The Legend of The Gambler - page 4

Kenny Rogers:
So, next week, I flip the switch back on, and jumping back into the game. Hoping for good fortunes.

First trades, -$2K. F@#$!

Time to break out the Johnnie and numb the pain.

To Kenny

Kenny Rogers:
How to turn $10,000 into $0 very quickly? Simple, follow THE GAMBLER system.

Losing trades are virtually guaranteed, and a spectacular negative equity curve that will make a grown man cry like a baby. The key is cutting your winners short, and letting your losers run. If I can do it, so can you!

Well, I'll let you in on how I developed this system, it is a pure gambling, non-statistical speculative system that is based mostly on (bad) luck, revenge trading, and the principles of the legendary Kenny Rogers aka The Gambler. And obviously, we never ever trade with a stoploss or profit target. As Kenny might say, stops are for losers.

Execution, you ask? Well, it mainly consists of that (tiny) gray matter in between my ears, and a very powerful index finger developed from owning chumps on Gears of War (Etrade!).

Only after years of pounding cheap whisky to the tune of The Gambler, I was able to unlock the secrets of the mantra:

"You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em.

Know when to walk away, and know when to run.

You never count your money, when you're sittin' at the table.

There'll be time enough for countin', when the dealin's done."

and

"The secret to survivin' is knowing what to throw away and knowing what to keep" and that "the best you can hope for is to die in your sleep".

At the conclusion of this prospectus, the investor may be overcome with the profound nature of THE GAMBLER system.

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for the occasional profitable side effects of this system, and no money management strategy is utilized to improve (negative) results.

So sit back and enjoy the ride down. Have a nice day!

/cue the music (~The Gambler)

- Sincerely -

JBFX THE GAMBLER,

CEO of Drawdown Inc.

Kenny Roger's #1 Fan.

Yes Kenny... I like your words.. A lot of what I do is based on intuition although I do have tools as well.....

To Kenny

Kenny Rogers:
First trades, -$2K. F@#$! Time to break out the Johnnie and numb the pain.

I'll have one with you....

I'm back to even now #%&$ *&

Market is thin and I know better than to screw with it now but its been a long weekend and I miss her......lol

Zin,

Trading is tough business.

I was sucking on my thumb last night in a perfect fetal position, my equity dropped below $20K, my initial deposit. And I had given back all of my profits ($7K+) that I have worked to get in this whole year!

I could not sleep. Every fiber in my body screamed to shut it down, and figure out what the hell went wrong. I was seriously thinking of stopping because the fear just will give you an ulcer. Times like this is when I wish I was trading OPM.

Anyways, I got up this morning, and it is a little better, got a few trades in the positive now. Trading is a rollercoaster, and it is best to not look at it when you are automated.

And my new OJ strategy is full of bugs, first night testing on demo, down 20%of balance...bummer.

I have manually closed all of my trades from this morning and shut down my system for the moment. There is some powerful underlying currency shifts occuring in the markets.

Perhaps, it is just the piker in me again. I'm not used to seeing my account fluctuate by the thousands. Last night, I was deep in the red under my initial deposit of $20K.

This morning, I'm back in the black.

I'm shutting it down because I'm asking myself: Am I in control? Or is the market operating outside of my system, and I'm just being lucky here. I may focus on turning my trade size down, and return.

Account #1 Summary (Post Date):

Deposit/Withdrawal: 20 000.00

Balance: 30 851.10

Equity: 30 851.10

Manually trading the double top congestion on Swissie, and the reverse head n shoulder on the Euro. Wish me luck.

^ M'fing double tops and double bottoms are no longer respected. I feel like Rodney Dangerfield. So now I'm holding the bag like a nub screaming at my screen.

FOR GOD SAKES, RESPECT THE LINE! DON'T YOU DARE CROSS THAT LINE! AWWWHHHH!!!

Kenny Rogers:
^ M'fing double tops and double bottoms are no longer respected. I feel like Rodney Dangerfield. So now I'm holding the bag like a nub screaming at my screen. FOR GOD SAKES, RESPECT THE LINE! DON'T YOU DARE CROSS THAT LINE! AWWWHHHH!!!

What up Kenny,

How timely . The TA not working and all that jazz. Sorry buddy... I couldn't resist .

See you in a few.

MM

Anyone know if this type of script has been coded yet? It is a close all open orders type script based on total profit reached, and stops all trading until I manually allow it again. I know there are many closeall open order script, but I don't remember seeing one where it stops all further trading.

For example,

I have 5 different EA strategies all running at the same time on 1 instance. If the total profit is reached, the script would close all open positions and prevent further trading. This would be very helpful if I go to sleep and the trades are still being controlled by my EAs.

Just want to throw it out there to see if anyone already released something like this, and prevent myself from spending time to figure it out. And I wonder if it is even possible to shut off trading completely. Which command would I use? I guess a global command.

Kenny,

Looked around for the exact same thing a while ago... for a grid EA I was running. No such luck. From what I recall, some brainy programmer in a thread on this topic said it would require the use of DLL files. I'm assuming that's how it would communicate with all the other (independent) EAS.

Reason: