How man of you are actually profitable ?

with all these indicators, EAs....how many people actually manage to trade live and make money? after all this is all that matters isn't it ?

Nope not even close. I don't have an EA or indicator to blame it on either, just plain lack of ability.

Manual no problem. Am making a living out of it. Fancy indicator? Ofcourse, if it happens to have something like Dan ask for, put a wallpaper behind all the candlesticks, I dont see why not. Will definitely hang Pam Anderson's boobs as my background OK. Thats slightly out of topic. I think the most important is efficient, non lag, no repaint, low memory consumption, and finally is the trader will need to lay down a set of rules, that can follow strictly, or the indicator is just another decoration.

EA...bite me few times. 2006 Thanks Giving, 2007 February carry trade unwind, June rate hike, August Subprime. My accounts are full of scar now due to these little crittens. But I'm hang in there. I belive there is a way, a method that is ROBOT tradeable. Still trying...

Regards

David

Files:
500.gif  6 kb
500.htm  53 kb

davidke20:
Manual no problem. Am making a living out of it. Fancy indicator? Ofcourse, if it happens to have something like Dan ask for, put a wallpaper behind all the candlesticks, I dont see why not. Will definitely hang Pam Anderson's boobs as my background OK. Thats slightly out of topic. I think the most important is efficient, non lag, no repaint, low memory consumption, and finally is the trader will need to lay down a set of rules, that can follow strictly, or the indicator is just another decoration.

EA...bite me few times. 2006 Thanks Giving, 2007 February carry trade unwind, June rate hike, August Subprime. My accounts are full of scar now due to these little crittens. But I'm hang in there. I belive there is a way, a method that is ROBOT tradeable. Still trying...

Regards

David

hehe. hope i can trade myself into a bnr34 soon.

The New Math

I take the fifth amendment to protect myself....

Manual and watching news

Manual sees to work best for me - and following the trends. I unfortunately have not found a way to make a living of it - just see it as a hobby now. Find that reading the news helps and placing bets before news times.

Hey All,

After years of blowing accounts I now make money both ways. Its more about your ability to find something that works & stick to it. There will be times when your system just wont work. That dosnt mean its broken, just means you have to weather the storm. NO ONES SYSTEM IS 100%. NOT EVER.

Bear-

hi

bigbear3391:
Hey All,

After years of blowing accounts I now make money both ways. Its more about your ability to find something that works & stick to it. There will be times when your system just wont work. That dosnt mean its broken, just means you have to weather the storm. NO ONES SYSTEM IS 100%. NOT EVER.

Bear-

That's right...if we have proven and profitable system just stick to it whatever happen .....:)

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

hi

hi,everybody

in the last few weeks i followed some peoples' system and got trip up time to time, i am still working and have little time to trade professionally,so i think in this field of forex,it's better people who working treat forex investment just a spare interesting and follow your own system which can lose less,and get some surprise when you make money from it.

There are profitable EA's (my money manager uses some).

But I doubt if you find any on this forum.

At least I never found one.

from the looks of the poll it appears evenly matched. i must admit there is no perfect indicator/signal, but i find that forex-tsd have provided me with more than enough to research and use.

im just gonna list the ones that i think are pretty cool at the moment it may or may not help you but its certainly helped me.

xpMA, heiken ashi(ones by raf), VQ(by raf), labtrends (by igor), braintrend, prosource (aka envolppes), mba thesis thing, MACD, volatility pivot.

Reason: