Requests & Ideas, the beginning - page 229

redwed:

Hello sir. Can you explain what is the formula behind the attached indicator. I tried searching for any information regarding it, but to no avail.

That is simply Kaufman AMA made to show slope (difference from current to first past bar)

See the comparison (on the main chart that is the Kaufman AMA)

Description of Kaufman AMA :

Developed by Perry Kaufman, Kaufman's Adaptive Moving Average (KAMA) is a moving average designed to account for market noise or volatility. KAMA will closely follow prices when the price swings are relatively small and the noise is low. KAMA will adjust when the price swings widen and follow prices from a greater distance. This trend-following indicator can be used to identify the overall trend, time turning points and filter price movements.

Calculation

There are several steps required to calculate Kaufman's Adaptive Moving Average. Let's first start with the settings recommended by Perry Kaufman, which are KAMA (10,2,30).

• 10 is the number of periods for the Efficiency Ratio (ER).
  • 2 is the number of periods for the fastest EMA constant.
  • 30 is the number of periods for the slowest EMA constant.

Before calculating KAMA, we need to calculate the Efficiency Ratio (ER) and the Smoothing Constant (SC). Breaking down the formula into bite size nuggets makes it easier to understand the methodology behind the indicator. Note that ABS stands for Absolute Value.

mladen:

That is simply Kaufman AMA made to show slope (difference from current to first past bar)

See the comparison (on the main chart that is the Kaufman AMA)

Description of Kaufman AMA :

Thank you for clearing that up!

Hello,

Where is the section on this forum with the EA's that were developed here - for some reason I can't find it - thanks in advance

Dear Mladen

Is there an average index graph similar to the Index

Unlike with some in the graph

Thank you dear sir

dear mladen,

level 6 does not seem to get displayed in this indi...could u correct it please 

pipmagnet:

Hello,

Where is the section on this forum with the EA's that were developed here - for some reason I can't find it - thanks in advance

Nevermind - quiet house - cup of tea, and some step by step searching and I found what i was looking for. Happy pippin' to all

Hello Mladen , do you have any ideas why barchart dosnt work now .
Ive tried more than the one that i have attached here , but every single one is just black .
Do you have a quick fix to make them work again ?

timmyhanke:
Ive tried more than the one that i have attached here , but every single one is just black .
it needs some other indicators along with as per my guess.

mntiwana:
it needs some other indicators along with as per my guess.

Nagh, it is the compatibility with the newest builds of metatrader 4

timmyhanke:

Here is a version that works OK

mladen:

Nagh, it is the compatibility with the newest builds of metatrader 4

Here is a version that works OK

thank you and have a great weekend ! :)
Reason: