Gap indicator

Hello everybody

I am searching for GAP indicator which show gaps in prices..it will be best if i can get it multi time frame which i can use it in all the times frams from 5m to day time frame..i wish if i can see gaps that are happening in all the time frams while i am stick with one time fram..for exampl :if i am watching the H4 time fram,i will need to see the gaps that may happens in 5m,15m,30,H1,D1 at the same time in a separet window..as you guys know Gaps may happen when strong news or in the opening of the week trading..

i have found this related subject here but it is an expert while i need it as indicator with the above changes....

i am very sorry because i got no idea about programing,and i need your help.

thank you in advance for your help

There are some scripts to do it posted on Metaquotes code base website.

For example:

- text (Russian language) and download (it is the script). This script is sending all the information about the gaps in separated file.

- The other script is here (text and download). This script is downloading the data (including the metals and so on) from one of the broker's server and controlling about the gaps.

There are some other scripts to fill the gaps but I don't have it.

you the man

newdigital:
There are some scripts to do it posted on Metaquotes code base website.

For example:

- text (Russian language) and download (it is the script). This script is sending all the information about the gaps in separated file.

- The other script is here (text and download). This script is downloading the data (including the metals and so on) from one of the broker's server and controlling about the gaps.

There are some other scripts to fill the gaps but I don't have it.

thank you newdigital

you the man,you give the answer to any reqest...you realy the man

i will test those indicatore which you post it up there and let's see how it will be.

thank you again

Gap trader

HI,

I need something simple but specific as I do have the knowledge to do so:

I would like an expert or an indicator that does this:

I would like mt4 to create for me an excel file where I will find:

all the gaps (only friday-sundays)

price closed on friday

price open on sunday

if the gap opened up I would like the highest price before the price went back to the close on friday and the opposite if the it gapped down

how many hours it took for the gap to close and when did it close.

I will give you an example:

in this file

I will want those values:

september 12 2008 closed at 1.4215

september 15 open at 1.4341

high (before the gap closed) 1.4481 on september 15th at 6:23AM GST

gap closed september 15th at 1h29 PM GST

If you have a question pleas fell free to reply.

Thank you

Gap indicator

I am looking for a indicator which will identify gaps and draw a box between the candles where they are formed.

I have found an ex4 on the forums called gapfinder which draws arrows but its not very practical for charting.

I would appreciate if someone can do this.

Thanks.

You ARE the man, New Digital! That is NICE!

I have attached file which is gap indicator. You can set the minimum gap size and arrow distance.

Would it be possible to mod this indiactor so instead of arrow, it draws a box inside the gap? and put input for box width or alert.

Thanks for help.

Files:

Gap in history data - Alpari UK

I have noticed that there are gaps at my chart. And in the History data.

These two periods that i have noticed are:

20100312 to 20100325

20100507 to 20100610.

I use Alpari UK. And it's the same thing no matter if it's Live account or demo account.

I have been in contact with Alpari support and they told me one way to fix it.

It was to delete 10-15 data before the gap and then refresh the chart. Well.... that sloved it on the chart but when i looked in the History Data the same period was stil missing.

So i contacted Alpari again asking for advice. Then they send me a .cvs file containing the missing data for the period of 20100507 to 20100610. I imported it and the gap was gone. The chart showed correct and it was correct in the History Data as well.

Now i have asked them to send the missing data for that other period as well.

But next week then? What to do then? I need to optimize my system next week also and most probably i won't get 90% modelling quality if i doesn't download new historical data. But then i will have these gaps since the download of the history stil will be Metaquote history.

Alpari used to have a download facility for historical data on our website but unfortunately it is no longer available.

So how do one solve this problem when it arrives in the future?

I need to appoligize for my post to all you that are involved in this thread.

I do realize that my question for help about the missing tick data does not belong in this thread.

But for some reason newdigital seems not to understand the difference of trading gaps that occur occasionally in the market which you guys seems to talk about and missing data when downloading from metaquotes history centre.

Since i could not find any thread before that talked about my problem i started a new thread. But Newdigital moved it to this thread.

Once again; I am really sorry to mess up this thread with a whole other matter then you guys are talking about.

Regards / JoLi

it is tough

as weekend GAP is not that universal -- involve huge pip spread when broker start == different broker even start at different TIME -- on early monday -- could be a couple of hour difference

e.g. the holder of my demo got a 2 hours slot and that broker will treat these couple of hours as weekend slot between friday and monday i.e. extra day

i.e. an EA is hard, start in certain hours, then look for gap (that must have been unfilled) == then after you start, it must be filled - -sometimes, it has to wait until tuesday and give us a surprise when it is almost touching the ceiling or floor price of the GAP

====================

having said that, I am adopting your GAP idea on daily 30M chart

assumption certain hours of the day -- imagine it as gap

then this GAP (very huge) is usually filled immediately by 3 different PRICE PATTERN in the next few hours

look pretty simple in the historical chart -- almost for Every single currency pairs

you could download [reloaded] my markethours indicators that I put up this week in another thread and see how you could adjust your idea-- still manual trade but look good on historic chart -- simple enough to apply

the essence it to find which hours to start and which hours to imagine, that it is the GAP [ will trade in good time as well -- good side effect ] + a method that running profit / loss of yours won't make you pre-mature cut loss or cut profit

forex could be like -- new weekly Maths Differentiation Exercise as our homework [ the key could be let the indicator give very few, but very confirmation signals ]

if it does give very few high quality (non-repaint) signal that got Good potential for very BIG TP pips -- we could have double the entry, so the possible downside (make a loss) to be minimal -- be creative , it might paid off

======

weekend gap -- I won't go for it-- to bet on it to close the gap

but WHEN there is BIG determination bar -- from time to time . e.g. today USDCHF or CHFJPY

we could write an indicator

first -- identify big 30M bar say 50 pip or above

say, if you discover, most big (gap) bar are closed (i.e. U-turn of original trend to reverse the BIG BAR formation process) will happen between 10 to 19 hours after the bar is formed

then we can write an indicator to turn the determination BAR BRIGHT GREEN

if the closing price is below or higher than the determination bar range i.e. within that range of that determination bar

i.e. we use the gap concept to play -- close the gap later -- should be reasonably profitable for 50 pip profit (for sure)

if you can do proper statistics on 30M on major Yen related or cross currency -- not on $USD related , I don't think that would close

and give me convincing methodology in EXCEL format after doing all the necessary analysis

http://i.imgur.com/pLNz6.jpg

I probably able to build the indicator in NO TIME

and share the SCREEN CAPTURE with you via MSN -- to tell you that the condition met again -- or nudge you to trade == i.e. will not share the indicator unless you are a good coder

Gap Indicator

Hey Guys

Where can I find Gap Indicator that will show arrow in the direction of the gaps. The gap should be between previous M5 candle lowest price and its next M5 candle highest price when in downtrend and vise versa. The gap can be a small as 1 pip.

Thanks for sharing.

Reason: