All forward testing on Metatrader is flawed - page 6

Charts

OceanFx:
Cid

Don't take this as a personal attack because it's not. However, you seem to start so many threads on an insurmountable list of topics jumping from one system to another, I have lost count.

Look, we KNOW the data on charts is not perfect, youre telling us no grand revelation here at all but you come with a big discontented statement and then don't really provide what the relevance or solution is.

We KNOW (anybody with sense that is!) that people like Steinitz are scammers/liars and only posting 'phantom' banked profits whilst carrying huge drawdowns, hence those systems are useless. Those EA's are inoperable though due to immensely lagging indicators and totally unimaginative design and not because of market foibles.

The fact is there ARE hundreds of successful EA's out there but you certainly won't see them here posted free or for $100.00. There IS a difference between backtesting and live forward testing and although there will be small entry discrepencies between demo/live and alternate brokers due to 1) Volume and 2) Liquidity provider feeds to each particular broker, the fact remains - A GOOD EA WILL NOT BE BROKEN BY A FEW ERRANT CANDLES NO MATTER WHAT TF (OR MTF).

Look at the big picture before making panicked, uneducated and sweeping statements that have very little relevance to those whom are successful.

OceanFx

El Cid good fellow,

I will add to my previous post saying once again that intensive trader experience and 'shopping around' before chosing broker can save much angst.

It's no wonder North Finance have holes throughout their tick data which is going to lead to many upper TF candles appearing quite scrawny. North Finance are a bucket shop type operation and do not have the sufficient liquidity providers or healthy clientele numbers to push through many trades per M1 candle which produces a nice flowing chart.

A 'peppered' chart with chicken scratching dashes does not mean there is broker interference but rather you should be searching for a new broker with higher volumes.

FXDD is an example where they hold in stable one of the largest group of 1st tier liquidity providers, meaning that your trades will be pushed through expediently with minimal fuss.

Smaller brokers offer reduced spreads and all sorts of other rubbish in order to lure clients but in the end these poor souls pay dearly in slippage because the broker does not have the liquidity to funnel vast lot numbers in fast moving markets.

Finally, I have attached two charts (M15) one from a FXDD demo and the other a FXDD live feed account of mine.

If you glean each chart, virtually all candles are identical barring the odd height of candle body. The imperative thing is that, under no circumstance were the highs and lows of wicks ever in doubt by even 1 pip!

If you disected this chart right down to M1, the overlay was incredibly close to identical with each candle matching the other in height.

Once again, chose your broker carefully and you will be OK.

OceanFx

jjk2:
you can argue and argue, but some skulls are too thick. dont bother trying to convince these knobs.

as far as im concerned, mbtrading feed with ninjatrader or quotetracker may be more accurate.

people, metatrader is FREE for a reason! do you know why ?

Why?

I am too thick to understand

Explain\\

Reason: