A simple method 4 ea idea

just open/(or close) trade(s) when ema(5) crosses ema(50) with a 35 pip trailing stop on any pair - only 1H chart.

Years of life wasted

Oh is it that easy? well i'll be damned why didn't I try that. All this time researching and testing trading methods and EA's and all I had to do was use an EA that opens and closes a trade when one line crosses another. Thank you sir you have changed my life.

omargray +1))

I also think this stratege is hopeless.

MiniMe:
the idea is simple so I have created a draft expert, I think it will only work on active market have fun

much appreciated for your help MiniMe - its true, it will profit better on a more active market...and mainly on the majors - normally i wouldnt put a trailing stop on the manual trades - just a 20 pip stop on the entry - the trailing stop was just a added idea:) But if you look at most historic data just on the 1 H charts, the ema settings show good trade captures - but about 30 % of the trades wont profit, but with the 20 pip regular stop, shouldnt damage the account that much - also i have to be honest here, i found this method on the web, downloaded it and started trading it - so if this EA draft you've created works to that method, Id like to go back to the guy that created the method and share with him this collaboration - as really its his idea to begin with....i'm sure he would appreciate it:)

i'll compile your code and stick it on my trading account and see how we go!

fingers (& ema's) crossed

solamax:
much appreciated for your help MiniMe - its true, it will profit better on a more active market...and mainly on the majors - normally i wouldnt put a trailing stop on the manual trades - just a 20 pip stop on the entry - the trailing stop was just a added idea:) But if you look at most historic data just on the 1 H charts, the ema settings show good trade captures - but about 30 % of the trades wont profit, but with the 20 pip regular stop, shouldnt damage the account that much - also i have to be honest here, i found this method on the web, downloaded it and started trading it - so if this EA draft you've created works to that method, Id like to go back to the guy that created the method and share with him this collaboration - as really its his idea to begin with....i'm sure he would appreciate it:)

i'll compile your code and stick it on my trading account and see how we go!

fingers (& ema's) crossed

Solamax,

This strategy would probably yield better results if you reversed the signal. What you're trying to do here has been beat to death with most of the people in the trading world. I'm assuming you're new at this, so good luck to you. If you stay around long enough, you'll eventually realize that this is one of the greatest challenges life will ever throw at you.

P.S. - don't worry about reimbursing the system designer... this concept (and numerous variations there of) are well over 30 years old.

Again, good luck and enjoy the journey,

MM

Mr.Marketz:
Solamax,

This strategy would probably yield better results if you reversed the signal. What you're trying to do here has been beat to death with most of the people in the trading world. I'm assuming you're new at this, so good luck to you. If you stay around long enough, you'll eventually realize that this is one of the greatest challenges life will ever throw at you.

P.S. - don't worry about reimbursing the system designer... this concept (and numerous variations there of) are well over 30 years old.

Again, good luck and enjoy the journey,

MM

Yes - this is true i am only new at this:)

and i thank you for your input most definately - I tried other EMA cross type strategies before but as you say, can yeild negative results - but I only had to pull up a handfull of charts to see whether this MA combo would be profitable - and I have to be honest here, most charts I looked at showed more profitable trades than negative ones...??? the ideal timeframe seemed to be on the 1H chart only as there were too many crossings on other charts timeframes I noticed - also, as MiniMe mentioned, this would certainly need to be in an active market to work well and may even just need an adjustment of the trailing stop to lock in the quick swings that occur - on another note, potentially I can see say with the AUDNZD - a range trading pair by most times, are quite sizeable on the swings so with a quickswing up, use a 10pip trailing stop (sorry 15 i think is their minimum), might be able to be an ideal range trading tool at the shorter timeframes (perhaps??? - i'll have double check).and the 1H charts being suitable for trend following purposes. Obviously some pairs are better suited for this and other pairs for a modified version.

But, as you say, it is a work in the process and i welcome your help here if you have something to share on this as for me, collaborating is much better feeling for me as opposed to trying to exploilt on anything presented:)

my moto - 'give credit where it's due'

hi MiniMe

I've been trying to test the EA you created but it seems to come up with 'mismatched errors' on the backtesting.

So what i did in the meantime, I found some java EA builder from this forum, put in the conditions with some slight changes and backtested it. But as Mr Marketz said, it may be better to reverse the inputs as it drew a falling equity curve - i am not much of a programmer now, but i used to get into programming assembler years ago - so i do understand some of the basics still

maybe we could try to tweek this java code to get it running smoothly - as the goal here is to make something that is as simple as possible. At least the java version did actually open and close trades up to this time. Or if you feel the mismatched errors can be fixed easily, by all means we should stick with that method. Please let me know your feelings on this.

Of course the copyright is still yours regardless - im not the programmer here - but more a project ideas type person....thats all !

Files:

Solomax,

Fair enough. If you insist on playing around with MA's, then this will be the last EA you'll ever need.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

See you,

MM

many thanks MrMarketz....!

I'll give it a go

hmmm....

I now can see why MrMarketz said the crossed EMA's may not be the holy grail - it obviously needs other oscillators to be coupled with this.......

Maybe - (just maybe), we could apply something a little different to this method:

In my studies, I came across a phenomena called the Frequency Following Response - basically what it is, (for example), when you strike a tuning fork with one hand, then place a stationary fork next to it, the stationary one eventually starts to vibrate at the same frequency. When I did some socionomic studies relating to the elliott wave theory, it showed that humans are a herding type of species, so if the influence was strong enough, it would trigger the rest to follow - I saw this all the time especially when i was living in japan....but the studies had proven that it is a universal phenomena. So in saying this, what other oscillators available to us would be the indicator(s) that show what the rest of the world is about to do?

I wonder.......some kind of harmonic resonator meter perhaps:)

I do know a few of the frequencies that trigger human emotions. They are;

5-15 hertz (which is what the sun produces in sub-sonic waves) - when we are subjected to this frequency range, the brain is operating in the ALPHA state (which is quite relaxed), and from 15 Hz and upwards, the brain is operating in the BETA state (which is more the active state).

It is also shown from around 30 hz and upwards, the brain starts to go into a frenzy state (or panic, or alert, fear or similar).

So i wonder, what could be the ideal barometer for this?

.....the search continues for the Frequency Following Meter

btw - this is not a commercial idea - if this indicator could be realised, i would want only that all ideas are shared and given to the world - for free - as we would be greedy if we could make millions from a tool like this, and not allow others the same privelige, given the amount of poverty that still exists.

my moto - "give credit where its due"

solamax:
just open/(or close) trade(s) when ema(5) crosses ema(50) with a 35 pip trailing stop on any pair - only 1H chart.

the idea is simple so I have created a draft expert, I think it will only work on active market

have fun

Reason: