Index indicator (best indicator you'll find!)

Okay here is simply the best indicator I've coded.

This indicator grabs prices from yahoo and displays them as line. It's absolutely great to see for example how DOW vs FTSE is doing or to watch individual ETF to see where some market is going (for example USO and OIL etfs follow oil futures price)

So enjoy. I had some ideas of making this indicator commercial but then I decided it's not worth all the hassle.

Indicator fetches new data every 15 minutes for the last day.

Use the ticker names from Yahoo! Finance

Here are the indexes Volume Leaders - Yahoo! Finance

This is ex4, source code will not be available.

Files:
index.gif  34 kb

:: mmmm yummmmmie coding

:: but why you want to find it in yahoo, every broker have something like that? NO? DJI, mini DOW, Crude Oil, DAX, NASDAQ ... etc

:: yahoo only gives daily data away, no lower timeframes...

IN10TION:

:: but why you want to find it in yahoo, every broker have something like that? NO? DJI, mini DOW, Crude Oil, DAX, NASDAQ ... etc

Sorry I don't quite follow you..

I use yahoo simply because it has long periods of data for very extensive range of securities.

IN10TION:

this is what i was talking about in ur thread..

mikkom:
Okay here is simply the best indicator I've coded.

This indicator grabs prices from yahoo and displays them as line. It's absolutely great to see for example how DOW vs FTSE is doing or to watch individual ETF to see where some market is going (for example USO and OIL etfs follow oil futures price)

So enjoy. I had some ideas of making this indicator commercial but then I decided it's not worth all the hassle.

Indicator fetches new data every 15 minutes for the last day.

Use the ticker names from Yahoo! Finance

Here are the indexes Volume Leaders - Yahoo! Finance

This is ex4, source code will not be available.

Thank you very much Mikkom,you already read minds ..

i just was talking about that indicator,and was wishing to get it...NOW YOU DID AND I GOT IT..

Please take a look at

you see that?i was exactly thinking in the same idea..then you done it..that was lovely.

MIKKOM,Thanks again for ur indi.and your sharing it here.

I SET IT TO MY CHART,BUT NOTHING BEEN DISPLAYED?..I DRAG IT AND KEEP THE INPUTS AS IT IS BUT EMPTY WINDOWS COMES OUT!!And I CHANGED THE INEX NAME TO NASDAQ NOTHING DIS[LAYED TOO!!

WHAT DID I DO WRONG?

THanks

hi

thanks MIKKOM for your contribution , it's useful

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

mikkom:
Okay here is simply the best indicator I've coded. .

Isn't Mladens's indicator far superior and does the job much better?

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178416

Get an ODL platform and key in DOW,OIL,DAX etc etc etc and get upto the second .

Oh you don't want to share the source code?Please share the source code

Go look at Mladen's coding which is shared freely.

I have also seen all your other indicators .Very useful and thank you for another great contribution.

I am using some of your great indicators

FX-INDICATORS

fx-indicators:
Get an ODL platform and key in DOW,OIL,DAX etc etc etc and get upto the second .

With ODL you are restricted to the securities they offer.

This indictor however works with any MT4 and with a VERY large list of individual securities including individual stocks and almost any index you could want.

ahmedazizelias:
I SET IT TO MY CHART,BUT NOTHING BEEN DISPLAYED?..I DRAG IT AND KEEP THE INPUTS AS IT IS BUT EMPTY WINDOWS COMES OUT!!And I CHANGED THE INEX NAME TO NASDAQ NOTHING DIS[LAYED TOO!!

WHAT DID I DO WRONG?

THanks

Use tickers from finance.yahoo.com

Nasdaq composite is ^IXIC - other nasdaq indices are here Major U.S. Indices - Yahoo! Finance

Hello Mikko,

is it possible that your indicator can give me only the last price, and last change , which then i can use it in a EA ?

Thanks in advance

Reason: