Your Market Beliefs - page 7

Kenny Rogers:
Anyways, so you are trying to draw 3 lines and predict the future. Hehe.

Sounds like a plan. You need to build a mathematical model before you can make money, Mr. M.

Is the straight horizontal line always horizontal line off the lowest pt?

Or is it based on the lowest 2 bottoms and does not have to be horizontal?

And lastly, are you a good programmer?

My mathematical models have long been built (I think ). You can interpret the 3 lines as you see fit. No, I am not a programmer... but I cut and paste like one .

tagy,

If you draw enough of them' lines..one of em' should work..☺

ES

tagada:
My preferred thought about the market is that all these S/R lines, Fibs, patterns and all, mainly work and have an importance because traders think they do, so they act accordingly, thus giving them strength, indeed! Isn't that amazing? This is why I voted "mix".

^^^ So what are the statistical outputs of your model?

If you have built your model, you would already know if you have a defineable edge from a historical point of view.

And it doesn't matter what my interpretation of the line is, it is your interpretation that is important. I have no history or experience with this entry method.

Kenny Rogers:
^^^ So what are the statistical outputs of your model?

If you have built your model, you would already know if you have a defineable edge from a historical point of view.

And it doesn't matter what my interpretation of the line is, it is your interpretation that is important. I have no history or experience with this entry method.

As far as I'm concerned (being an advocate of market randomness), the only true edge is the creative use of leverage.

The time projection technique should be evident based on the attached chart.

P.S. It makes for a better exit method in my opinion. Making it that much more valuable. As I like to say, "entry techniques are a dime a dozen."

Hi all,

There are two states of market one is systematic or more often referred to as trend the other is corrective and this is random but i have to say that even some parts of a trend or systematic movement contain random movements and these are the corrections against the systematic movement and so one could say that some parts of the random movements do in part contain systematic or trend movements.

Systematic or trend movements occur when the major players in the market buy or sell in blocks and the random movements are times when the major players are out of the market thus causing the market to have no clear direction and look random.

bubble

randomness??? predicting???

hoshposh!!!!!!!

we are dealing with PROBABILITIES

until you understand that you will be

"In a random world trying to predict that your account is going to increase

and blame randomness (not yourself) if you lose.."

wHEN i GROW uP i WANNA BE A RANDOM forex pair...

computer generated time series

I beleive some are missing the point of what is random. My post of last night Hit on the supject, in a round about way. Let me say more, if one were to use a computer to generate a truly random time series with open highs lows and closes it would look feel and taste just like any market derived time series, with its trends ranges cycles etc.. This computer generated data study would have no out side infulances to effect it but it would still have all the qualities of a real price series including all the elements that you are claming to be not random events.

If one studies gameing theries one would realize that to get a run of say 20 red numbers in a row in roulette is in fact possible and anyone betting against the 21 number not being red is still 50/50 (not counting the zeros). but with a run of 20 reds I would be real hesitatent to bet on black to show, This is what is known as a run (trend) in numbers and they can presists. This can and does happen in any fair and random game of chance.

To say price is not random due to trends, I cannot accept. however on the other hand if one clams that the markets are effieiant and no profits can be derived from them, I know that is not true, as well.

Keit

MiniMe:
Hi Keit , forex for life post the link for digital filter, you will find the answer there

MiniMe

I was not looking for AN answer, but your personal take on the subject. Seeing how your beliefs are based in part on cycles I though you could explain more on the subject. I could do a Google search myself that was not what I was asking.

Keit

Reason: