Trend Catcher - page 5

Yep - I'm having bad trades also

Hi Chicago Bob, Yes, I am also experiencing the bad trades. I'm tweeking the testing but it isn't what I'd hoped for yet.

hi lo settings

I was looking at the EA in MetaEditor and noticed that the hi lo settings were default at "extern int Per=3;" and on the Elite thread at FF, the template file Trend posted, the hi lo settings were "Per=30". That might help with some of the whipsaw you are seeing. I don't know....just a thought.

-Poopy

The expert is setup to use Per=30

If you guys attach to multiple charts without changing the magic number they will open and/or close each other's trades.

azjeff:
Nittany,

Thank you for the update. Maybe forexmoments will backtest it for us since he always has something to say about every ea that is made on this forum and forexfactory lol.

Jeff

Nice one!

Suggest to add Entry at cross & Trailling

Hi Bro,

I'm one of the user of your EA and i would like to suggest to add

1. Entry at Stoch cross, auto entry at earlier stage.

2. Trailling Stop, it will maximize the profit.

nittany1:
This is an EA I developed for a friend of mine from Forex IRC network nicknamed Trend. He has some simplified rules for trading trends using a custom indicator which I'll include in this post.

First compile the indicator and then compile the expert. Without the indicator the expert won't run. Trend found this indicator while experimenting with his manual trade system and decided to ask me to write an expert utilizing it.

This is the first version of this EA and development will continue.

Feel free to change stop loss and take profit to your comfort level but don't change anything that is hard coded into the indicator calls in the expert, it requires specific settings.

Version: v0.50

Timeframe: 15 min

Currency Pair: any

Dependency: Hi-Lo custom indicator included in this post

I added another version, TC wStoch v0.50, which trades using stochastics in the direction of the trend indicated by Hi-Lo. The timeframe, pair and dependency are the same as the original version.

Made the change...

poopy:
I was looking at the EA in MetaEditor and noticed that the hi lo settings were default at "extern int Per=3;" and on the Elite thread at FF, the template file Trend posted, the hi lo settings were "Per=30". That might help with some of the whipsaw you are seeing. I don't know....just a thought. -Poopy

Thanks, poopy. I went into MetaEditor and made the recommended change. When you were testing and had

all those winners, were you using the Per=30 input?

Rob

MetaEditor changes

I did not make the changes in MetaEditor...it's just something I saw and was wondering about. Nittany1 said the "per=30" was built in to the EA. He said you should just open a blank chart and apply the EA - with no other indicators. Hope this helps.

-Poopy

azjeff,

Would you care to share your manual system?

I did not create this scalping system but it is a very good manual scalping system. Since this system is not mine and it is published on another site I will give the link for it. I do not use their take profit figure very often. I change it up between 8-10 pips and I do a couple of other things different but the main items I use are listed in this thread. I will not share my modifications that I am doing different because they are very aggressive items. People need to learn the system first and then make their own modifications. Here is the link.

Scalping system #3 (2 SARs to go) | Forex strategies revealed

There was a mt4 indicator made for it. I am not sure if the mt4 indicator works or not. I have not tried it but people can get it here.

http://forex-strategies-revealed.com/files/user/Parabolic_SW.mq4

Jeff

WNW:
azjeff, Would you care to share your manual system?
Reason: