Scalp to freedom 10-20 pips a trade...guaranteed? - page 15

Ouhhhhh forex freedom with no repaint, i'm curious to see that !

I've been using the original setup (2,2,2,2) for about a week now and having success just using stoch (5,3,3) to filter the trades. The easiest trades have been when the stoch is rising from the 20 level for longs and down from 80 for shorts.

hi guys

i find the orignal ForexFreedom indicator has two problems

~~1. sometimes it won't repaint at bar close

~~2. the indicator calculated on past data would use prices that come later than the data, which may not be the same as indicator calculated realtime.

i've just reprogrammed the ForexFreedom indicator

now it is the same as the indicator look like when the bar just close

attachment FXFreedomBars.mq4 is the newly programmed indicator

ForexFreedomBars(modified2).mq4 is just for debug, doesn't draw on past bars

(start from the bar when it is attached to the chart)

you can see from the chart i posted here

the uppermost is the orignal indicator

the middle one is ForexFreedomBars(modified2), i attached it onto che chart about 2 hours ago

and the last one newly programed FXFreedomBars, maybe it would be helpful for backtesting

How does yours differ from the no paint version that was posted earlier?

What cci settings were you using in your post?

I can't set your TF's to 5, 15, 30, 30. The last always reverts to 60.

robp:
How does yours differ from the no paint version that was posted earlier?

i've read the orignal code.

it used CCI(period) to determine the color of the color.

i followed the concept CCI(x) compared with zero and recoded it.

the sign of CCI depends on the newest typical_price-SMA_of_typical_price

so i calculated the two value and decide the color.

it looks different from the orginal one, but they will behave the same at the last bar of the timeframe (x4 of M5, xx:14 of M15 and so on)

robp:
What cci settings were you using in your post? I can't set your TF's to 5, 15, 30, 30. The last always reverts to 60.

the cci setting is 2,2,2,2

there is a bool input 'AutoDisplay' by default is true. set it to false and you can change the timeframes at your will.

both the timeframe and the cci settings are variable.

ok, thanks. Have you discovered any good filters for this? Are you trading it on the M1 as per your chart?

void:
the cci setting is 2,2,2,2

there is a bool input 'AutoDisplay' by default is true. set it to false and you can change the timeframes at your will.

both the timeframe and the cci settings are variable.

robp:
ok, thanks. Have you discovered any good filters for this? Are you trading it on the M1 as per your chart?

in fact i'm just a beginner here looking for good trading systems. have'nt make money from forex trading

M1 TF is just for debugging. can have more bars in short time, more data as sample

Thanks for the contributions here, Void, they are very much appreciated. I've been saying for years that MTF trading is the way to go...let's see if we can crack the puzzle further.

Reason: