Electra EA ** Released to Elite Members ** - page 11

My first trade on Electra.

Is this correct? All timeframes are uptrend and yet electra opened a sell position??

Another thing........the EA opened a 0.19 lot instead of 1.0lot as I attach EA with default settings. Why??

TQ

Files:
trade_1.gif  29 kb

I started to test this EA with Alpari UK broker.

5,000 demo deposit.

Default settings.

19 pairs.

I will report about results.

newdigital:

5,000 demo deposit.

Default settings.

19 pairs.

hi ND,

glad to see that u will report this ea result...that's mean u concern about this ea too...:) this is a very good ea...but too long to wait when this ea close a floating position...

newdigital:

5,000 demo deposit.

Default settings.

19 pairs.

ND and Project1972,

I also testing it in Alpari-UK with 100, 200, 1000, 2000, 5000, 10,000, 50k, and 100K deposit. All come out with a msg that mentioned as the following: "Insufficient money to safety trade this pair !!!" except the 100K.

I hope to see your 5k deposit result and tell me how you can run that 5k deposit using that EA. For me, I would prefer the EA to work on various value of deposit. Then, it will helps. Otherwise, it is good for demo test ONLY.

Pls help to solve this problem.

Regards,

Thus, MinLots*4 for IBFX = 0.04.

MinLots*4 for Alpari UK = 0.04.

EA is taking this information from the broker.

Well.

What is Lots?

Because we have the following:

if (Lots<MinLots*4){TStatus="Insufficient money to safety trade this pair !!!";}[/CODE]

If UseAutomaticMM = true in the settings of EA (it is default one):

[CODE]Lots=NormalizeDouble(((Equity*Risk)/100)/(RAvg*PipValue),LotDigit);

Equity = 10,000 (for example).

Risk = 0.5 (in the settings of the EA).

RAvg=DinamicRangeCalculation();

PipValue=MarketInfo(Symbol(),16), where 16 - Tick value in the deposit currency.

We are having RAvg and PipValue on the chart:

Thus, if we are using automatic MM (UseAutomaticMM=true) so we are having the following:

Lots = ((10,000 * 0.5)/100 ) / (197 * 8.955) = 50 / 1,764.134 = 0.028 or about 0.03.

So, EA is calculating this Lots automaticalle if we are using automatic MM (if UseAutomaticMM=true). And in our case this Lots value is depends on our equity and 20 days Average Daily Range.

It means the following: pairs with very high volatility during the past 20 days will be trades with less los size. It is how EA is protecting our deposit from big risk.

Lots is the following on the chart. We can see it:

Files:
electa.jpg  73 kb
electa1.jpg  46 kb

So, how to understand it if you are not a coder?

It is very simple.

If UseAutomaticMM=true in the settings so EA is calculating lot size automatically.

If Lots (we can see this desirable lot size written on the chart) is below 0.04 so we will get this message:

"Insufficient money to safety trade this pair !!!"

So, what to do?

- wait. Tomorrow may be the other desirable lot size for this pair. because it is calculated using 20 days Average Daily Range. Because Lots = desirable lot size for today for this pair.

or

- use more highier deposit size.

or

- or increase the Risk value in the settings.

or

- Switch UseAutomaticMM to false in the settings. In this case Lots (desirable lot size for today for this pair) = Lot value in the settings of EA. So, we can use UseAutomaticMM = false

and Lot > 0.04 in the settings.

For example:

- I can use UseAutomaticMM to false in the settings and

and Lot = 0.05 in the settings. In this case maximum lot size will be 0.05 always.

or

- I can increase the Risk from 0.5 to 1.0.

But please note: if we are increasing the risk or switching MM to be off so we personally responsibe for the risk.

If we use UseAutomaticMM = true so EA is protecting our deposit from risky trades.

In my 10,000 demo deposit for Alpari UK broker I will use UseAutomaticMM = true and Risk = 0.8.

In this case, for example:

- EURCHF pair had low volatility during the 20 days: 20 days average day range is 78 pips only. And desirable lot size for today = 0.12. Tomorrow it can be changed. But for today: 0.12. We can see it from the chart:

- GBPJPY pair had high volatility during the 20 days. And desirable lot size for today = 0.04. Tomorrow it can be changed. But for today: 0.04. We can see it from the chart:

But if 0.03? If 0.03 so we will get the message: "Insufficient money to safety trade this pair !!!"

It is how this EA is protecting our deposit from very risky trades.

That's all that I understood from the code.

We can use this EA with reasonable deposit size. Just see my posts above.

Files:
electa2.jpg  36 kb
electa3.jpg  40 kb

And I want to say something about the leverage. We can select leverage for IBFX as 1:200. But as i know the maximum leverage for Alpari UK mini is 1:100. So, we should know the leverage is we are trading all 19 pairs using this EA and if we are increasing the risk to rade with smaller depopsit size (if we don't want to have margin call).

Or use UseAutomaticMM= false for example and estimate the maximum possible lot size for every pair by yourself.

hi newdigital. need some help here. my broker allow minimum lot at 0.1 (1pip=$1), and i have an equity of $5000(5lot). if i enable 19 pairs, each pair having 0.1lot (total 1.9lot), what setting to use? disable MM.... and?....

i know its very high risk..... super high actually... ...

just want to play with this EA on my micro account....

Files:
eurusd_3.jpg  187 kb
Reason: