Martingale EA - page 12

wolfe:
Thanks for testing and sharing your results. At least it looks like you made some profit. Have you had any execution problems like the others??

Had some problems on one platform, but from all indications the platform itself may be hinky.

A few trades would execute, and then stop.

Other platfrom seems okay, although it does look like it stopped making trades at the big drop in the 15M Euro at on 1/16 at 16:45.

Once I get the other problems under control I'll add MM option. The way this EA operates I assume the MM you envision would base lot size of the first trade in the cycle on account balance?

Yes.

wnw,

what is .01 equal to on the tp...is that one penny...for some reason I am confused. You must be trading 20 bucks no?

ES

ElectricSavant:
wnw,

what is .01 equal to on the tp...is that one penny...for some reason I am confused. You must be trading 20 bucks no?

ES

1 percent of account balance.

Something does seem amiss here.. trades have stopped as of 16th with only 4 trades open.

Files:
tfx_3.gif  69 kb

So the consensus trading our EA is to not increase the lot size for each next trade and keep the profit target small and repeat with the anticipation of eventually increasing the lot size when the account grows?

Thanks omelette for the revision. Do we need the include file with the EA? Can you explain this for the folks with thick skulls (namely me)?

Also, I was curious as to how 'martingaling' Buys and Sells independently would work (the original continues the doubling sequence on both Buys and Sells) so I played with that too.

As you probably know the EA has the option to enter a value for the next trade lot size. My original thought was to start with .1 lot with an increase of .01 (next trade) until my TP% was reached. Would like to hear you thoughts if different.

lcfxtrader:
Thanks omelette for the revision. Do we need the include file with the EA? Can you explain this for the folks with thick skulls (namely me)?

Absolutely. Wolfe has all the trading functions in the 'include' file.

As you probably know the EA has the option to enter a value for the next trade lot size. My original thought was to start with .1 lot with an increase of .01 (next trade) until my TP% was reached. Would like to hear you thoughts if different.

I realised that when the 'Double' function was on, that if the first trade was a Buy@0.1 lots, and the next a Sell, this would be opened @ 0.2 lots - I wanted to see how it worked out if you keep the Buy and Sell sizing idependent - all Buys 0.1, 0.2,0.4 etc. Same for Sells. I haven't played with any other lot-sizing strategies yet...

omelette:
I figured out what this EA was doing last night, so I added a few lines to it to hopefully make it more 'robust'. Also, I was curious as to how 'martingaling' Buys and Sells independently would work (the original continues the doubling sequence on both Buys and Sells) so I played with that too. Only the 'main' EA code is altered - so everything is still basically the same...

Thanks for the code revisions Omelette! I knew we needed global variable sets, but wasn't sure how to go about it yet. That was something I haven't experienced coding yet. Now I just have to try and learn from your example. I assume that now, if the EA is switched off, or if power is lost, that when the EA resumes that it will pick up where it left off?

I also love the additional Comment() info that you have included.

Thanks again for the help!

What if I do not want to double, but instead use 0.01 increments...can I still do that?

or...

Could I get a version like that?

ES

Omelette,

I have a question about part of your code revision:

In the following code should the second GlobalVariableCheck be !GlobalVariableCheck("TFX_v1.2_LastSellTicket")?

if (OTBM(Magic_Number) == 0 || !GlobalVariableCheck("TFX_v1.2_LastBuyTicket")

|| !GlobalVariableCheck("TFX_v1.2_LastBuyTicket")|| !GlobalVariableCheck("TFX_v1.2_CurrentTicket")) {

GlobalVariableSet("TFX_v1.2_LastBuyTicket",0);

GlobalVariableSet("TFX_v1.2_LastSellTicket",0);

GlobalVariableSet("TFX_v1.2_CurrentTicket",0); }

else { LastBuyTicket = GlobalVariableGet("TFX_v1.2_LastBuyTicket");

LastSellTicket = GlobalVariableGet("TFX_v1.2_LastSellTicket");

Ticket = GlobalVariableGet("TFX_v1.2_CurrentTicket"); }

Thanks again for the great help.

Reason: