Share your BEST entry (and exit) decision! - page 5

My best indicator is support and resistance in different Time Frame (daily,hrly), I do not have any special indicators for trading. Just support and Resistance together with my naked eyes..

Not bad

MiniMe:
Show us your best entry, I will start with one of mine

Not bad Minime. Obviously some type of breakout system and a little late for my liking but still a nice run out of it for sure.

Gotta be happy

pilot

Minime, was that on a live account? That could have made some money for you! Good trade, my best was half that, at best!

Stop looking...it's all here folks

wolfe:
Hello all!

Since we are ALL here trying to develop a profitable system, I wonder if you would like to share your best entry, and best exit decisions that you have come up with? Do you use trend or counter trend systems? Do you like to use technical or fundamental analysis? Do you like stop losses? At what point do you decide to take a profit? What TF works best for you? How about MTF indicators?

Of course we all have different trading styles. Long term, short term, scalping, tolerated draw down, and level of risk. But we ALL have the same goal, to make money! Any system that makes a better return than an interest bearing savings account or a high yield CD! (Any system that yields less than 5% is not worth our time.)

I know all of us that have been at this for some time can create a list of what NOT to do. I would like this to be a place to collect ideas from experience. Share what you have found doesn't work, but more importantly share ideas you have had success with.

Thanks for sharing! We're ALL after the same goal.

Stop looking, stop jumping from forum to forum, buying those crappy EA's/Indicators that promise soooo much on the internet! The answer is right in front of your eyes and unfortunately most of you won't want to hear what that is.

Hard work, education, long term experience, application of money management and discipline over your fear and greed.

It only takes a miniscule 20 pips a day to make 2% on your account and yet people over-trade wanting those 'instant millions' which lead to loss after loss. Just the other day MrMarketz started a thread called "Day Trading" which I KNOW and back him up on is long term consistently profitable.

NO...there is no EA or magic indicator and it will mean some work therefore forget the idea of lazily slumming it on a beach while a EA you never worked for makes fistfuls of $. However it will 'easily' provide you that 20 pips a day.

The BEST systems cannot be automated and still require human intervention. I'm not sure where all the 'work ethic' went in the last 20 years but it makes me puke at the amount of people who havent done a day of it in their life. This is a tough market but you can master it provided you pull up your socks, start the apprenticeship proper and dig in.

Pilot

skypilotfx:
Not bad Minime. Obviously some type of breakout system and a little late for my liking but still a nice run out of it for sure.

Gotta be happy

pilot

the entry is based on some ideas " breakout + momentum + MA crossing ", I am testing now for an early entry

the traget was 200 " same as the channel lenght"

the rest is luck

I remember it was the channel indicator which can be backtested. I mean ... the old channel lines are not deleted ...

Could not find it now.

It is be on the following threads:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177660

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172920

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173261

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172904

I remember the name of indicator was hourly channel or simple like that. And it was the request of one member and some coder (do not remember who sorry) coded it.

It was good indicator which was not deleted old channels so we are always seeing 2 or 3 channels: 1 is channel (trend/support/resistance lines) for now and 1 or 2 channels which were in past so we can backtest the whole situation especially on H4 timeframe.

Could not find it sorry. It is on our forum exactly. If someone will find so please post.

Hi ND , the channel indicators may cause a problem to anyone who wants to develop an expert, the reason the name of the channel change with time.

some members were so kind to modify those indicators so they don't change the name, most of those indiators are found on trendmeleaveme expert, those are the one I am using

but I didn't know about a channel indicator that keeps the old channel on the chart, that would be something nice to have, if someone have it please post it

I don't think that you used BrainTrading system M30 timeframe but just in case:

Files:

MiniMe:
Hi ND , the channel indicators may cause a problem to anyone who wants to develop an expert, the reason the name of the channel change with time.

some members were so kind to modify those indicators so they don't change the name, most of those indiators are found on trendmeleaveme expert, those are the one I am using

but I didn't know about a channel indicator that keeps the old channel on the chart, that would be something nice to have, if someone have it please post it

No, it was public created by somone.

Could not find sorry.

here is one way to capture big moves off the daily.

TradingMarkets | Improved R2 Strategy

Warning: Filter with at least one additional major filter.

good luck.

Reason: