understanding how an EA/strategy operates. It is also for trying different lot sizes/money management and then observing how it does in the market and looking at it's statistics for a period of weeks or months. After thorough observation only then would a trader make a decision about going Live based on whether or not your pocketbook/trading account and you are mentally compatible with the trading style of that particular EA. cheers,Goldensight

Nikolaus:

Thanking you

Nik

It is a Positive swap EA so it will open a position on ever bar but only on the positive side eg if the market is in an up trend and the positive swap is on the short it will open shorts only.

also if there are no positive swaps on a pair then no position will open.

I hope that helps a little bit

Cheers

Beno

To goldensight

goldensight:
Hi Nik, This EA should Not be causing you any grief unless you are trading it live which I assume you are not doing. Demo testing shouldn't cause anyone grief, demo testing is for understanding how an EA/strategy operates. It is also for trying different lot sizes/money management and then observing how it does in the market and looking at it's statistics for a period of weeks or months. After thorough observation only then would a trader make a decision about going Live based on whether or not your pocketbook/trading account and you are mentally compatible with the trading style of that particular EA. cheers,Goldensight

Thanks for your input. Yes it is only a demo, nevertheless, when I watch the free margin shrinking I begin to wonder what I can do to save the account.

Thanks again

Nik

To Beno

Beno:
Nikolaus

The DD can be big with this one and I am still working on a solution.

if you have any ideas that might work please post them.

what is your lot size and which broker are you using.

Cheers

Beno

Thanks for your reply

The lot size is 0.1 smallest that FIBO offer.

Nik

Nikolaus

I am 99% sure the ea will blow up your account due to the lot size.

One thing i have been thinking about is a 1% close all so if the equity is 1% greater than Balance then close all position then start again the next day

What do you think

hello everybody...

i'm new registered. But I'm reading here for some days

everything very interessting.

I've registered here, cause I want to learn to create automatic trading systems with MT4. Actual I'm trading with the broker Alpari UK. Does anyone use this broker with this EA?

Greetz...

Reason: