Martingale EA - page 118

hey kayvan..i am curious can you post the report tab?

Please make sure there is not any personal info on there.

ES

ElectricSavant:
GBP/JPY...

Can I see BOTH TABS

Expert

Journal

Post them separtley...if you must.

ES

here you are journal tab . but there is no expert tab on the chart.

Files:
journal.gif  48 kb

That's a tab in the Tester dialog.

The Terminal dialog tabs are called Experts and Journal (and Trade, Account History, News and Alerts).

Please Ralph HELP!

Can you guide/help kayvan..I am screwing this up!

I have never backtested once in my life... I am a forward tester!!

ES

ralph.ronnquist:
That's a tab in the Tester dialog. The Terminal dialog tabs are called Experts and Journal (and Trade, Account History, News and Alerts).

ElectricSavant:
Please Ralph HELP!

Can you guide/help kayvan..I am screwing this up!

I have never backtested once in my life... I am a forward tester!!

ES

Perhaps; the "operator experience" is not terribly different between back testing and forward testing, except that you certainly don't lose real money when back testing.

Also, the smiley face is irrelevant for back testing, and instead you set up the EA via the "expert properties" button, which brings up a control dialog to set the parameters for the back testing EA.

You are fine with that, Kayvan? You've set the back testing parameters through that dialog?

Hey!

Maybe FXOpen does not allow long and short at the same time ...like Oanda...no hedging...but you need subaccounts...no?

Gawd..I'm tired...Thanks for automation...I am spaghetti brain right now...

ES

Ralph,

The thing here Ralph is that he does not get any shorts...

Ralph, Please excuse me for interuppting...but all I could think of was a tab in his smiley face input dialog...no?

Then when he posted a screenshot, I did not see an expert tab..and being that I had no idea what a report tab was...well now here you are...

but this is not about me now...let's help kayvan...

I wanted to see the tabs for errors...thats all...cause FXOpen may not be filling him, eventhough there are 5 tries...no?

ES

I know...he ran out of money!!!! with 0.1 lotsize!!!!

ES

Hey!

I got 131 longs to 85 shorts according to the white text in the left corner of my Chart Pane! (0.05 is my lot size)

but still at a float of -$142.68 (this is heavy for a 1K account)...but the incremental float really moves with each uptik and at the same time more longs being put on...

go up..up..up... Guppy it will not be long now!!!...give me an exit!

ES

... sometimes a moment of silent reflection is warranted ;

I don't think running out of money applies, because lots of long where opened. Only 1 short was opened (early on).

What is the logic? for opening long after long and short after short? I mean the particular set up that Kayvan is using...

Please remember that I have only kept a cursory eye on the options development here, but maybe by trying to explain things to me, you guys will figure out why or how it misbehaves for Kayvan....

Reason: