EA using ATR and ADX - page 4

Alex, Thanks for sharing results. Those are definitely two good indicators. When I get through with Elder's books, I am planning on studying Wilder's system a little more. Seems like it is doing well! Good Luck!

alexjbrandt:
I opened this 5k demo account just yesterday, to test version 6 of my

program: In the 24 hr period, it made just a hair under $1k. I do use the MM

feature on the EA, (money management) The lot size is correct, as I

only risk 5% of myaccount equity per trade. So when you do the math, a $271 loss is

about 5% of the account, even though the lot size is really high. I

talked to the coder about it as I was flipping out about the lot size.

lol. He showed me the math, and reassured me that it was only 5% of

the account and that the MM feature was actually working. You can see

where I flipped out about the lot sizes, as I turned MM off and set

the lots at .5, cause I had heard .1 lot for every $1k of deposit.

And when I was seeing 6-8 lots for the 5k account I just was like in

shock. lol. Then I turned MM back on when the coder showed me it as

working fine. I believe the next version will help minimize those

losses even more to make it more profitable. However, I could definitely live

with $1k a day of profit off a $5k deposit

Wow! you guys are making my mouth water

I hope to see this EA soon!

Any plans to share it?

Thanks,

Joe S.

Alex, thanks for sharing the idea with us. I tried to code it myself. However, I don't get good results in the back test. So let me recapitulate what you guys did:

- Buy/Sell when the DMI+ and DMI- have a distance of ~10.

- Set SL as e.g. 2xATR

- Set TP as ATR

My problem is that I get winnig trades of over 80% but the few losses totally eat up the profit. Testing period is M15 since May 08 in EURUSD.

So if you or anyone else has an advice of what I should do better, would be great.

I've found that the Asian session is a bad time to trade on the EA. Europe is the best time. I don't use the ATR for S/L. I have a 50 pip S/L. Currently determining which currency pair yeilds the best results, now that I've determined which time is the best to trade. I haven't found an optimal setting yet, still testing different settings.

Results of EA Testing

OS1000, Alex,

I've done something similar and got pretty much the same results on back test on an EA I've created for this. I'm currently analysing the losing trades and trying to determine what causes them. I'll obviously post any findings.

need some Eas using heiken ashi and star

Can any one of you make this system an eas, using heiken ashi, Bbands and ashi star? thank, need your experts.

anyone know if there is an indicator which alerts of the distance between the adx and dmi? manual trading has its merits too =)

will anyone post this ea for testing and upgrading?

Hello

I am new to this forum but I am testing adx crosses and that is what brought me here.

Will You guys post this ea here or You prefer to keep Your work for yourself? (what is a good reason also :] )

I know that posting and testing speeds up creating ea's but it's just your choice.

Regards,

??

heloo if you need any EA tested (beta testing)u can pm me

Ok

you ar atr?

Reason: