Your first $1,000,000... - page 2

cockeyedcowboy:
jdn74

Why do you have to wait to do these? You don't need a million. I'm sure that in your own town there are things you can do with a lot less money.

To give an example, In the weeks leeding into Christmass this past year. I read about a kid who broke hes neck in an accident and was parrilized from the neck down. As the story went he had no way to get out of the house as it was not handicap equipted and being locked up was hes nightmare of being alone. So what this was in a town 1800 miles from my home, I was just passing through, not my problem right! Instead I called the paper and located him. I showed up at his house on Christmass day unanouced with a new dell laptop computer, speech software, wireless epuipment, web cam, and some other stuff to help him use the computer, costs no way near a mil, it was around $1,000. The smile on the kids face now that was worth a MILLION.

As fare as you helping your parants out, well, what kind of son would wait till he got a million before helping them?

Keit

What you did was noble. But again, I never said I had to be a millionaire to be a giver. I give what I can already and I give my time (mostly to my SON) when I am home. I'm only supposed to have him every other weekend, but there were multiple times last year (when work was slower) that I had him all the time. My ex is very understanding about this so at least I give her props for that. I even mowed several people's lawns for free cause I new they couldn't afford to pay someone to do it and they weren't able to do it themselves.

As far as my parents are concerned - I would help them out in any way possible right now (time, money, or otherwise). But what I meant by helping them in my example was this - what kind of son wouldn't instantly retire his parents if he became a millionaire (to play on your quote)?

I think you're missing the point of my topic. The point is this: I have a goal of reaching a million dollars, but I don't really know why. I'm trying to figure out what the motivating factor is. I'm looking for others who have the same type of goal, but yet know why they want to achieve that goal.

cockeyedcowboy:
Rumpled Why did you quite, you still have a few hundred dollars leftover from hte million. You can take all your friends for a trip to the local DQ for ice cream.

Mmmmm... thats sounds good. I think thats the first place I'm gonna go with my son when I get back home this Wednesday. I've been in Hawaii working for the last 3 1/2 months. I haven't found a Dairy Queen anywhere on this island! They have shaved ice, but its not the same. Gotta have a dipped cone!!

I think everyone in this forum have dreams of trading and making their millions. We are all here, afterall, to find financial freedom. There is going to be a lot of heartache along the way, that's for sure. And let's face it, a lot of people were just not cut out to be trading, it takes a special person to fail multiple times, and keep coming back for more. And for others, they need to learn the biggest lesson from trading and use it, cut their losses and find another profession. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I've gone back to get a job when I knew I didn't have an edge that is sustainable or lucrative enough. And edges just doesn't appear out of nowhere, you have to be in the right place in the right time, or a moment where you stumble on something, sometimes it takes a long time and have the right connections. Sometimes, it's just pure luck. Sometimes, it takes a lot of screen time. I'm fortunate enough to be in the right place and know the right people at the right time.

That's the thing with trading, it's not about putting in the time, you can put in 5 years and still get nothing. Where the next guy can come along in 5 minutes and find a exploitable edge. So it is a very frustrating endeavor.

My 1st million? I would diversify into other investment tools not relating to stocks or forex. LOL. I always think like a businessman nowadays.

Here's a question you probably don't ask yourself everyday. What would be the one goal that you'd refuse to attain until after you made your first million dollars? Whats the one thing that you want the most that you could actually hold out on until you made that first million

As long if money is your goal your are never going to make that million true trading.

Only the moment that you can let go of the element money...you have a good chance that you can make it.

I'm shure you know about cause and effect...

Only when you want to become a good trader (the goal or cause) you will earn good money (the effect).

If you try to earn good money ( the effect) you will never become a good trader (the cause or the goal).

The sequence is important that you need to place the cause or goal before or in front of the effect.

regards...iGoR

jbfx:
My 1st million? I would diversify into other investment tools not relating to stocks or forex. LOL. I always think like a businessman nowadays.

LOL - thats what I'm talkin' 'bout! I was just relating to someone else that maybe I have the 1M goal just to prove myself that it can be done. But, once achieved, it wouldn't end there. I'd probably diversify too. But aside from that, I still just don't know what that something special would be after I did it. Could be something really simple. Maybe finally try a DIFFERENT flavor at DQ and live a little? j/k

hi

if everyone knew a person who made a million from let say $1000 please share with me ......

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

Money does not buy happiness or permanent contentment. Most people that are rich are not satisfied and many are not very happy. Can money buy eternity? - No! Why is the goal to be a millionaire so important when our lives are like a breath of air, short lived, and then it is gone. More important than being a millionaire is what awaits us when our time is up on this planet (Which could happen tomorrow by a serious accident or even a heart attack). As the Bible says "What is it worth to gain the wealth of the world, but end up losing your soul?"

What is more important, money or eternity?? Ask yourself this truthfully - Do you have the guarantee, the assurance, the confidence in your heart that if you die today that you would go to Heaven?? Yes or No. This answer is a million times more important than money or the worship of money.

Let this be the focus of your priority in life - If you said No or are not sure or have an attitude of disbelief about Heaven then I would suggest that you, in a quiet place as soon as possible, ask God with sincerity to present proof of the existence of Jesus and the truth of Heaven and Hell - Then wait for God to reveal this truth to you that without Jesus, all the money in the world will not save you from eternal destruction. Making money is a game at best - Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Your Soul is no game. Without God's help through Jesus, you are going to lose for sure and never make it to Heaven. Contemplate this versus getting rich. Let's face it, we cannot take any worldly possessions with us. Our Soul lasts forever - Where it (each of us) ends up is determined by who becomes top priority in your life.

Reverend Dave

Houston, Texas

Life is very short - Eternity is forever and forever~

^^ But it doesn't hurt to have a mil in the bank.

prasxz:
if everyone knew a person who made a million from let say $1000 please share with me ......

I'll let you know if it happens to me. It may take a few years, but I'm a patient man! Everything I've learned in life and in my job came from HKU (Hard Knocks University).

Dave137:
"What is it worth to gain the wealth of the world, but end up losing your soul?"

I'm a Christian, Dave. I don't worship money and I hope I haven't come across that way. I agree. I know that if I'm not a giver now, I probably wouldn't be even if I was well-off. Same goes with attitude, humility, and happiness. But I do know there are plenty of people who are well off who donate their time and money to ministries and charities. For example, I know a guy who started a business from home and eventually grew it to be a well known company in the area. Now he has employees, which frees up his time. He spends probably 30-40% of his time traveling all over the state ministering to prison inmates and has put A LOT of his own money into buying books and materials for them. The band I'm in back home (at least when I am home) has led praise and worship for his organization a few times (in the prisons) over the last year. I think it would be nice to be able to do something like that full-time and have the resources to back me up.

I'd also like to home-school my son (when he is of age) and teach him practical things that I wish I would've been taught and not have to worry where the money is going to come from to pay my bills. I could do that already if I made just a little more in trading than I make now from my job - and that certainly is no where near 1M! I haven't even seen him for over 3 months because my job requires a lot of travel. Unfortunately, there isn't a job in my field of expertise in the town I live in or anywhere close to home.

OK, now I'm rambling - sorry. Back to you guys!

Reason: