THE BUY ZONE - TheRumpledOne - page 26

lonnie:
tro, thanks so much for the contributions. starting to get this set up. downloaded a demo from mb. when i went to metaquotes, i think the metatrader platform comes from fxdd. is this correct? i already have a desktop full of ibfx and fxpro demos and live accounts. is there any reason i should not use these to collect my signals? more questions certain to follow. thanks.

I use Download MetaTrader 4, MetaTrader 4 Mobile or MetaTrader 4 MultiTerminal for MT4 charting.

I use Online Stock Trading | MB Trading Direct Access Brokerage Firm to trade Forex.

With BuyZone, are you placing your limit orders at the start of the hour and the wait to let them trip, or do you keep a close eye on things and place the order right around the time you think the trigger will be set?

If you go long, do you sell with a market order, or is that limit too ?(or do you just set a profit target in the initial limit order based on the range at the time)

Thanks

Question on your Trendline indicator and many thanks

Hello TRO,

First, as other have mentioned, in my opinion also, what you do is fantastic. That they are is free is great, but I just love the thinking behind it all. I sit for hours staring at these charts, and as you said in another post, you start to notice patterns.

Some of your indicators have really helped spawn new ideas also, and if I may ask a question on the TRENDLINE indicator you posted that shows a trend line from the previous days pivot point to the current days and also one to wherever the price is at the moment from the opening of the current day......

I would love to do more research on this indicator, but for that to happen I need the ability to see the results of the previous days. So, I was wondering if a parameter could be added that a value number could be set that tells how many previous chart days to show the trend line. Or maybe something like this already exists?

Regards, Raghu

hi Kris ,

ive been trying to load your Opening Range Hour indicators with no success...im thinking maybe is it because you posted them as MQ4 files im not sure, so if you could kindly post them in EX4's , would really appreciate yours or anyone's assistance.

thanks !

Tokarus:
TheRumpledOne,

Very good discussion. I hope you don't mind me butting in, but based on your idea, I put together an indicator that draws an Opening Range of the first bar in an hour (gray lines).

Long/short entry trigger lines (green/red dotted lines) are above/below the Opening Range.

See attached picture and the code for the indicator.

Cheers, Kris

hi Kris ,

ive been trying to load your Opening Range Hour indicators with no success...im thinking maybe is it because you posted them as MQ4 files im not sure, so if you could kindly post them in EX4's , would really appreciate yours or anyone's assistance.

thanks !

Close MT4. Delete the mqlcache.dat file from the indicator file. Open MT4. It will take longer to open but when it does you should be able to use the indicator.

Reason: