I need an indie that reads the closed trades in the history tab... not open trades - page 2

History

ElectricSavant:
Why can't MT4 do it? Why do I need third party software? I betcha if wolfe gets interested he can do it...There are 31 pair in IBFX...I want to see the pairs profit, wins a losses on the fly...I do not want to have to download each time... ES

It must be able to be done i suspect but this type of code is outside my area of expertise so maybe someone more into EAs can find a way of selecting the OrderTicket() automatically from the history instead of manually typing it in plus adding a string setup to list all the Orders.

I just had a brief play with the code to see if the history was still avaliable and i selected this ticket number from Jan 2007 so the recent History must also be accessible.

history.mq4

Files:
history.mq4  3 kb
history.gif  3 kb

Why can't MT4 do it? Why do I need third party software? I betcha if wolfe gets interested he can do it...There are 31 pair in IBFX...I want to see the pairs profit, wins and losses on the fly...I do not want to have to download each time...

ES

ElectricSavant:
Why can't MT4 do it? Why do I need third party software? I betcha if wolfe gets interested he can do it...There are 31 pair in IBFX...I want to see the pairs profit, wins and losses on the fly...I do not want to have to download each time... ES

Someone posted an EA a couple of days ago that does part of what you require

I cant remeber if it seperated trades by currency, or if it amalgamated em together to give a result for a given EA. It would be a good starting point to build from.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178367

This is getting real close.....but I need to break out the pairs and see each stat..

ES

zupcon:
Someone posted an EA a couple of days ago that does part of what you require

I cant remeber if it seperated trades by currency, or if it amalgamated em together to give a result for a given EA. It would be a good starting point to build from.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178367

ElectricSavant:
This is getting real close.....but I need to break out the pairs and see each stat.. ES

I'm working on something here. Standby...

attaboy...this is going to be a great utility...for many traders to use in the future....post it right here in the public domain wolfe....

How many times have you wanted to throw an EA on all of the pair to see what sticks and what adjustments help?

Post it in the tools utility section here wolfe....start a thread and tell us here when you do. There are 380 views to this thread in 2 day's at the time of this post...so I know many are interested.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

ES

wolfe:
I'm working on something here. Standby...

ElectricSavant:
attaboy...this is going to be a great utility...for many traders to use in the future....post it right here in the public domain wolfe....

How many times have you wanted to throw an EA on all of the pair to see what sticks and what adjustments help?

Post it in the tools utility section here wolfe....start a thread and tell us here when you do. There are 380 views to this thread in 2 day's at the time of this post...so I know many are interested.

Tools and utilities - Forex Trading

ES

Give me a few days. I promise, you'll like it!

Closed Trade History

OK, here is my effort on this.

Save the file and run as an EA.

Attach to any chart you wish. Change chart to a "line chart" and then select the color of the line to be "None".

Display includes all the pairs IBFX offers, number of closed trades for each pair, and total profit or loss for each pair. Display is updated after each tick.

Attach to your chart, and after the first incoming tick it should look something like this:

Files:

Incredible wolfe....

You did it...

Now all that it needs is a field to put in a start date for those with live accounts that do not want to count history before a certain time (demo account holders can just start fresh).

Also how many wins and how many loss trades would be kewl...

ES

P.S. You amaze me wolfe.

Glad you like it ES.

Wins and losses would be pretty cool. I may run the risk of overloading the internal stack of mq4 with the amount of additional variables I would have to create. I've overloaded it before! I may give it a shot anyway.

I'm just glad I could figure this out. Hope everyone will enjoy this tool.

Reason: