OddevenEA : Based on pure probability :) and luck.... - page 9

Folks I have a question ....

Would a GEC (Global Equity Close) be a valuable input here? Again this would not remove any randomness other than cutting the RSI betsize short.

I battle with asking David for this because it may not be used. I do not know if I would use it at all. But one could set it to 10% of the balance and it could exit everything when the float reached that. The thing is we have stops and the "Getting There" might give us much more than a 10% loss. I am experiencing 10% deviations from the balance on average in the floatthus far as each trade has a stop...now do not confuse this with peak to value on the balance.

This is an honest question to the thread readers as I really do not know...plus we must prove that this is a profitable method first!

ES

Well I assume you folks are logging in and observing...

I must admit the gambler in me likes the all pair version...there is always something going on there...(plus my rebates would be awesome from IBFX if live)

For those of you not watching...

both accounts are down at the time of this posting...(but interestingly they are surviving and always ebb and flow back to their initial funding, slightly getting better with each dip...there is a lot of trading with this gambler and float extremes seem to be 10% but the peak to valley needs to be watched ver a longer term)

ES

The next test will be the latest version on a 2K IBFX Demo:

All pair RSI plus notrade zone no shit'-shift and MM with decrease factor

ElectricSavant:
David,

V0.06 is entering in the "no trade zone". Is there a way you can forego an entry when the RSI is between the user BuyZone & SellZone inputs? ...for example...55 and 45? It can keep re-checking and that instance that it finds the zone it can evaluate the entry direction and the betsize according to the method.

I think that it evaluates betsize correctly...but again the betsize is also dependent on the zone, MM & decrease factor that the user sets TOGETHER with making an entry AT ALL.

ES

P.S. I will post a login to the forward test as planned as soon as I get the reply from David Folks...

Well, according to the code, it shouldn't open any trade between 45 ~ 55. The thing is, what is the detail you wanted me to program it. eg. If there is opened orders, close them when RSI back into no trade zone? Only take a trade when RSI crossed out from no trade zone? Let me know.

Regards

David

The no trade zone should not apply to exits...only entries

This is the way it should work...but I do not think it is working....

Scenario#1

A TP exits...shift=0, rsi=46...no new entry. rsi later reaches 56 at 06:57 ..enter long do double betsize (if RSI was at 44...then it would normal betsize). If the time was even then vice versa.

Scenario#2

A TP exits at 06:53 shift=0 rsi=56...enter long with double betsize

Scenario#3

A SL exits at 06:54...shift=0 rsi= 72 enter short no doubling

ES

davidke20:
Well, according to the code, it shouldn't open any trade between 45 ~ 55. The thing is, what is the detail you wanted me to program it. eg. If there is opened orders, close them when RSI back into no trade zone? Only take a trade when RSI crossed out from no trade zone? Let me know.

Regards

David

ElectricSavant:
This is the way it should work...but I do not think it is working....

Scenario#1

A TP exits...shift=0, rsi=46...no new entry. rsi later reaches 56 at 06:57 ..enter long do double betsize (if RSI was at 44...then it would normal betsize). If the time was even then vice versa.

Scenario#2

A TP exits at 06:53 shift=0 rsi=56...enter long with double betsize

Scenario#3

A SL exits at 06:54...shift=0 rsi= 72 enter short no doubling

ES

Ermmm... I can code that to pay up a reality. BUT... is this supposed to be OVEROPTIMIZED? According to your condition, I BET my life time savings that you're looking at certain time period of chart, and that time RSI was bouncing between 44 ~ 56. The bet that you mentioned here will BLOW UP obviously if market changes it condition to bouncing bigger range at 35 ~ 65. You're fitting the lot size to your consequtive loss/profit... Please think about it. I dont wanto waste time on overoptimizing system. Sorry ES. Those statement just doesn't make sense. Please dont take it personal, I'm talking about EA development here. Just discussion.

Regards

David

I can do the direction trading. Only take LONG when RSI is CURVING upward CROSSING 55%; vice versa taking short when RSI is CURVING DOWNWARD CROSSING 45%. But the bet size would kill the trades. Please note that, the current condition is 40% profitable trades/60% lossing trades. Therefore, if we did not take care of the accuracy of 50% winning + few pips up/trade, we'll still fail on the forward testing.

Regards

David

ElectricSavant:
I am confused... v0.06...what does it do...? Is it not entering and waiting to get out of the no trade zone? as it should do...I do not know if that helps as I was hoping a tester would test a working version of a no trade zone.

are you saying that implementing this would be unsuccessful?

Please excuse my confusion...I am a little stuck here because I communicate so poorly...its not your problem David...please forgive me..

ES

OK. Listen carefully.

Current version V0.06

Buy area at above 55 as default

Sell area at below 45 as default

Anyone time the EA detects no trade beyond 55%, it will take a buy no matter the market is on the way DOWN or UP. Vice versa for 45% as sell zone, the EA will take a sell if it detects no trades is on the floating.

I'm offering V0.07 if everybody agree

Buy when RSI CROSS above 55% from the below ONLY. Therefore, that EA will only take a buy when its CROSSING from the below of 55 to above of 55. Vice versa for sell. EA will only open 1 SELL position when RSI crossing below 45% on the way down. Reminder, 1 trade ONLY. Now, this is no more odd even. Its very indicator dependant. I dont wanto rip off the original idea of the EA. As all my respect to every follower of this thread, ES, and also Demam.Emas the author of this thread and the original EA. Please provide with your comment.

Regards

David

I am confused... v0.06...what does it do...? Is it not entering and waiting to get out of the no trade zone? as it should do...I do not know if that helps as I was hoping a tester would test a working version of a no trade zone.

are you saying that implementing this would be unsuccessful?

Please excuse my confusion...I am a little stuck here because I communicate so poorly...its not your problem David...please forgive me..

I believe there is hope for this EA...and as zupcon posted this random entry using an indicator (s) could be a valid approach to a profitable EA.

There are so many views here...but so few contributions...why is that?

ES

davidke20:
I can do the direction trading. Only take LONG when RSI is CURVING upward CROSSING 55%; vice versa taking short when RSI is CURVING DOWNWARD CROSSING 45%. But the bet size would kill the trades. Please note that, the current condition is 40% profitable trades/60% lossing trades. Therefore, if we did not take care of the accuracy of 50% winning + few pips up/trade, we'll still fail on the forward testing.

Regards

David

hehe..well the question is if this is profitable and how will we know without testing?

This is material for a new thread and I am interested. would you like to start the new thread David or would you like me to narrate it and start it?

We could call it what you wish as you would be the creator..

Here are some suggestions:

RSIBoost

RSISlopeZone

SlopeybutBeautiful

ES

P.S. Don't worry folks the development in this thread continues and you can still log in to the tests.

davidke20:
OK. Listen carefully.

Current version V0.06

Buy area at above 55 as default

Sell area at below 45 as default

Anyone time the EA detects no trade beyond 55%, it will take a buy no matter the market is on the way DOWN or UP. Vice versa for 45% as sell zone, the EA will take a sell if it detects no trades is on the floating.

I'm offering V0.07 if everybody agree

Buy when RSI CROSS above 55% from the below ONLY. Therefore, that EA will only take a buy when its CROSSING from the below of 55 to above of 55. Vice versa for sell. EA will only open 1 SELL position when RSI crossing below 45% on the way down. Reminder, 1 trade ONLY. Now, this is no more odd even. Its very indicator dependant. I dont wanto rip off the original idea of the EA. As all my respect to every follower of this thread, ES, and also Demam.Emas the author of this thread and the original EA. Please provide with your comment.

Regards

David
Reason: