Share your BEST entry (and exit) decision! - page 3

jonnydenver69:
Here, i found this EA....try it..

Man!!!!

I have made 200 pips just today off of this wonderful EA!!!!!

thank you jonnydenver for all of your help!!!!

oh ah just a little bit, just a little more,

pikachucom:
Man!!!!

Well i made some wonderful toast.............ummmmmmmm

jonnydenver69:
Well i made some wonderful toast.............ummmmmmmm

dont forget the jelly!!!!

italian jelly that is!

Yes

pikachucom:
dont forget the jelly!!!! italian jelly that is!

I can identify the entries very nicely thank you..........to some very big moves........

try this EA

Files:
edison5.jpg  5 kb

pikachucom:
Man!!!!

i couldnt find the EA mentioned by JD69. where can i have it..?

Share your BEST entry (and exit) decision!

If I need to know the exact time, the current Open and Close prices in my EA, but before I have entered a trade using OrderSend(),

how can I have this provided to my program in my EA? What is the code for that?

I need the full time, and the Open and Close prices for that particular time.

Can anyone provide me the code for this or an example?

Thank you.

Share your BEST entry (and exit) decision!

Trading is all about matching the right entry with the right exit, some of the trading strategies failed because they lack one of trading components (entry or exit).

Recently they have been massive developments of EAs, programmers struggled to find the best entry and exit to produce a profitable EA.

Maybe in this thread we can produce a list to summarize most of the entry and exit rules, and then come up with a sheet to list them all and use that sheet to swap between trading strategies.

This should give more creative options to developing EAs.

aXXo,

Sounds like a great idea. You ask the age old question, when to enter and when to exit. I believe the key is more the exit, and how to "manage" a trade gone bad, rather than taking a beating with continual stop losses. What are your ideas?

wolfe:
aXXo, Sounds like a great idea. You ask the age old question, when to enter and when to exit. I believe the key is more the exit, and how to "manage" a trade gone bad, rather than taking a beating with continual stop losses. What are your ideas?

I agree most of us are having problems with exit more than the entry, not only on bad trades but also on profitable trades, too soon or too late that’s the problem.

I am having less problems trading at higher times, I use the 4H chart for entry and exit while using the daily, weekly and monthly charts to decide the trade direction.

Some of the exit points and entry points I use is my trades, are Fibonacci Levels to find possible turning points, my favorite level is 61.8 , monthly and weekly support and resistance to find my targets. Divergence on Daily and weekly charts for entry, I use RSI to confirm the entry and MACD to confirm the trend direction.

I would suggest to enter the trade using small time frames and decide the exit rules from the higher time frames

Reason: