Trend Catcher - page 6

I forward tested Trend Catcher v0.50 EA for two days using the set file published in this thread. The broker was Alpari UK, the time frame M15.

The results and the set file are attached.

Regards,

Chrisstoff

Not good

Thanks much, azjeff, this looks interesting.

I tested the Trendcatcher system for twelve hours on the four recommended pairs and Poopy's set file.

Statement attached.

WNW:
Thanks much, azjeff, this looks interesting.

I tested the Trendcatcher system for twelve hours on the four recommended pairs and Poopy's set file.

Statement attached.

It took my account down 40% in 18 hours with the same pairs and set files.

Not ready for prime time.

Rob

Any positiv update about that EA??!!

Hi Nittany1. Thanks for yr ea. Is TC wStoch an EA or Indicator?

Hi Nittany1,

Thanks for yr sharing the EA. Please advise whether the TC wStoch v0.50 an EA or an Indicator to be used with Trend Catcher v0.50?

If TC wStoch v0.50 is an EA, then, do I need to use it as a standalone, or with "Hi-Lo" Indicator?

Can your EA be used profitably with much volatile pair like GBP/JPY?

I am sorry to ask you such simple questions, as I am a newbie in forex.

Thanks for your advice.

Best regards,

James Phuc

newbestco:
Hi Nittany1,

Thanks for yr sharing the EA. Please advise whether the TC wStoch v0.50 an EA or an Indicator to be used with Trend Catcher v0.50?

If TC wStoch v0.50 is an EA, then, do I need to use it as a standalone, or with "Hi-Lo" Indicator?

Can your EA be used profitably with much volatile pair like GBP/JPY?

I am sorry to ask you such simple questions, as I am a newbie in forex.

Thanks for your advice.

Best regards,

James Phuc

TC wStoch is simply Trend Catcher with stochastics added. They both depend on Hi-Lo already being compiled and in the correct place. Do you know how to optimize? Here is a webpage for optimizing if you don't know how. I would recommend for any currency pair, optimizing once a day using the past 3 days of data.

Backtesting and Optimization in Metatrader 4 - Expert Advisor Programming

Locking Profit and Trailing Stop

I add trailing stop and locking profit in this EA,

Plus I filtered with ADX, please try and give me your report.

Nittany1, are you still using or development this EA?

I love all your simple and clear program

Files:

ServerUang:
I add trailing stop and locking profit in this EA,

Plus I filtered with ADX, please try and give me your report.

Nittany1, are you still using or development this EA?

I love all your simple and clear program

Yes, but I had a baby so it's hard to get back to programming right now, he's just learning how to walk and talk so I'm occupied much of the time.

Nittany, please how wil I put it in the chat, and to even download it is a problem, please help me out

nittany1:

This is an EA I developed for a friend of mine from Forex IRC network nicknamed Trend. He has some simplified rules for trading trends using a custom indicator which I'll include in this post.

First compile the indicator and then compile the expert. Without the indicator the expert won't run. Trend found this indicator while experimenting with his manual trade system and decided to ask me to write an expert utilizing it.

This is the first version of this EA and development will continue.

Feel free to change stop loss and take profit to your comfort level but don't change anything that is hard coded into the indicator calls in the expert, it requires specific settings.

Version: v0.50

Timeframe: 15 min

Currency Pair: any

Dependency: Hi-Lo custom indicator included in this post

I added another version, TC wStoch v0.50, which trades using stochastics in the direction of the trend indicated by Hi-Lo. The timeframe, pair and dependency are the same as the original version.

hi, can someone give a couple instructions for install,  we simply install the trend catcher and HI Lo indicator?  I have installed other indicators, usually metaeditor pops up showing it, I close the editor, restart MT4, and can use the ea or indie..    also, are there any parameters that need changed,  the  "extern int Per=3; does it need changed to 30 ?  some people having trouble with bunch of losses due to a parameter being out ?  can i change the parameter in the ea settings, or does it have to go to metaeditor ?  Thanks. will be using it in demo, and will report back results.  Also, does the indicator have a built in fail-safe to stop trading in a sideways or non-condusive market pattern ?

Reason: