OddevenEA : Based on pure probability :) and luck.... - page 5

Ladies & Gentlemen,

I am up over 1.35% AND THIS IS SUNDAY EVENING.

Also...

why have I gone to so much trouble to arrange an 8-pair basket?

You could put all 19 pair that IBFX has and and put the gambler on it...they are random entries and logical exposure methods do not apply...

ES

Login: 1675696

Read Only: cax16xs

P.S. Thus far (only a few hours) with the 8 pair I have seen no more than 1% DD...I now have all 19 pair (65 bucks margin on a 1k account)...lets see what happens

so... one 10-banger trade stopped out and one 20-banger boost took profit...positive float just now with 8 pair fully involved

balance is up...and I absolutly have no logical explanation for it

Late edit...another 10 banger stopped out and a 20-banger took profit...balance remains up with a positve float....up 1/2% at this slow Sunday evening hour after only a few hours of trading...and the best thing about this ...I get a rebate for trading from IBFX in a live account (this is Demo)...I could imagine how much this trades!

ES

P.S. Is there a way to make the entry code that reads the time, more stable?...it does not always go in the correct direction...or the time reported in the account history rounds out a minute and I am mistaken...(its funny, being that this is a random operation, I am not so concerned...its just that the backtests may be flawed)

ElectricSavant:
demam emas,

It opened 3 buys and 5 sells...on an even time...(the open) no errors and the server time was 22:00.

It's using minis of 0.10 & 0.20 without regard to MM...much needs to be fixed! Maybe MM was not looked at as your default was false...the doubling curiously works though?

ES

Please furthur elaborate your problem, inorder to fix it. I already have it run on my backtester with visual mode under North Finance, FXDD, and IBFX-Mini. And they work correctly. The lot size for 1200k account with 10% risk is like below:

AccountType VS Lotsize

0 : 0.20

1 : 0.12

2 : 1.20

Another situation

Account balance = 1200 with 1% Risk.Percentage:

AccountType VS Lotsize

0: 0.10 (Minimum lot size)

1: 0.02 (Should be 0.012, but rounded up as 0.02)

2: 0.12

MinLot= User specify minimum lot size to trade with, this function will be override when the user specified figure is lower then the broker's tolerance

MaxLot= User specify maximum lot size to trade with, this function wil be override when the user specified figure is higher then the broker's tolerance

If the system calculation of lot size by using money management is higher then the MaxLot, the system will use the MaxLot value or Broker's tolerate highest lot size(auto select either 1 of them which is allowed). Example

Broker=InterbankFX micro-NANO

AccountSize=100,000

MaxLots=100

Risk.Percentage=20

AccountType=2

Actual lot size = 100,00 x 20% = 20,000 = 200.00 minilots

MaxLot < Actual lot size

Acutal lot size is now = MaxLot = 100

MaxLot > Broker allowed lot size

Actual lot size is now = Broker allowed lot size = 50

Current lot size = 50.00minilots

Please make sure you understand all the function on each and every column. And this is another reason why I sometimes making EA not so flexible, its simply because when its too flexible, the settings might confused the user him/herself. Because most of the varieble are interlinked, and needed to set correctly inorder to function well. If you guys having trouble to set them up, just give me specified requirement, so I can hard code them. Such as, you want the broker to determine your MaxLot, MinLot? Or you want it solely based on your specification. This problem already been issued by the EA author Demam.Emas, please do address it and we need to fix a plan.

Regards

David

These are my inputs for my IBFX 1K account. I also invite you to log in:

Login: 1675696

Read Only: cax16xs

you can see the time stamps in the history folder and the wrong direction trades.

As far as MM I have no idea why mine is not working...can you check my inputs?

ES

P.S. also with MM on will the RSI boost work correctly?

INPUTS:Magic_Number: "5050"

Min_Stop_Loss: "0"

Min_Take_Profit: "0"

Slippage: "3" (V0.04)

RSI.Period: "9"

UseATR: "true"

ATR.Period: "24"

ATR.TimeFrame: "1440"

TP_VAR: "54.0"

SL_VAR: "46.0"

Use.MM: "true"

Lot: "0.01"

AccountType

0: Broker that only allow 0.10 smallest lot. Such as North Finance, MiG

1: Normal Standard/Mini account with 0.01 lot = 10cent/pip value on EURUSD

2: Micro NANO account like AleccoFX, Interbankfx with 0.01lot = 1cent/pip value on EURUSDm

AccountType: "2"

RiskPercent: "1.0"

MinLot: "0.01"

MaxLot: "0.1"

ahhh...so my max lot is too low...or my risk percent is too high...I will try 0.25% for Risk Percent...or raise the maxlots up a few percent...I got to look at your calculations again...

Will the RSI Boost double it?...will that be allowed?...or must I use half of what I want for normal so RSI Boost will function?

ES

ElectricSavant:
ahhh...so my max lot is too low...or my risk percent is too high...I will try 0.25% for Risk Percent...or raise the maxlots up a few percent...I got to look at your calculations again...

Will the RSI Boost double it?...will that be allowed?...or must I use half of what I want for normal so RSI Boost will function?

ES

Yes, looks like your MaxLot is too low. On the other hand, your Risk is too low either. So the MM seemed doesn't work. If you have a 10k account, start to work with some weird setup of Risk, like 1.9%, then you'll see 1.90minilot been executed, provided your MaxLot is higher than the 1.90 value.

RSI has nothing to do with the MM settings, it totally standalone. When you check on the history, it seemed to have some wrong direction trade, simply because this idiot is a random gambler. It will look back 1 bar before from current bar. Say, you're at H1 chart. Current time = GMT00:00, refer RSI at GMT23:00~23:59, get RSI 9 value = 49.95%, order condition = OPEN SELL!!!. Therefore, after 2 hours, when you look back, you said, " Oh look, GMT00:00 RSI was 52%, why in the hell the EA took a sell?" Because the EA wasn't lookin at GMT00:00, it is 1 hour before.

Regards

David

So for a 1K IBFX account it would be like this?

AccountSize=1000

MaxLots=50

Risk.Percentage=20

AccountType=2

Actual lot size = 1000 x 20% = 200 = 2.00 minilots

MaxLot < Actual lot size

AccountSize=100,000

MaxLots=100

Risk.Percentage=20

AccountType=2

Actual lot size = 100,00 x 20% = 20,000 = 200.00 minilots

MaxLot < Actual lot size

is it a random hour it looks at or a random minute?

davidke20:
Yes, looks like your MaxLot is too low. On the other hand, your Risk is too low either. So the MM seemed doesn't work. If you have a 10k account, start to work with some weird setup of Risk, like 1.9%, then you'll see 1.90minilot been executed, provided your MaxLot is higher than the 1.90 value.

RSI has nothing to do with the MM settings, it totally standalone. When you check on the history, it seemed to have some wrong direction trade, simply because this idiot is a random gambler. It will look back 1 bar before from current bar. Say, you're at H1 chart. Current time = GMT00:00, refer RSI at GMT23:00~23:59, get RSI 9 value = 49.95%, order condition = OPEN SELL!!!. Therefore, after 2 hours, when you look back, you said, " Oh look, GMT00:00 RSI was 52%, why in the hell the EA took a sell?" Because the EA wasn't lookin at GMT00:00, it is 1 hour before.

Regards

David

ElectricSavant:
So for a 1K IBFX account it would be like this?

AccountSize=1000

MaxLots=50

Risk.Percentage=20

AccountType=2

Actual lot size = 1000 x 20% = 200 = 2.00 minilots

MaxLot < Actual lot size no, your actual lot size is smaller then your MaxLots

Acutal lot size is now = MaxLot = 100 Actual lot size = no change = remain as 2.00minilots

MaxLot > Broker allowed lot size Not applicable

Actual lot size is now = Broker allowed lot size = 50Not applicable

Current lot size = 50.00minilotsNot applicable

I correct your calculation here.

ElectricSavant:

is it a random hour it looks at or a random minute?

It's depending on what chart time frame you're putting the EA on. If you're on H1 chart, it will look back 1 hour before EXACTLY until 00~59minutes. If you're 30 minutes chart, it will look back exactly the previous bar's value ending on 00~29 or 30~59minutes of the hour. Here is another revision, included with Shift, so you can shift the indicator as you like. If Shift=1, it will look back 1 bar before. Or Shift=0(default) will execute trade based on CURRENT market condition. Say if currently GMT02:49:30 RSI9=49.95%, it will take sell immediately. It will not look at the previous bar or wait until the bar is close or whatever. It just dont give a shit.

Regards

David

Files:

Meanwhile, if you decided to let broker to determine your MaxLot and MinLot, simply change your setting as below:

MinLot=0;

MaxLot=1000;(pretty sure no broker will allow 1000lots in the retail market)

And if you like the EA to take ATR as full manage of your TP/SL

Min_Stop_Loss=0;

Min_Take_Profit=0;

You EA will not execute a trade when your ATR calculation is less then 5pips of TP/SL for interbankfx, which your broker not allow you to place a trade with stop loss or take profit of less then 5pips.

Regards

David

Reason: