OddevenEA : Based on pure probability :) and luck.... - page 11

ElectricSavant:

...But all of this does not matter unless we are consistently profitable...

ES

Do you read the link I provided? Do you understand what I mean to increase the profitability by adjusting a overoptimized SL/TP(zupcon talked about this on his previous post on this thread)?

Regards

David

I am actully in that link and have been testing it....I just downloaded the latest FTW download.

I understand and please continue.

You are suggesting to leave lotsize alone and adjust in SL and TP gap...or maybe both like a progression of lotsize and TP/SL gap..BUT...if the entries are random who is to say that you cannot have a string of losses of 5...10....20....etc?

ES

davidke20:
Do you read the link I provided? Do you understand what I mean to increase the profitability by adjusting a overoptimized SL/TP(zupcon talked about this on his previous post on this thread)?

Regards

David

The widening TP/SL gap with a reversal...you are on to something here David...Time would be on our side.

how do we avoid being chopped to death?

ES

P.S. HeHe randomnesss would just start the continious chain of events..(how can we keep randomness in the picture without deviating from this thread authors presentation?)

Folks...There is an Cash machine here...right in your living room...

do we dare continue?

ES

Since I do not know how to code, I guess I am here to make money (and to mooch).

Thanks a lot, I feel real good about myself now.

ES

I apologize for nothing, and I am here for the same reason you are: To find truth in trading. Why waste our time with anything else?

... ...

Files:

What do you guys think of this post? Seriously...I am not trying to break up anything or change the subect...its just that I value both of your opinions...

zupcon:
I don't think its necessarily a slap in the face to technical traders at all. This EA has the potential to prove two facts that you cannot escape. Firstly, the win / loss rate is a function of the ratio to target and stop loss selected. Try playing around with different combinations and you'll see what I mean. Try using the same sort of settings Steintz is using, like a 150 pip stop loss, and a 20 pip target, and you'll see very similar results to what his EA achieves. This fact remains regardless of if the method has an edge or not,and potentially it can confuse.

Secondly, and more importantly, the results obtained due to random entry are due a large extent on luck. Now try re running back tests starting on a different date each time, and see how the equity curve changes. Sometimes you'll get fantastic results, and sometimes appalling results, and yet its the same EA.

Once you realize that great results doesn't necessarily mean you've got a great EA, and poor results doesn't necessarily mean a poor EA, and you start to evaluate performance a little more rigorously then its time to move onto the next step, which is determining if you can use TA to improve results, which is basically what your doing with the RSI filter and money management.

Ive played with random entry systems for years, I cant really understand how anyone could even begin to develop an automated trading solution without understanding the role that random chance can play. Without knowing this, you don't know if any difference seen by adding an indicator is due to the indicator, or simply due to luck. Once people understand and accept this fact, they can start looking at TA from the right perspective.

.........................................................................................................

.........................................................................................................

Reason: