The Legend of The Gambler - page 30

Kenny Rogers:
And it doesn't look like I will be in the Top 20 this month at the contest, looking more like Top 30 is a possibility.

Maybe I spoke too soon.

Contest results are pretty meaningless unless you can win some prize money, it's a good measuring stick and a badge of honor, I suppose.

I look at the contest, and see many new names each month, most are just a flash in the pan. But a few names that is consistently at the top, and it is really amazing. I would like to know what they are doing to get these huge returns. For instance, I would love to talk with this "BigTrading" fella and pick his brain. Give him a high five while I'm at it.

He returned 500+% last month (and won the $3K Prize money), and then repeated this month another 500+% to prove it wasn't a fluke. That's insane because it must be a sizeable account. Deposits and withdrawals are not allowed during the contest, or you automatically get removed for that month's contest.

Anyone know these guys and where they are hiding?

I was going incognito with my Lucky Ducky handle. LOL.

Actually,

Here's just another perspective on BigTrading.

Maybe he's trading the exact same way you do with ridiculously aggressive MM.

There's nothing that doesn't suggest he opens a smaller account that he aggressively overleverages to produce those kinds of gains?

Kenny Rogers:
Maybe I spoke too soon.

Contest results are pretty meaningless unless you can win some prize money, it's a good measuring stick and a badge of honor, I suppose.

I look at the contest, and see many new names each month, most are just a flash in the pan. But a few names that is consistently at the top, and it is really amazing. I would like to know what they are doing to get these huge returns. For instance, I would love to talk with this "BigTrading" fella and pick his brain. Give him a high five while I'm at it.

He returned 500+% last month (and won the $3K Prize money), and then repeated this month another 500+% to prove it wasn't a fluke. That's insane because it must be a sizeable account. Deposits and withdrawals are not allowed during the contest, or you automatically get removed for that month's contest.

Anyone know these guys and where they are hiding?

hi

Several months ago my friend joined trading competition and in a week he gain 1000 % but he's not the winner in the end of competition , there's a big drawdown in the middle of trading, he's just lucky guys in the first week , he used almost all lots he got to enter position , nothing to lose that's the point , the price is on the right direction in the first week

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

^ Initially, I had the same thought that he may be using very aggressive MM. I know I've done it in the past, I've actually won several contest a few years ago by returning over 100%. But the new rule in the contest is that if you withdraw or deposit during the contest month, then you are automatically disqualified for that month. And I've seen him consistently on the list, so I know he's not taking out money. Especially on back-to-back month of returning 500%...that if he started with $500, he would have earned $2500 by trading, then add $3000 for grand prize....so that would be $5500. Then he repeated the same return this month, so that would be over $25K easily. And I have a feeling he didn't start with $500 because I've seen him many times on the list.

Oh well.

And several years ago, there was another gentlemen on ET that announced he was going to win the contest before it started. Then he proceeded to win with like 200%+, and he wasn't using very aggressive methods. So these guys must have some excellent edges.

Have you ever thought that they rig the contest?

I wouldn't be surprised *shrugs*

It's a little hard for me to believe people with such lofty ROI.

^ No, I do not believe they rig the contest at all.

That is because back in the days, I would communicate with emails to their President Todd and their IT director Mark to verify the contest results (and they would actually write back, LOL), so I can definitely vouch for the integrity of the IBFX contest. They paid the money, and it didn't seem like a big deal to them at all. This is like pocket change. Nowadays, they are much bigger and making much more money, that this contest is just a nice promotion for them and a tiny business write-off.

And I know of a few others from the net that have returned very well consistently. So I know these guys are out there, most are very bright with very good computer skills...most have written their own platforms. They are private as well, so they don't spend much time in public forums...as they make a living doing this on big accounts.

Anyone like Billy Joel and Elton John?

They are going to be touring together in concert. Very exciting. I will go see them. Billy Joel is one of my favorite singers, saw him in Vegas a few years ago...it was great.

I'm listening to The Stranger CD and the released The Stranger concert CD. Just wonderful.

Anyways,

I'm heading to bed. Put out a USDJPY fishing pending buy limit at 97.40ish...looking to get about 40 pips. I said I wasn't going to trade anymore, but I'm seeing losses on my other accounts, currently at a -$4K loss for the month...so I gotta get back in for a single here and there to keep myself afloat.

/sigh

Trading is never easy, if this account is up, the other account is down.

And for you newbie traders, take my advice and start trading on higher timeframes, you should ideally start at 1H or higher. It will require patience to trade at this level, but it is your best chance at success.

Kenny Rogers:
Anyways, I'm heading to bed. Put out a USDJPY fishing pending buy limit at 97.40ish...looking to get about 40 pips.

Another one banked.

Reason: