Stochastic EA - page 11

Light&Magic:
I agree with your back test results.Have tested on demo and got gr8 results. And yes setting the trades in the direction of trend is the way to go. An additional parameter could be to close all trades if the floating profit has reached the target amount u want to make in a day. Sfindlay is that possible ?

Yup, if one of you has some coding skills. I know someone clever who could do it, but nailing his foot to the floor so he stays long enough at my computer to code the changes will take a few days.

Does anybody have a really good trend indicator? I usually use Heiken Ashi Kuskus manually, but I can't get the code to work in an EA, and none of the EAs I have seen written by others have the code reading the HAK signals either reliably. What else does anybody have?

I'll play around with using Fractals as an exit signal and let you know how they go.

I don't know anything about mql4, but when I looked at the code it looked exactly like C or C++ (which I programmed in). I could give it a shot.

johnw213:
I don't know anything about mql4, but when I looked at the code it looked exactly like C or C++ (which I programmed in). I could give it a shot.

That would be great. As I understand it metatrader 4 is based on C++.

settings for other pairs

I really like this EA, but I can only get it to trade well on eurusd, with the default settings. Do you better settings for usd/jpy, gbp/usd and eurgbp.

Or if you know of better pairs for this ea I am open to try them.

Thanks for any suggestions.

sfindlay:
I had the same problem last week, when trading live, the first real significant loss but on USDJPY (15 min) that took out my live "test" account. (I test on real money now since I have found that I get different results parallel testing on demo and live accounts.) I was Not Happy.

I looked at the code, and it shouldn't have happened.

I back tested and couldn't duplicate results, any which way.

I think it is because the code was not looking at the magic number before closing the trade. So, while my USDJPY 15 mins chart had a sell signal, and was going down, down, down, the USDJPY 30 min chart was in a close sell trigger. So, it kept closing my 15 min chart, and then my 15 min chart kept re-opening the trade because it was still on the 15 min candle and in a sell trigger. It didn't take long for slippage and the spread to kill my account.

So I've fixed the code so that it looks for the magic number like fxnelson suggested.

The other way to fix is to turn off "Every Tick". (Turn to False) But this does appear, on backtesting, to reduce the profitability.

If any of you have better coding skills than me, I'd love it to look at the equity 24 hours earlier, and kill the EA if the equity has reduced to a predetermined level.

Ea

I tested the ea on about 18 pairs at the same time. To accelerate the testing phase as each pair is either trending,ranging,sideways etc.What i found is the ea fails ultimately.It might work well on EU for now but you can expect the equity to be wipped out .Unless it is evolved further by adding more trend filters.I dont know if murray math can somehow be incorporated as thats the only time when i could do 35 trades in a row without a loss

L&M

Ea

sfindlay,

I had the same problem as you with the ea. I was testing it last week on GBP-CHF. It began placing and closing orders rapidly and it very quickly drew my demo account down by about 70%. I only had one GBPCHF chart open.

Elway

elway:
sfindlay,

I had the same problem as you with the ea. I was testing it last week on GBP-CHF. It began placing and closing orders rapidly and it very quickly drew my demo account down by about 70%. I only had one GBPCHF chart open.

Elway

Turn Every Tick off. That will stop it opening and closing in the future.

BUT

It is not supposed to do that in the code even if every tick is on. I can't figure why.

help me please

heloo i have exspert ..... it open buy and sell but only one Currency i want open man

Welcome, I have exspert open and close the deals, but to buy or sell one currency .....I want to open several currencies in the chart in the same moment, buy or sell alot currency , and not wait until its closure, thank you

To modren11

Actually you can use it to any currency.

Opening and Closing Fixed

I have fixed the bug that stops it opening and closing also uploaded an improved version.

sfindlay:
Turn Every Tick off. That will stop it opening and closing in the future.

BUT

It is not supposed to do that in the code even if every tick is on. I can't figure why.
Reason: