E&A Standard Trading System - page 2

Maybe an MTF version of the channels would help.

I'm missing something. I don't see any difference in the original code to this mod fxbs is suggesting.

If someone mods the adx cross indi, please post it. Thank you.

fxbs:
change adx cross

this one- ADXcrosses.mq4 (3.4 KB,- cheating(repaints),future bar

b4plusdi = iADX(NULL, 0, ADXcrossesPeriod, PRICE_CLOSE, MODE_PLUSDI,i - 1);

robp:
I'm missing something. I don't see any difference in the original code to this mod fxbs is suggesting. If someone mods the adx cross indi, please post it. Thank you.

i think this will work, the signal of this new indicator comes one bar later than the old one

b4plusdi = iADX(NULL, 0, ADXcrossesPeriod, PRICE_CLOSE, MODE_PLUSDI, i + 1);

nowplusdi = iADX(NULL, 0, ADXcrossesPeriod, PRICE_CLOSE, MODE_PLUSDI, i);

b4minusdi = iADX(NULL, 0, ADXcrossesPeriod, PRICE_CLOSE, MODE_MINUSDI, i + 1);

nowminusdi = iADX(NULL, 0, ADXcrossesPeriod, PRICE_CLOSE, MODE_MINUSDI, i);

//----

if(b4plusdi < b4minusdi && nowplusdi > nowminusdi)

ExtMapBuffer1 = Low - nShift*Point;

//----

if(b4plusdi > b4minusdi && nowplusdi < nowminusdi)

ExtMapBuffer2 = High + nShift*Point;

Files:

DREWP, are you trading these indicators as soon as they give a signal? SSL-channel-alert will give you an alert, enable alertOn==true for a text message. This occurs in realtime though, so it may change back before the close.

I have not tried the original ADXcross because as was noted, it repaints. void gave a nonrepaint edit, which in realtime will give different signals. If you are using the original repainting ADX with the SSL channel taking a trade as soon as both signal, there are probably signals you cannot backtest.

After these points, why can't you call both indicators through iCustom? You should be able to, each is using a buffer value. (ADXcrUp = buffer1).

codobro,

In the current iteration of this system I wait for the ssl channels to cross after the 3rd bar from the ADX indicator is printed or I wait for the ADX to indicate after the 3rd bar from the ssl cross is indicated. If it is not a "solid" cross, i.e. it opens and crosses, I typically wait for the next bar to open.

About the repainting issue, in back testing, I had imagined code that "looks back" for the indicators. I don't know practical or feasible this is.

I'm having a hard time finding information on calling a specific buffer with iCustom. I'm sure more research will reveal this to me.

Thanks for the brain food

-DREWP

Ok I am in and tell me what you want me to test when you get the EA finished folks! (Majors or Crosses does not matter to me) I will test any pair and TF

(M1-H4) to exhaust some possibilities...

ES

For repainting the code does not "look back", rather, it would "look foward" which you don't want this indicator to do. This means in realtime you'll get more signals with less accuracy, because the ADX will always be comparing itself to the 0 values in the future.

You wait for a cross from one of them, then wait for a cross from the other within the close of the next 3 bars, then enter? Try letting your charts run, then refresh them and see how many entries disappear. SSL Channel will remain the same, but your original ADX crosses will probably show a lot of changes.

As for iCustom I mentioned this on another post, and FerruFx provided a more clear explaination

use this syntax:

adxcrossup = iCustom(NULL,0,"ADXcrosses",0,i);

adxcrossdown = iCustom(NULL,0,"ADXcrosses",1,i);

This will call the first 2 buffers of the indicator you name in "". Do the same with SSL Channel. It is case sensitive!

Just a thought if someone reads and wants to test this, could FFT be applied to repainting indicators to provide some sort of future projection to draw possible future bars?

codobro,

Many thanks!! With this information I should be able to program a bare bones EA that could warrant further coding evaluation.

Thanks again,

-DREWP

E & A Standard System

Hello Drew

Congratulations on your great results so far. I had not come across the SSL indicator before, but it looks quite effective. Does it repaint at all? I also wondered what level of stoploss are you using on your trades?

Regards

Designmax

Reason: