E&A Standard Trading System - page 23

My part in this forum.

ok DREWP.

I will not give up on your system. my intuition says that it can be a very good system.

here is my add to your system.

you have to develop a oscillator that measure the distance between the 2 red and blue lines in your indicator.

the best signals will be the ones that trigger when the distance is good. almost 90% of the signals will be good if you use that criteria as additional fillter.

just check it.

nirvaman,

It's funny that you mention that. I am actually working on that right now . I've been experimenting with a couple of different ideas but this one shows the most promise and, above of all, it is the simplest .

-DREWP

Question

robp:
Thanks. Here it is with your template. A couple of the arrows are still different than yours, but must just be broker differences. It's late here now, but I'll have a look at this over the weekend. Thanks again.

hei Drewp, what indicator is the green and red lines? Are they moving average?

regards,

Alejandro

atisnado,

It is called SSL Channel. From the what I can tell it is basically the Gann Hi Lo. Looking at the code it is based on moving averages.

I have attached the indicators below. One displays on the chart and the other in a seperate window.

-DREWP

thnaks

DREWP:
atisnado,

It is called SSL Channel. From the what I can tell it is basically the Gann Hi Lo. Looking at the code it is based on moving averages.

I have attached the indicators below. One displays on the chart and the other in a seperate window.

-DREWP

Thnaks for the indicators, which template are you using, the ea standard or the simple one?

In which post are the most recent and valid indicators?

Regards,

Alejandro

my indicator in case u havent built any yet

here is the indicator and my template. with this indicator you can erase the 2 lines MTF APA you use. you can work with this indicator. that way the chart is still simple.

but I let it to your discretion. is your system.

I am a programer too in case you want me to check the problem you had with your old EA. anyway lets perfect the system first

Files:

Alejandro,

There are some developmental issues with the indicator I wrote for this system. If you want to use the system as is, download the EAS Signals zip on post #1, it has a template file in it. But if you wish to use the SSL Channel I can set up a template for that as well. Let me know .

nirvaman,

That looks very nice indeed! Now here's a thought: since the APA chart scale is different from pair to pair, it would be impossible to say "when above 100 buy or ..." for instance. What about a percent difference between the two APA lines for a given period for buy and sell zones? Just a thought, perhaps half baked at this point .

Working on my EA has frustrated me to the point that I have commissoned the help of Kalenzo. It now seems that modifications are in order

Thanks for your help and interest.

-DREWP

Like your indicator Nirvaman

Nirvaman

I like your "ocilador".

It would be interesting if you could make it into painted boxes in a sub window similar to the SSL. This way you could have a 5 min and a 15 min on top of each other and monitor both time frames. You could paint the boxes red or green when the "ocilador" crosses the zero line.

good idea about the percentages

hi DREW

but I am little lost about the percentage. the idea is to do a percentage of what?.

a percentage of the sum of the distances in a given period? is good that way?

I understand the need of that. I realized the same situation you detected too.

ok. I will work in it

jfchild:
Nirvaman

I like your "ocilador".

It would be interesting if you could make it into painted boxes in a sub window similar to the SSL. This way you could have a 5 min and a 15 min on top of each other and monitor both time frames. You could paint the boxes red or green when the "ocilador" crosses the zero line.

hi jfchild

I will do it after doing the suggestion that DREW gave me.

Reason: