Revolutionary Trading System 50% monthly - page 6

also i 2/08

I saw also that on 02/2008 there are 6 losses at a row so in this case there is a very big problem with the money management.

i will find time to look through my charts and see the period you are referring to

Exact trade entries

BRGOLFER - the trade would not have occurred is the rules had been followed but hypothetically if you were in a short and going by the rules, you would have been in at 0.01 lot at 1.4792 (ON 15 MINUTES CHART). Then there was the massive swing up. The next entry would have been at 1.5195 when it broke the PSAR, a difference of 403 pips/30 which is actually 13 which is 40.96 lots. After this it failed to reach the target so technically you had to do another 40.96 entry at 1.5300. It failed the target again so yet another 40.96 entry at 1.5365 when it did come off by 20 pips and hit target.

I have an EA that I am testing on 9 pairs and so far so good. I don;t want to hijack the thread but i have incorporated automatic setting of the divisor by looking at a pairs ATR and my target is always the same as the divisor to ensure that I always come out with a profit. I am also experimenting with using the OPPOSITE PSAR signal to add to position as I am finding this is generally working out better. The results are looking good - I leave it running through all the news, nfp etc.

There is merit in this system provided we can avoid the blowup - its certainly a load better than std martingale.

Back to your example - if you follow the rules you would not have been in a short trade when the market rallied so you can't use this to disrespect the system as it stands today.

News

someone said its difficult to follow the news but i think he is wrong

all you need to do is use the forexpeacearmy calendar every morning

note all the news coming from eur, gbp and usd and they must be 3 stars or more. then you note their time

if you dont have any trades about 15 mins before news release then disable the robot

if you have trades , then wait till the news is released and if there is a spike against your position simply close out your trades

you are safe and sound and anyway news release that really impact the eurgbp pair are rare

Also anyone who says certain months are not good should post his chart and i would look through it

Also if the news candle illustrated above had forced a trader to close the trade at a loss then that trade would have lost about 5% of his total capital and this is the biggest move perhaps from jan 2008 to march 2009( i think thats something to think about)

crodzilla:
I understand. I know these kind of EA's are intriguing. I have been programming and testing these type of EA's for years. Wicked trends always kill them. I've been crushed many times by EURGBP strategies that can double or triple an account in a short period, but can blow an account quicker, when a trend rears its ugly face. Carl

the main thrust of this system is to maintain a drawdown of less than 5% and a monthly profit of 30% or more

this system doesnt double your account every month so dont generalize

My apologies for implying that.

By no means was I talking about your strategy. By your own account, you say this is different than what I mentioned. I have been turned off by those that CAN double or triple an account but eventually blow an account with high risk martingale stratagies.

I don't want this one to be one of those. I am testing this to verify your implications of a strategy that limits drawdown to less than 5%, but provides ~30% returns a month. You would be a hero in many books.

Carl

internetgrandmaster:
someone said its difficult to follow the news but i think he is wrong

all you need to do is use the forexpeacearmy calendar every morning

note all the news coming from eur, gbp and usd and they must be 3 stars or more. then you note their time

if you dont have any trades about 15 mins before news release then disable the robot

if you have trades , then wait till the news is released and if there is a spike against your position simply close out your trades

you are safe and sound and anyway news release that really impact the eurgbp pair are rare

Also anyone who says certain months are not good should post his chart and i would look through it

Also if the news candle illustrated above had forced a trader to close the trade at a loss then that trade would have lost about 5% of his total capital and this is the biggest move perhaps from jan 2008 to march 2009( i think thats something to think about)

So if you have an open loss going into a news release, then it spikes against you and your loss gets worse, just close it every time? What about the times the "spike" reverses and the trades moves back in your direction?

This modification to your system requires you to be an expert discretionary news trader. And that's not an easy task. You may do worse by trying to babysit and tweak trades during the news. If news trading were that easy, we'd all be doing it instead of designing/researching EAs.

So has anyone ever found a month in which an account is depleted using the money management system??

Also, I was looking at the candlesticks, and a lot of the time, gaining the 20 pips requires the trade to be at the right time during the first 15 min candlestick when the sar says to start a trade, i was just curious to know whether when testing your system you were using the perfect time to enter a trade during the first candlestick or just random times during the first candle.

thanks

Also, I was thinking if it might be a good idea to add the awesome indicator to the sar in conjunction so that when they both agree with a trend, then enter the trade?????????????????????????

let me make the news rule mechanical

if the price moves against you by 100 pips in less than 30 minutes of release

then close your trades

also i am adding a rule which says

when any trade in a particular cycle goes against you by 200 pips then the aim of the robot will be to open a lotsize that will simply increase the account balance by 1%

Also at this stage , repetitive trades are ignored( that is trades with less than 30 pips difference from the previous trade)

this rule will help against opening ridiculous and unrealistic lotsizes if a person is affected by news or a large drawdown

Am not adding any other indicator because that will gradually turn the system into a technical trading system

Also a new version of the robot is out but i want to add the 1% increase rule before releasing it

Thanks for your criticisms and advices , i wouldn't have come this far without them

Reason: