I need an indie that reads the closed trades in the history tab... not open trades - page 3

wolfe..

Please start your own thread and introduce this...I am so beholden to you...you have done so much.

ES

ElectricSavant:
Now all that it needs is a field to put in a start date for those with live accounts that do not want to count history before a certain time.

Beware ! this might not work exactly how you want it to

For some reason known only to the programmer at Metatrader an EA can only access the history that is displayed in the history tab. So for example if you set a custom period to display todays trades, and then you attach the EA and request all trades within the last 3 months, then you'll only get todays trades cos they are the only ones being displayed in history !

You therefore need to control the time period using the custom period facility, if you want to analyse trades from the 28th November last year, then set the custom period from that date to today.

Clearly if the history tab is showing all trades then specifying a start date would work, but you need to be aware that any changes to the custom period is going to effect the EA, just something to watch out for, Ive fallen foul of it a few times and its really annoying !

So I can just adjust the history tab to get the trades I want to see in this tool...ok i did not know that...

ES

Late Edit...Hey it worked!

zupcon:
Beware ! this might not work exactly how you want it to

For some reason known only to the programmer at Metatrader an EA can only access the history that is displayed in the history tab. So for example if you set a custom period to display todays trades, and then you attach the EA and request all trades within the last 3 months, then you'll only get todays trades cos they are the only ones being displayed in history !

You therefore need to control the time period using the custom period facility, if you want to analyse trades from the 28th November last year, then set the custom period from that date to today.

Clearly if the history tab is showing all trades then specifying a start date would work, but you need to be aware that any changes to the custom period is going to effect the EA, just something to watch out for, Ive fallen foul of it a few times and its really annoying !

wolfe to save space...let the user identify which pairs to be visable (separated with semi colans in the inputs)

also if we have total wins and losses we do not need the closed column.

we do not need the start time as zupcon solved this...(I can control it in the history tab)

ES

ElectricSavant:
wolfe to save space...let the user identify which pairs to be visable (separated with semi colans in the inputs)

also if we have total wins and losses we do not need the closed column.

we do not need the start time as zupcon solved this...(I can control it in the history tab)

ES

What do you think about a version of this that the user manually inputs up to say 10 trade pairs to be counted? If I did this, then we could add all those other fancy features you want. You are of course, the king of wanting fancy features!

As the EA works now, there are A LOT of variables to include all the pairs. Many of these pairs most people never trade. Current code is also managing and generating 97 text objects to display all this information.

Zupcon had a great point. I'm glad that is solved.

lol....can you allow 20 pair?

ES

wolfe:
What do you think about a version of this that the user manually inputs up to say 10 trade pairs to be counted? If I did this, then we could add all those other fancy features you want. You are of course, the king of wanting fancy features!

As the EA works now, there are A LOT of variables to include all the pairs. Many of these pairs most people never trade. Current code is also managing and generating 97 text objects to display all this information.

Zupcon had a great point. I'm glad that is solved.

ElectricSavant:
lol....can you allow 20 pair? ES

We'll see...

I created a new Closed Trade History tool. I posted it under tools-utilities.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179129

Reason: