School of Pimpology - page 155

WTI Long

Pipsters,

This one is not for everyone, but I am long WTI entry 36.22 s/l below last low 34.50 (yes big stop), but I think price may have reached bottom. I have attached a daily chart and note the CCI slopes which suggest a change in direction / slowing downward momentum.

Rockie

Files:

Which Broker to use?

Hi,

I've been paper trading this system for a couple of months and am doing OK. I think I might be ready to start real trading with it soon.

What broker would you guys recommend? I've been using Oanda for my demo trading, but I'm based in the UK and would prefer to use a UK based FSA registered broker.

Thanks,

Mauzj.

Nicola A:
Dan & Zak ... I don't have the words to say thank you.

When I joined I was hoping for 500 pips a week and I thought that was GREAT!

Here is my score for today which speaks for itself. If I ever have a child I may have to call it DanZak (wait isn't that a curry?) anyway ... ...

USDJPY short +238

EURJPY short +184

EURUSD short +47

GBPJPY short +296

WTI short +249

OIL short +238

TOTAL 1252 pips

Can I say what a difference having a couple of screens has made to my results? Before if I was in more than 2 trades I was a wreck trying to manage both. Now I can sit back, look at the big picture, put in my targets and wait patiently for the pips.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I am thinking about having a celebration drink but I am so giddy I may pass out. My hands are still shaking.

Nicola

PS - For anyone who doesn't know me I started trading in November for the first time. I found Zak on Youtube and started copying his trades which led me to the live room. The rest is history.

Hi Nicola,

these are great results ! One word of caution though: WTI Oil and Brent Crude Oil e.g. are really one and the same thing with regard to price action, you might as well short two contracts of WTI or two contracts Brent instead of shorting one contract each of the two Crude Oil sorts, imho.

WTI - It gets a Rockie Tidy

Dear Pipsters,

Just to update, I have closed 1/2 my WTI position at 38.77 the other side of DP. Moved stop to 37.10 and am going to let this one ride. Total pips for the trade 255. Will update the average once this puppy has finally stopped running.

Lovely, lovely. lovely

Oiled and Waxed Rockie

Files:

The lucky horseshoe fell out of my a** today and I ended the morning -145 pips. I stopped but I while ago had another peek to see what was going on and managed to claw my way back to +18 thanks to the yen pairs falling off.

Crude was completely wild today ... WTI is so out of whack because of the oversupply (contango).

Thanks for the advice Larry. I usually put a trade on one of the crudes and only add the other one if/when the first one is profitable.

No longer queen of the pips ...

Nicola

I will try and post my charts/reasons later Strato

Nicola A:
The lucky horseshoe fell out of my a** today and I ended the morning -145 pips. I stopped but I while ago had another peek to see what was going on and managed to claw my way back to +18 thanks to the yen pairs falling off.

Crude was completely wild today ... WTI is so out of whack because of the oversupply (contango).

Thanks for the advice Larry. I usually put a trade on one of the crudes and only add the other one if/when the first one is profitable.

No longer queen of the pips ...

Nicola

I will try and post my charts/reasons later Strato

Hey Nicola,

Some days are like that. Don't chase the pony. Time to switch off and regroup. Look forward to seeing you back to winning ways on the morrow.

Waxed Rockie

Thanks Rockie

Truth is the crown was very heavy ... not ready to be queen.

Hope if you ever visit your favourite country that you and Mrs Rock can come and stay

Nicola

mauzj:
Hi,

I've been paper trading this system for a couple of months and am doing OK. I think I might be ready to start real trading with it soon.

What broker would you guys recommend? I've been using Oanda for my demo trading, but I'm based in the UK and would prefer to use a UK based FSA registered broker.

Thanks,

Mauzj.

Mauzj,

I can't answer about a broker, but if you are a UK resident you should be spreadbetting as it is tax free.

You could use IG Index | Spread Betting | Financial Spread Betting or Spread Betting | CFDs | Forex Trading | Currency Markets | GFT

Unlucky Nicola. Thats the thing with this game. No matter how you perform there is always some emotional aspect to deal with. Have a good day and it is very easy to lose the next day. I've had a great start to the year but the last few trading session everything has seemed so random on my trade front.

Keep it steady.

Reason: