Pearson correlation - page 6

nice indicator

Pirson & Spearman correlation indicator

tampa ,

can you explain what type of correlation works in this indicator (Pirson & Spearman correlation indicator)

you posted?

i looked at the source and it seems it doesnt work with pair correlation. Guessing by the name of the functions(Slow,Fast,MACD) it seems, thats a combination of Stochachistic and MACD indicator.

i fixed 2 indicators of this thread to work with new mt4 builds

trade-or-die:
tampa ,

can you explain what type of correlation works in this indicator (Pirson & Spearman correlation indicator)

you posted?

i looked at the source and it seems it doesnt work with pair correlation. Guessing by the name of the functions(Slow,Fast,MACD) it seems, thats a combination of Stochachistic and MACD indicator.

i fixed 2 indicators of this thread to work with new mt4 builds

Since the ones you posted are written by me, I ho[pe you don't mind the explanation from me :

You do not need different symbols data for correlation calculation. It can be data for the current bar and the data for one bar ago that can be used to calculate correlation. And that is exactly what is done in those indicators. Same data (same time series) but one is current data and the second is the data one bars ago

Thank you mladen for your explaination.

The indicator seems to give good signals.

i have another question, maybe you could throw an eye on it

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181353/page11

Spearman Rank Correlation by Apprentice :

Spearman rank correlation

spearman_rank_correlation.mq4

mladen:
There had been a lot of "systems" lately relying on symbols correlation

Might be interesting to actually see correlations with an indicator like this (based on math, not experience or assumption)

Pearson correlation (among other things) explained : Correlation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PS: colors should be defined on the inputs tab, not the colors tab. Also, you can enter more than 8 symbols in the symbols list, but only first 8 will be taken into consideration, the rest is going to be ignored (the everlasting metatrader restriction of 8 "drawable" buffers)

PPS: updated indicator to manage mini and micro accounts correctly

Hi mladen

Could you please make this indicator nmc. Or is it already somewhere?

Thanks

Boloti:
Hi mladen

Could you please make this indicator nmc. Or is it already somewhere?

Thanks

Hi mladen

I have seen it . Thanks

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

How to Start with Metatrader 5

Sergey Golubev, 2019.03.06 17:27

Good article was published - 

----------------

Practical application of correlations in trading 

Correlation is a statistical relationship between two or more random variables (or quantities which can be considered random with some acceptable degree of accuracy). Changes in one ore more variables lead to systematic changes of other related variables. The mathematical measure of the correlation of two random variables is the correlation coefficient. If a change in one random variable does not lead to a regular change in the other random variable but leads to a change in another statistical characteristic of this random variable, such a relation is not considered correlation, although it is statistical.

Reason: