THE BUY ZONE - TheRumpledOne - page 25

Increase the Box size...........

Thanks Avery, I have seen all the coding and realized that this is where changes need to be made. Hope someone can help.

Could anybody else assist us here, please?

Thanks in advance.

ValeoFX:
Thanks Avery, I have seen all the coding and realized that this is where changes need to be made. Hope someone can help.

Could anybody else assist us here, please?

Thanks in advance.

Perhaps if you post your question in the ASK! thread someone will see it and help.

If you define the "Box" as the HH & LL of the opening candle/bar, then use the variable "myTreshold" and change it to any number of pips you want, e.g. 10-pips above/below the opening range.

This will give you thin gray lines as the "opening range" and dashed green and red lines as your BOX.

To adjust the properties, place the indicator on the chart, then right-click on the indicator and select "Opening Range properties...". Go to Inputs tab and change myTreshold from 2 to e.g. 10 (pips).

I hope it helps.

Cheers, Kris

ValeoFX:
Please would you mind telling me how to increase the size of the "Box" in which the price is shown in your indicator called:

_Opening_Range_Hourly.mq4

Much appreciated.

Just posting the changes needed will be great thanks.

Best wishes.

No, I think he meant the box around the price labels of the lines.

TheRumpledOne:
No, I think he meant the box around the price labels of the lines.

Correct, I want to enlarge the numbers displayed inside the box that surrounds the price and therefore the BOX needs to be larger as well.

Mladen says it is an ARROW and NOT a box. Therefore he does NOT know how to change it.

My mistake,

John Carter (TradeTheMarkets.com) has a setup called "the Box"...

Problem solved....

Once again Kalenzo came up with the answer, within 5 minutes of me asking him and I should have know better. Much appreciate you, Kale.

This is what needs to be done: Line 147

ObjectSet(dName,OBJPROP_COLOR,dColor);

ObjectSet(dName,OBJPROP_WIDTH,3);// Kalenzo

}

All you do is to add the highlited coding below Line 147 and compile.

Best wishes.

ValeoFX:
Once again Kalenzo came up with the answer, within 5 minutes of me asking him and I should have know better. Much appreciate you, Kale.

This is what needs to be done: Line 147

ObjectSet(dName,OBJPROP_COLOR,dColor);

ObjectSet(dName,OBJPROP_WIDTH,3);// Kalenzo

}

All you do is to add the highlited coding below Line 147 and compile.

Best wishes.

Thanks for sharing.

tro, thanks so much for the contributions. starting to get this set up. downloaded a demo from mb. when i went to metaquotes, i think the metatrader platform comes from fxdd. is this correct? i already have a desktop full of ibfx and fxpro demos and live accounts. is there any reason i should not use these to collect my signals? more questions certain to follow. thanks.

Reason: