Trend Catcher - page 3

Thanks for this EA Nittany, i really like the indicator. I think this EA has great potential. With some volatility/time filters and maybe let it ride approach to taking profit the big moves can be taken advantage of better than static stop loss.

SOme observations so far. Im testing this EA on TVFX demo. Most of my trades are opening up with already established trend according to Hi-lo indi. They seem to be getting in the middle or the end of the move, screen shot attached #1. Some trades opened against the indicator(example on SS #2) Those are just examples of whats going on with lots of trades. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this. Hopefully im not misunderstanding anything. Thanks again.

Files:
1_2.jpg  241 kb
2_1.jpg  243 kb

zomg:
Thanks for this EA Nittany, i really like the indicator. I think this EA has great potential. With some volatility/time filters and maybe let it ride approach to taking profit the big moves can be taken advantage of better than static stop loss. SOme observations so far. Im testing this EA on TVFX demo. Most of my trades are opening up with already established trend according to Hi-lo indi. They seem to be getting in the middle or the end of the move, screen shot attached #1. Some trades opened against the indicator(example on SS #2) Those are just examples of whats going on with lots of trades. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this. Hopefully im not misunderstanding anything. Thanks again.

The trades on GJ are acting weird. Previous trade closes on open of next bar, and next one opens right away just to be closed on open of the next. Screeshot attached. No clue whats going on with this but maybe its TVFX feed. Thought i would test it there as its one of the brokers that allows skalping but somethings not working right. I did x10 TP's and SLs.

Files:
3.rar  149 kb

I don't know why your EAs act weird for me. Trades close for no reason, see pic

TP or SL wasn't hit but trades closed anyway

Files:
nannytrade.jpg  42 kb

nittany1,

so far the forward testing is good

I try to close MT4 and open again, but EA didnt remind the open orders and close the trades and then the EA start open new trade....

maybe u should fix it ...

sorry my mistake

regards

Hi Nittany.

I am liking this ea. Here are my initial results so far.

Jeff

nittany1:
Yeah I don't run into any problems with 10 tp either. I'll write it this weekend and post it probably by Sunday night. I'm also going to work a little bit more on Trend Catcher as well. Everyone post their forward trade results so others can see.

That's all about the system that look at indic. Human would wait like x sec or min after the signal for confirmation. Exept maby if you trade on 1M or 5M, even there.

The thing repaint, so the only way the make it "accurate" is the ask EA to look at indic at each x min, so then it won't open and close trade on the same candel. But that create another problem, witch is: trade open at wrong time.

If you choose "look at x min system", then you got some weird move and open close on same candel. If you choose "look at next candel open", then you got late entry.

The more and more i test those, i'm getting to the opinion that we would need a mix of those, or a "wait x min after signal to get in if still true".

Whitout any more accurate LOGIC, those are only toys that put red and green arrow on a chart.

Wait x min after signal, if still true, go? - my best suggestion.

INZ

Not sure why some would get such good results and i got pretty bad, right now both demos on TVFX and ALpari US are down about 20% since last night. Poopy and Azjeff had quite different results. However, this is not the only EA that im getting a lot worse results comparing to results of others. Ive been noticing this more and more lately. Maybe my old 1800+AMD comp is just overloaded with 13 MT4 demo platforms running at same time and messing up the the performace.

hi

nittany1:
Well the indicator needs to be placed and compiled where indicators belong. It is not necessary to put it on the chart that you attach the EA to. It is only necessary that you have that indicator in your indicators folder.

thanks for your EA it's worth to try in a long term

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

Thanks Azjeff

azjeff:
I have a very good manual scalping system that I use and I trade on Tradeview with it. 10-12 pips profit. Tradeview has straight through processing and all of my trades get filled and with no execution problems. I hope to try the ea Nittany is talking about on Tradeview as I know there will be no problems for sl hunting. Jeff

Thanks Azjeff, will have a look at tradeview. Would you care to share your manual trading system. Personally, I don't like ea's auto trading.

Many thanks in anticipation. Have also sent you a pm.

Regards

Pardy

increase

Hi folks, simple EA with simple indi !

Nittanny1, why dont we start to make it more profitable with a little bit changing for entry and exit.

Im far away from a programmer, just share an idea...

Okay...

1. Change the indi into multiple TF, say M15, M30 and H1; entry market three times, each following both three of TF.

2. Additional exit with trailing and indi's changing signal (which one hit first). Different setting for each,

eg. 1st OP (M15) = SL 20, TS = 10, or HiLo reverse

2nd OP (M30) = SL 30, TS = 15, or HiLo reverse

3rd OP (H1) = SL 40, TS = 20, or HiLo reverse

3. When smaller TF hit TS/SL/HiLo reverse, re-entry market alowed on next signal IF bigger TF still on same colour.

So, maximum we just OP 3 position on each pair.

Logically :

1. We may reducing looses by profit from smaller TF.

2. We may catch up the long trend earlier !!

3. First loose wont followed by next caused fake signal on small TF, but first profit will following by others from bigger TF.

easy... just like a play tic-toc on each TF.

Keep the good work buddy!

Reason: