Martingale EA - page 17

ElectricSavant:
All is working well thus far in the USD/JPY on an IBFX mini demo account...for the first time I have made it up to a progression of 0.26....floating minus 18 bucks...on a 1K account using 0.01/0.01/16 NT...Plenty of margin left and plenty of DD to tolerate.

Waiting for a 25 buck tp....

ES

Good to hear it's running smoothly so far. Have you received any Error messages in your trade log yet? I almost want an Error statement to show up so I know if that part of the code is working properly.

ElectricSavant:
wolfe,

When you get back tonight and read all of these posts, I have another request.

In the upper left it would be nice to have a total of lots net for Long and for Short...to see how all the lots add up. Thus on the fly it will be easy to see what net direction we are weighted in.

ES

P.S. also add the x-axis and the y-axis in the inputs for those that want to move the display to a different location on the chart.

Good suggestions, I like those ideas. I'll try to include them in the next version.

v1_4 already under way.

I cannot get any errors with v.1.3...sorry...(not really )

wolfe:
Good to hear it's running smoothly so far. Have you received any Error messages in your trade log yet? I almost want an Error statement to show up so I know if that part of the code is working properly.

ElectricSavant:
I cannot get any errors with v.1.3...sorry...(not really )

Well, that's good news I suppose! Not used to that!

I'm working on some of the changes you suggested. Plus, I know some want a MM option. Also working to make it able to run properly if attached to more than 1 currency.

Also considering a possible RSI option. Then it would not be a "ALWAYS IN" EA as it is with the moving average, but would wait for the right RSI level. What do you think of that idea? Might help keep us away from flat or ranging markets that jack our orders count too high.

Curious if you have tried the Use_Manual_Entry option yet?

Let's hope the no error trend continues.

It seems to me the initial entry does not really matter with this method as the EA is designed to "find it's way"...

For me the improvements and time spent on discovering them, come down to pip spacing....

But just my opinion....

ES

wolfe:
Well, that's good news I suppose! Not used to that!

I'm working on some of the changes you suggested. Plus, I know some want a MM option. Also working to make it able to run properly if attached to more than 1 currency.

Also considering a possible RSI option. Then it would not be a "ALWAYS IN" EA as it is with the moving average, but would wait for the right RSI level. What do you think of that idea? Might help keep us away from flat or ranging markets that jack our orders count too high.

Curious if you have tried the Use_Manual_Entry option yet?

Let's hope the no error trend continues.

ElectricSavant:
It seems to me the initial entry does not really matter with this method as the EA is designed to "find it's way"...

For me the improvements and time spent on discovering them, come down to pip spacing....

But just my opinion....

ES

You probably have a point there.

Manual_Entry?

Decimal Places of Upper Left Display

ElectricSavant:
wolfe,

When you get back tonight and read all of these posts, I have another request.

In the upper left it would be nice to have a total of lots net for Long and for Short...to see how all the lots add up. Thus on the fly it will be easy to see what net direction we are weighted in.

ES

P.S. also add the x-axis and the y-axis in the inputs for those that want to move the display to a different location on the chart.

Hi Wolfe,

I am testing along with LCFX.

In addition to ES' comments above, please note that the readout only displays 1 decimal place for both Open Profit and Closed Profit.

When you are looking at that portion of the code, can you consider making the readout display go to two decimal places?

Believe me wolfe...if i had the answer I would post it here...

ES

wolfe:
You probably have a point there. Manual_Entry?

lcfxtrader:
Wolfe,

It looks like the last trade progression for the EUR/USD is incorrect. Please see pic and advise. Thanks for the updated EA.

LCFX

I know why now.

Having v1_3 attached to more than 1 chart won't work because the Global Variables from each chart were over-writing each other. v1_4, currently being worked on, will fix this problem. It will also automatically assign separate magic numbers depending on which currency you are attached to. (so you won't have to remember to assign separate magic numbers yourself)

You guys have really been testing my coding abilities here. That's O.K. it's helped me learn a lot.

You guys have really been testing my coding abilities here. That's O.K. it's helped me learn a lot.

Charge on Wolfe!! You are doing a great job and I positive that all the members testing this EA feel the same way.

Reason: