Pending grid system - page 2

I was in the Interbank demo last NFP news, and I saw GBPJPY spread widened to 90 PIPS! Is this happening in Interbank real account?

First night results

Good morning.

These are the results for last night. I'm trying GBPJPY only, TP 40, SL 60 ( I forgot to say that I've reduced SL from 80 to 60). First group +/- 50 pips from the price, second group +/- 30 pips, minimum distance ("level" in the script) 25 pips.

FXDD didn't stop out any trades. I'm gonna ask them which is the minimum required margin level.

marcelcorzo:
I was in the Interbank demo last NFP news, and I saw GBPJPY spread widened to 90 PIPS! Is this happening in Interbank real account?

Of course !!!

FerruFx

I'm using 0.02 lots (5 microlots) for each trade in the first group, 0.01 lots in the second group. I'm thinking in create one third group, and manage this way:

- First group: 0.03 lots: only one or two trades.

- Second group: 0.02 lots: 3 to 5 trades.

- Third group: 0.01 lots: 3 to 5 trades.

Probably next week.

FerruFx:
Of course !!! FerruFx

Thanks FerruFX! Because this strategy was a disaster in NFP, while FXDD was a winning one, but anyway they stopped me out, thanks God at that moment there were more winnings than losing trades.

demo

hey marcel..... i was turning your idea into a full fledged ea and noticed something when comparing results.... my mini will give only 30 cents on a 0.01 sized lot and your fxdd statement shows 3$.... it almost appears to be a standard account.... your fxdd statement, is that a mini account.....

saw you mentioned addtional lot sizes.... sometimes it helps to adjust lot sizes also by the present trend..... in other words go heavy on the long side when the trend is up and light on the short side..... , or better still avoid shorts when trend is up.... converse for when the trend is down.... and when no trend can be determined , just roll the dice with 0.01 lots.....

you can also add an hour or time to trade.... this will make it somewhat more automatic.... backtesting almost shows consistent hours when your type idea will prevail.....

here is a backtest on a quickie version of your idea in full auto ..... it has a few extras such as totalpiptarget, totalprofittarget, hour to place trades, lots size determined by trend , assorted trailing stop techniques , breakeven and a few other common deals.....

the $'s and cents results will not compare to yours due to my mini having 1/10 the payout......h

Files:

hayseed:
hey marcel..... i was turning your idea into a full fledged ea and noticed something when comparing results.... my mini will give only 30 cents on a 0.01 sized lot and your fxdd statement shows 3$.... it almost appears to be a standard account.... your fxdd statement, is that a mini account.....

saw you mentioned addtional lot sizes.... sometimes it helps to adjust lot sizes also by the present trend..... in other words go heavy on the long side when the trend is up and light on the short side..... , or better still avoid shorts when trend is up.... converse for when the trend is down.... and when no trend can be determined , just roll the dice with 0.01 lots.....

you can also add an hour or time to trade.... this will make it somewhat more automatic.... backtesting almost shows consistent hours when your type idea will prevail.....

here is a backtest on a quickie version of your idea in full auto ..... it has a few extras such as totalpiptarget, totalprofittarget, hour to place trades, lots size determined by trend , assorted trailing stop techniques , breakeven and a few other common deals.....

the $'s and cents results will not compare to yours due to my mini having 1/10 the payout......h

Hello,

I think that looks like god results your test, I think it would be very interestetd to use you Test EA for a anaylse if the strategie works in wich market situations.

Is it possible to upload the Test EA here or send me by email, I would like to test it and make analyses of it.

Regards

Tim

hayseed:

Well job, Hayseed!!

Can you post the EA so many here (and me of course) can forward test in different pairs?

Hayseed, what are you using for trending detection?

best guess trend detection

hey marcel..... my preference for best guess trend detection is psar..... when trading off signals generated on the smaller time frames , 30 and 60, it seems to help me by only taking signals that have the daily and weekly psar giving the ok......h

//------------------

//------------------

hey tim...... let me reduce the ea back to something closer to marcel's and i'll post it...... and please keep in mind, ea's that depend on trend to function will not work well on pairs or times when trends don't exist.....h

Reason: