1400-1600 GMT USD Breakout Strategy - page 3

Guys i am thinking if we can apply the same on London open.......what do you thing ?

dirk:
Guys i am thinking if we can apply the same on London open.......what do you thing ?

You can use EURUSD, GBPUSD, GBPJPY, EURJPY, EURCHF & GBPCHF for London Open,

But the biggest market is the US Open market, so u can make more pips on US breakouts.

et_phonehome_2:
Anything dealing with time is always the biggest issue. This system uses 1400-1600 GMT time, so does that mean if I live in the US East coast, that translate to 10:00AM - 12:00PM? How do you handle those spikes above/below the horizontal line, and drops back between those two lines?

Hi,

1. 1400-1600 is the time on my broker (liteforex.org). you could try using this broker demo.

2. Timezone is 7am-9am NY time.

3. You can shift your stop and break even the trade (Shifting stop to +1pip capture) after it crossed the high or low, that way you can be safe incase it cross back into the horizontal lines.

jacoba:
some mistake with the indicator, Hi & Lo have the same value

Hi, i noticed this error, you can try using the crosshair in metatrader to find the low/high prices to place your stop entry orders.

aelimian:
The breakout on your chart is a little above and below the high and low respectively. Are you adding a buffer or just the spread?

Hi, the indicator is displaying the high/low price + the spreads i guess. But you can use the metatrader crosshair to find the real high/low. This indicator is just making your job easier instead of having to draw 4 lines on your chart

thx

dznmrd:
Hi,

Thanks for this indicator, its works well on my broker with timeshift set at 0.

This is great, don't need to draw the lines, its doing it automatically for me.

Thanks a lot!

thanks that indi work to you..

i'm sorry

newbestco:
Hi Andee,

I just installed your Ant-GU Breakout on Interbankfx, M15 chart of GU.

I found that the numbers n the Hi and Low are same. I also noticed on your chart that the Hi and Low have same numbers.

+ Why aren't they not different, but the same?

+ How many pips above the High, and how many pips below the Low should I place pending Buy stop and Sell stop? And where should I place my stop loss, and profit target?

Thanks for your indicator, it's nice.

Best regards,

James

sorry guys, maybe my mistake, so now i'm not at my desk now. mybe monday i fix it...

thanks

hi

dznmrd:
Hi, the indicator is displaying the high/low price + the spreads i guess. But you can use the metatrader crosshair to find the real high/low. This indicator is just making your job easier instead of having to draw 4 lines on your chart

yes, it is high/low+spread, but if you guys wanna disable this, just change

use_spread = false.

sorry

indicator fix

i found this at my external HD, now hi & lo value. problem fixed.

some information "Jumlah_hari" is how many days you want to backtest.

thanks

Files:

andee:
i found this at my external HD, now hi & lo value. problem fixed.

some information "Jumlah_hari" is how many days you want to backtest.

thanks

Yes now everything fixed and all setting is clearly. Thanks a lot, really appreciate it.

The breakout is working well on GBPUSD, EURUSD, AUDUSD, NZDUSD and USDCHF.

But USDJPY is not great for this breakout strategy.

Try setting "Jumlah_hari" to 30 and check the history and see 30 days, very very profitable. Especially if you are only interested in a quick 20-30 pips (no risks)

Reason: