Spread Betting

Hi,

I currently have a tax free spread betting account with IG UK with leverage of 30:1.

UK and Europe seem to allow only leverage of up to 30:1, not more.

Does any other country have spread betting accounts apart from UK? the other ones I've seen are mostly CFD trading with high leverage and not Spread Betting.

Hi william, what is spread betting account?

From what I know spread betting is a british concept of cfd trading so I dont think that exists elsewhere..

William2050: I currently have a tax free spread betting account with IG UK with leverage of 30:1. UK and Europe seem to allow only leverage of up to 30:1, not more.

Does any other country have spread betting accounts apart from UK? the other ones I've seen are mostly CFD trading with high leverage and not Spread Betting.

I don't believe so!

The UK's Spread-Betting is mostly just a ploy to get around the UK's Tax Laws so that it it gets classified as "gambling" (tax-free) instead of "trading" (taxed) by essentially introducing a "middle-man" Dealing-Desk in front of the actual Market. This is something I learned about from a recent customer.

Most seasoned traders actually want and prefer Non Dealing Desk brokers because Dealing-Desk brokers can sometimes be quite "shady"!