Full Time Traders Trading at Home

I am interested in trading full-time on my own, and not work for some company. I hope some of you can share your experiences with my concerns or questions in this thread.

Do you use MT4 to trade live or just for demoing? I know some use MT4 for the signals, but then trade on their real platform. I had tried that, it does not work too well since I must always keep an eye on the charts especially if using an EA to control one's position, that is, multi-take profit levels.

I presume that your livelihood [your bread and butter] is the profits you make from your forex trading account, do you ever have any issues withdrawing from your account? With all these news I hear of people having issues getting their money, it makes me wary with whom I should have a full-time trading account with. If you do not mind, may I know who your broker is? Do you use more than one to trade forex?

Does the broker you use hunt for stops or do you not put it in? I got burned many times using SL, price will just move back to trigger the STOPs, and then move on its merry way to the intended direction.

You find the forex key.

NOT GREEDY. That's all.

For Etphonehome :

2 years i trade for myself, and that's great. LIBERTY LIBERTY

If you want to live from your forex and withdraw happily, time to think to left metatrader brokers.

You can look for dukascopy and interactivebrokers.

Happy hunting !

hi

you can beat the market if you find the secret behind , but the secret itself not lies on everyone else but on your self ...that's right the secret is you, as long as you can recognize the pattern that shows when it up or down , remember history repeat it self, the last important think is money management ....

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

brokers

I think that a lot of traders hide their inabilities behind the "bad broker" excuse.

I have accounts with Money Garden, GFT , MB, Oanda, FXDD, Tradency, Ameritrade. I put and withdraw money from these accounts and never had any troubles. Sure they hesitate and want to convince you when you want to close an account, but thats only human.

Concerning the "bad MT4" phantom: I use for the moment FXDD. They execute my orders correct. When the price moves when I send an order they send me a requote. I find that only normal. For me that's not a problem. I am not a scalper. If you have traded stocks before than you better understand that Forex is not a video game and that your broker is responsible for the counterpart of your trade. I have charts open from Oanda, WHC, Alpari UK and FXDD at the same time, on 3 wide screens. Prices are very similar. If your trading success depends on 1 pip difference, YOU have a problem. I am in contact with traders in other parts of the world and we compare prices. I can only tell you that thinking that a broker will change his price to hunt your stop (unless you are his only client trading with 100 lots ) is such a bull shit. And yes it can go wrong. Than you have to discuss with the broker. The auto trading introducing broker Tradency had a technical problem at a certain time. They accepted responsibility and paied me back. It was only 110 USD but they showed that they are a correct company.

Brokers are sure not all angels. Like we are not . But it is definitively not in their interest to fxxx the clients. If a broker has a bad reputation like FXCM for me has. We can always ignore them.

I always read of many using S/L in their trades, but since getting burned so many times using it, I am discouraged in using it. I know for a fact that my broker, MigFX, does hunt for stops since I have stared at the screens too long to see it happen right before my eyes. A broker may not hunt for it if its too far away, but my SL had ranged from 30 to 50 PIPs away, it could be retracement, but it does not seem like it. I would see price slowly crawl up to my SL to close the position, and then suddenly turn back around. Now would that seem like a coincidence? It would hit it exactly everytime, not a PIP over....

Mp -- Does This Trading Stuff Work ?

Does for me, and has been for a whole bunch of years.

You can trade well from 8AM - 12 NOON, and then place a "set it and forget it" trade to handle the NOON reversal while you leave your office and head down to the Maserati dealer to pick the color of your leather !

you can flip and scalp even better from the Euro open till that NOON time, understanding that you will have TWO REVERSALS to play with --- the first one coming off the EURO market when the US market opens, and the second being that nice NOON reversal, which actually starts taking place at 11:30 AM, EST. Be aware there is also a 12 MIDNITE reversal, during the Asian market and heading towards the Euro open, allowing you to set yet another trade, BUT ONE SHOULD BE VERY AWARE OF WHAT NEWS IS UPCOMING, for while that trade may get swept away by news, it will invariably return to trend also, but youll be sitting with a large drawdown for what could easily be a week or more, so BE AWARE OF UPCOMING NEWS IF YOU ENTER A MIDNITE TRADE !

ONE HINT --- do not search for a large reversal if the currency is in a FIRST DAY BREAKOUT MODE --- if you want to play a reversal on those days, stick with a 15 - 23 Fib move, and no more and even at that, its often far better to simply hold your original position !

Now i NEVER use a sl, especially overnite, as brokers WILL hunt them BUT more because Im a trend trader and if my long reverses for the normal intraday reversal, I know that a few hours down the road, its gonna reverse back to the long side, but meanwhile NOTHING is left dangling so that I have a loss. So many newbs lose money, SIMPLY because their sl got hit, they got dumped at a loss, and the currency went up to make new highs, leaving them beating their heads against the ground !

As an over 30 year vet of the equities markets, when I found forex I thought I had died and gotten a job as CEO of the NYSE ---- never had i seen ANY trading vehicle as relatively predictable, stable and easy to trade as the currency pairs, although that "ahaa" moment took a few years to arrive.

You want to trade at home, drive the Maserati, walk with the trophy wife, try to decide which of your 5 houses you shall go to this week in the company jet so you can relaxe for a few days because the easiest job in the world is getting boring ?

LEARN what forex is about, how it behaves, how it moves up and down in channels, how news can knock it off course, but it ALWAYS returns to trend ---- the information is SO SIMPLE and SO EASY TO FIND ---- JUST WATCH YOUR CHARTS AND SEE WHAT CURRENCIES DO and one day, the lightbulb will go on over your head, you will have that "ahaa" moment, and it will all be happiness and laughter from that point on !

Forex is HUGE --- there is a niche for every kind and style of trading, and none of them are wrong unless they lose money constantly --- so many "systems" and so many are just fine, for the most part although some return more pips than others. I personally use support and resistance as my "method", trading ALL timeframes at once, and constantly prove i can nail the tp point (before "they" reverse the direction) time after time because forex is nothing more than a SUPPORT AND RESISTANCE DRIVEN ANIMAL ! Learn how to identify these areas and forex becomes (unfortunately) boring !

THE MARKET will tell you whats happening --- just watch and listen and learn ! Its as close to "Zen" as you can get when you "know" where its going and are waiting there with your tp already set while the fair maiden comes closer and closer and closer and finally drops right into your bedroom !

enjoy and trade well

mp

Why oh why did I ever tell MP about Forex? LOL!!

TheRumpledOne:
Why oh why did I ever tell MP about Forex? LOL!!

==============================================

actually you told me about it years ago and i looked at it and decided it was much too much like watching paint dry.

later on, a sweet young blonde thing of the opposite sex mentioned my methods would work very well with forex, and over some pillow talk i began to think about it again.

so while YOU may have brought the words to my attention, WHAT got me to actually do forex was something YOU certainly couldnt supply (u aint blonde, for one !) and the rest is history !

LOL

enjoy

mp

Full Time Trader Trade anywhere

hi folks,

im also full time trader...

different it's..im doesn't like trade at home acctually...

it's to boring..i know u can feel that...

how's the full time trader trade at home...

for me..

sometimes im trade at kedai mamak...

sometimes im trade at shopping malls..

sometimes im trade at my gf office...

daily target only 50pips-100pips...

if the trend sideways..im away from market...

hehehe:D

Reason: