Looking for Parabolic SAR EA default settings

I'm looking for someone to build an EA based on the default settings of Parabolic SAR. Use it on the 4 hr. or daily time frame. When the dot appears it will close previous trade and open a new one in the new direction and run until the next change when dot appears. It'sll stay open until the next dot appears in new direction then close previous trade and open new trade in new direction. From direction to direction , dot to new direction dot. It shouldn't be too difficult to build and the trades would be easy money especially on trendy pairs like GBP/JPY, GBP/USD and EUR/JPY. Or is there already one built like this? If so , where can I find it? Thanks, Fxsterling

fxsterling:
I'm looking for someone to build an EA based on the default settings of Parabolic SAR. Use it on the 4 hr. or daily time frame. When the dot appears it will close previous trade and open a new one in the new direction and run until the next change when dot appears. It'sll stay open until the next dot appears in new direction then close previous trade and open new trade in new direction. From direction to direction , dot to new direction dot. It shouldn't be too difficult to build and the trades would be easy money especially on trendy pairs like GBP/JPY, GBP/USD and EUR/JPY. Or is there already one built like this? If so , where can I find it? Thanks, Fxsterling

This might be something you can use or modify

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177777

Hi Fire Dave,

I have an idea if you can build an EA with the default parameters of parabolic sar. It would work where it would open a trade at the beginning of a new direction right at the dot. The trade would continue until a change of direction with a dot appearing in the opposite direction. Then it would close the trade and immediately open a new trade in the new direction and keep continiung this way. I've back tested this on the 4 hr and daily charts and parabolic sar works great on these time frames. GBP/JPY, CAD/JPY and EUR/JPY work extremely well but any pair would be o.k. yes there are some losing trades but the winners are generally much bigger and you can make continuous profits. It doesn't seem to difficult to build and I think it would have mass appeal. Using parabolic sar to open a trade at the beginning of a candle where the dot has just appeared and continue until a change of direction with a dot in the opposite direction , immediately close previous trade and open a new trade in the new direction. I have your universal MA EA but as you know moving averages indicator constantly changes where as parabolic sar does not repaint and once the signal is there it stays constant. What do you think? This would make alot of money trading! Let me know. Thanks, Ron

I believe cja would not build EA. I doubt it.

fxsterling:

Spent a few minutes to modified the MACD Sample.MQ4, and now named it SAR Sample.MQ4. Change the TakeProfit to rediculous figure and place TrailingStop=0 will do. Shift=1 means wait until the 1st dot is place, trade on the second dot. If you wanted it to trade on the spot when the dot is placed on the other side, just change Shift=0 will do. Good luck.

Regards

David

Files:

fxsterling:
Hi Fire Dave, I have an idea if you can build an EA with the default parameters of parabolic sar. It would work where it would open a trade at the beginning of a new direction right at the dot. The trade would continue until a change of direction with a dot appearing in the opposite direction. Then it would close the trade and immediately open a new trade in the new direction and keep continiung this way. I've back tested this on the 4 hr and daily charts and parabolic sar works great on these time frames. GBP/JPY, CAD/JPY and EUR/JPY work extremely well but any pair would be o.k. yes there are some losing trades but the winners are generally much bigger and you can make continuous profits. It doesn't seem to difficult to build and I think it would have mass appeal. Using parabolic sar to open a trade at the beginning of a candle where the dot has just appeared and continue until a change of direction with a dot in the opposite direction , immediately close previous trade and open a new trade in the new direction. I have your universal MA EA but as you know moving averages indicator constantly changes where as parabolic sar does not repaint and once the signal is there it stays constant. What do you think? This would make alot of money trading! Let me know. Thanks, Ron

I built one similar to this in MQL about 5 years ago, but a bit more sophisticated. It used a combination of fast and slow PSARs. Let me tell you flat out from my experience...if you want to lose all of your money, try this! I lost almost $8500.00 in a couple of months, although it started out profitable. It turned against me. It would do the same for you. The losses are much more frequent and deeper than the impression you get staring at the charts. And believe me, I stared at them for hours every day, months on end, trying to get this to work. It just plain won't!

I don't use parabolic SAR for anything anymore. All indicators are late, but this one is worse than many that are now available.

jimven, you used several different parabolic sar indicators? How come trades were consistent for you for so long then lost? Hasn't it always been a lagging indicator just like MACD, I thought that was to be used to an advantage and not a disadvantage.

Did you not bother to use any other indicator other than the parabolic sar?

I would not use any one indicator by itself unless it was trading only in one direction, on non US pair using a safe exit.

EA Code

NY168:
I believe cja would not build EA. I doubt it.

Thanks for reminding me about something i have been meaning to post for a while.

It is not a case of WOULD NOT it is more a case of COULD NOT, the code for an EA is quite different to the code for indicators, i have only learned how to code indicators not EA's, i have only been coding since i joined this forum in April 2006 - 18 months ago, i am not a coding GURU who can do everything just a simple trader who has learned some basic programming nothing more. I help where i can with my limited knowledge and hope that some of my indicators have been of some use to others, Most people are very polite if you can not help them but like any public arena you always get those few who take offence. Please understand that me and others much better than me give our time freely and as such reserve the right to help as and when we feel able but are under no obligation to do so.

In the time i have been part of this forum i have seen a couple of very good programmers get so frustrated that they no longer post anything because of the frustration that they have experienced through dealing with some people,

The end result i suspect is that the forums never get to see the really good stuff and any programmers of any substance end up not posting at all.

Best regards cja

Sar

Please in wich frame will work good

FseXy:
jimven, you used several different parabolic sar indicators? How come trades were consistent for you for so long then lost? Hasn't it always been a lagging indicator just like MACD, I thought that was to be used to an advantage and not a disadvantage.

Did you not bother to use any other indicator other than the parabolic sar?

I would not use any one indicator by itself unless it was trading only in one direction, on non US pair using a safe exit.

It's very simple...for long, slow trending, PSAR's work very well. I tuned my program to work that way. But the losses mounted up on the short, quick turnarounds and the ranging that inevitably takes place. Now you can compensate by using a faster-acting SAR, but it won't help. This is because now it is ineffective on the longer trends and also on the even shorter ones. Basically, the PSAR has a rather limited usefulness within a certain frequency of reversals. I tried to be more flexible with two of them, a fast one and a slow one, but still, couldn't do it, though I tried for probably a year. So, for a period, the EA you have tuned to the current price pattern may work, but eventually, it will result in too many losses.

As for other indicators... yes I experimented in depth with a large number of indicators to help make the correct entry, such as ADX, RSI, CCI, MACD, Force, Momentum, ATR, etc. etc. and combinations of them. It didn't help. Sorry...

cja:
Thanks for reminding me about something i have been meaning to post for a while.

It is not a case of WOULD NOT it is more a case of COULD NOT, the code for an EA is quite different to the code for indicators, i have only learned how to code indicators not EA's, i have only been coding since i joined this forum in April 2006 - 18 months ago, i am not a coding GURU who can do everything just a simple trader who has learned some basic programming nothing more. I help where i can with my limited knowledge and hope that some of my indicators have been of some use to others, Most people are very polite if you can not help them but like any public arena you always get those few who take offence. Please understand that me and others much better than me give our time freely and as such reserve the right to help as and when we feel able but are under no obligation to do so.

In the time i have been part of this forum i have seen a couple of very good programmers get so frustrated that they no longer post anything because of the frustration that they have experienced through dealing with some people,

The end result i suspect is that the forums never get to see the really good stuff and any programmers of any substance end up not posting at all.

Best regards cja

I apologized.......just sick of them get so frustrated and so am I.

Take care!

Reason: