Market condition and EAs - page 3

MTF EAs. Part 2.

Alpha EA.

Hard coded MTF.

Besides this EA is having few kinds of stop loss which were hadr coded inside this EA.

And more: some kind of filters or stop loss function may be activated during some condition of the marker and it was hard coded also.

General conclusion.

Just to summarize this for Alpha EA.

This EA is having well developed and very advanced account protection which we have right now.

But all kind of protection mean the following:

- EA is losing some part of deposit (changable in the settings) instead of losing all deposit;

and

- EA is not trading during the pre-defined period of time.

To say it in more simple way: during this kind of reversal (see the beginning of this thread) we can lose some part of deposit, or we can set in the settings manully about "not trading during the 5 days" for example.

There are no any automatic options for this EA to investigate/predict/foresee this kind of reversal to establish the protection automatically without human participation.

General ideas.

It may be necessary to use Ichimoku indicator or some other indicators to estimate/foresee/predict possible future reversal and to automatically activate some kind of protection without human participation.

Same idea with Martingale EAs (see this post).

Martingale EAs. Part final.

Just to summarize this for martingale EAs.

Which kind of account protection we have right now?

- timefilter;

- system/idea itself;

- limited trading pairs (do not trade 19 pairs all together);

- maximum trades options in the EA's settings.

That's all.

Seems 2 EAs are working well up to now.

Anyway, we need to think about some other kind of protection of the account ... may be we need to estimate this reversal and insert some codes inside EAs and EAs will not trade during this reversal ... but on the other hand - it may be false reversal as it was 3 or times since january 2007 ...

Well. I will describe next EAs and than we will see what we can do in this case.

So, what to do?

- do not trade during the reversal: evaluate reversal (in the same way as I did in the beginning of the thread and do not trade);

- reduce time filter;

- do not trade many pairs - trade less;

- do not trade the pairs which are having maximum volatility at GMT night.

- improve EAs inserting market reversal code as protection for 'not to trade during the reversal' automatically.

MTF EAs. Part 3.

Electra EA.

Hard coded MTF.

You may find the thread abot this EA here

Electra EA ** Released to Elite Members **

and EA on the first post of the thread.

All the description concerning Electra EA you will find on Electra thread.

MTF EAs. Part 3.

Electra EA.

Hard coded MTF.

What is the differencies between Alpha and Electra?

Well.

As I see from inside the code (sorry I can be mistaken as I am not a coder) so Electra EA will open the orders if

price will cross moving averages indicator's line.

Some times close price on previous bar, sometimes open price on previous bar.

Which moving averages?

Mode SMA, Price median, previous bar.

Just some example of enrty condition for the people who may understand the codes:

double PvBarMA1=iMA(NULL,PERIOD_H1,MAPeriod2,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_MEDIAN,2);

double LastOpen1=iOpen(NULL,PERIOD_H1,1);

if (LastOpen1 > PvBarMA1) {PH1_Trend="UP";}

if (LastOpen1 < PvBarMA1) {PH1_Trend="DW";}[/CODE]

It is for H1 timeframe.

and sometimes:

[CODE]double MA4=iMA(NULL,PERIOD_H4,MAPeriod3,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_MEDIAN,1);

double Close4=iClose(NULL,PERIOD_H4,1);

if (Close4 < MA4) {H4_Trend="DW";}

if (Close4 > MA4) {H4_Trend="UP";}

double PvBarMA2=iMA(NULL,PERIOD_H4,MAPeriod3,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_MEDIAN,3);

double LastOpen2=iOpen(NULL,PERIOD_H4,1);

if (LastOpen2 > PvBarMA2) {PH4_Trend="UP";}

if (LastOpen2 < PvBarMA2) {PH4_Trend="DW";}

Thus, Electra is some kind of price crossing MA indicator for M5, M15, H1 and H4 timeframes in some kind of algorithm.

MTF EAs. Part 3.

Electra EA.

Hard coded MTF.

Electra is having almost all kind of account protection which is having Alpha EA. I will not describe them all as those things are almost the same ones.

General conclusion.

As I said in some previous posts: MTF EAs are more risky than martingale EA. In case of Electra EA we need to improve the trading system itself. For example, Alpha EA is using good trading system to open/close the orders and all we need is just to insert some codes for reversal estimation. Electra EA is not using good proven trading system and in case of Electra: we need just to insert trading system inside this EA, or hardly improve already existing Electra system.

General ideas.

Electra EA is not profitable for all 19 pairs all together during the usual market condition. Equity/balance is slowly coming down (blue line is equity and yellow is balance):

But Electra EA is performing very good during the market reversal and some pairs are very profitable. And it is the example from right now:

And it is open orders right now:

And do you know how many pips if I close all the orders now?

+4,738 pips during the marker reversal!

But I am sorry: we may understand this Electra EA as a shell or template to create good MTF EAs and it is my idea for this Electra. We are having many good proven profitable EAs and if we will use this Electra as a template to create many MTF Eas so it may be great.

MTF EAs. Part 4.

Well. We finished with Hard Coded MTF and general conclusion: those kind of MTF EAs can be very very profitable but:

- it should be good and proven trading system which MTF EA is based on (we are having few good EAs testing which can be coded as MTF);

and

- we need some additional account protection concerning the market reversal which I descrived in the beginning of the thread. It is easy to do for coders and I will try to describe about the codes later on.

In this MTF part 4 I will describe about MTF EAs which are profitable irrespective of any market reversal. It is Slightly MTF (my everyday classification sorry - see post #17).

MTF part 5 will be about Anti-MTF EA (which is very interesting kind of MTF).

MTF EAs. Part 4.

TrendEnvelopeExpert_v2.2 EA.

Slightly MTF.

This EA including the settings, indicators and so on - you can find on this post.

TrendEnvelopeExpert_v2.2 EA: trading manually and explanation starting from this page till this one.

I am using this EA on M15 timeframe for 4 major pairs.

It is profitable for some of the pairs.

MTF EAs. Part 4.

Slightly MTF.

It is the forward testing performance.

MTF EAs. Part 4.

Slightly MTF.

As we see according to the performance so the balance is "zigzaging" ... big profit, then big loss ... ylou can see it especially for EURUSD.

Why?

Because of the nature of Slightly MTF EAs. I think all Slightly MTF EAs should have some "zigzaging" balance graph.

Later on, when I finish this thread (i just started) you can estimate about

- which kind of EA the person is using;

- what is advantage and disadvantage for using this EA;

- what we need to do to improve it

just looking on one equity/balance graph.

As we see our reversal case (which I described in the beginning of this thread) did not affect on this EA. I did not see any ig loss or ig profit just because of this reversal.

MTF EAs. Part 4.

Slightly MTF.

Indicators.

1. TrendStrength_v2 indicator.

I am using this indicator for H1 timeframe as a trend (confirmation). Just want to remind that I am trading on M15 timeframe.

2. TrendEnvelopes_v2 indicator.

I am using this indicator for current chart timeframe (in our case it is M15) as signal indicator.

3. AddSignal_v1 indicator.

I am not using this indicator (there are some options to switch off using any indicator in EA's settings).

Enter.

So, I am using just 2 indicators (it was coded 3 indicators inside this EA with many variations for enter, exit and settings and timeframe):

- TrendEnvelopes_v2 indicator to enter as signal indicator on M15 timeframe;

- TrendStrength_v2 indicator as confirmation of the signal on H1 timeframe.

Exit.

There are many kinds of exit in the settings. I am using ExitMode = 5.

For more information:

TrendEnvelopeExpert_v2.2 EA: trading manually and explanation starting from this page till this one.

Reason: