Hull MA - page 3

demam_emas:
I tried HMA4 on my visual backtest, and it repainted! Please correct me if i'm wrong.

I'm also using HMA4, and I find it to be pretty good. But you're right! It repaints! Not only does the current dot change color, but the completed dot at shift = 1 also changes color after it's finished.

In spite of those shortcomings, I think it can be a useful tool in my warchest. I haven't made any attempt to fix it, but maybe, if I get time. Others say it can't be done.

Cheers and good trading.

mladen:
Non repainting Hull moving average

Just made a quick test in visual backtest.

Worked like a charm!

Thanks Mladen.

I think it's really has great potential to make a scalper EA based on this indicator. Can you show us indicator's buffer that control when color is green or red?

HMASignal=iCustom(NULL,0,"HMA Color nrp", HMA_period,HMA_PriceType,HMA_Method,?,1);

The EA should buy when HMA turns into green and vice versa.

Any EA programmer interested to build it?

I do not reccomend using buffer values to find out it's color

Let me explain: in ANY MULTICOLOR LINE indicator it is a normal occurence that when the color is changing two buffers contain the same value (you can easily check this in data window) The begining of one color must match the end of the other color

Instead, use simple comparison : this indicator contains all the values of HMA in it's first buffer, and it is easy to compare values to find out what is going on :

current > previous = green

current < previous = red

current = previous = yellow

Of NormalizeDigitsPlus - if you turn NormalizeValues on the values of the HMA are normalized to Digits + NormalizeDigitsPlus (for example on most brokers EURUSD would be 4+NormalizeDigitsPlus, USDJPY would be 2+NormalizeDigitsPlus and so on...)

btw: When you turn off the NormalizeValues you will have much less equal values (yellow color)

demam_emas:
Just made a quick test in visual backtest.

Worked like a charm!

Thanks Mladen.

I think it's really has great potential to make a scalper EA based on this indicator. Can you show us indicator's buffer that control when color is green or red?

HMASignal=iCustom(NULL,0,"HMA Color nrp", HMA_period,HMA_PriceType,HMA_Method,?,1);

The EA should buy when HMA turns into green and vice versa.

Any EA programmer interested to build it?

mladen:

Your modified indicator looks great. But could you provide the source code? I don't use any custom indicators or EA's without the source code so I can both understand how it works and also modify it for my own purposes, if I'd like to. An ex4 file by itself has very limited usefulness.

Thanks if you feel free to share it. Otherwise, I understand.

I was thinking what to answer : should I answer something funny, something smart...

I came up with this : I am not going to post source for this indicator. Sorry

mladen

jimven:
mladen:

Your modified indicator looks great. But could you provide the source code? I don't use any custom indicators or EA's without the source code so I can both understand how it works and also modify it for my own purposes, if I'd like to. An ex4 file by itself has very limited usefulness.

Thanks if you feel free to share it. Otherwise, I understand.

mladen:
I was thinking what to answer : should I answer something funny, something smart...

I came up with this : I am not going to post source for this indicator. Sorry

mladen

It's OK.

Good luck with your trades always

That is a matter of coddinq technique

What I am using in order to lessen the number of buffers and to have exact values without hassle is that the first buffer allways contains all the values of the HULL MA and the others are determined by simple comparison of the first buffers values

this way it is no problem to find out values of the indicator (after all that is what is interesting to us : exact values)

fxbs:
well, thats what CJA answers on question about the source (or no comments)

but whatever reason could be - brothers, we are not competitors here

Mladen, there is a question:

- but shouldn't the color buffers be zero and than values goes either to 1 or 2 or 3;

equal = yellow

what everybody normally does - just grubs the color ??

could you tell more how to use .ex4 in EAs and trailors via iCustom?

(and how to hack it ...)

Just one of the possible ways to determine colors and values:

current = iCustom(NULL,0,"HMA Color nrp", HMA_period,HMA_PriceType,HMA_Method,0,0);

previous = iCustom(NULL,0,"HMA Color nrp", HMA_period,HMA_PriceType,HMA_Method,0,1);

while(true)

{

if (current > previous)

{

... green code;

break;

}

if (current < previous)

{

... red code;

break;

}

yellow code; break

}

as off hacking: use whatever way you can, entirely up to you

fxbs:
could you tell more how to use .ex4 in EAs and trailors via iCustom? (and how to hack it ...)

Reason: