Initial Deposit. - page 2

newdigital:
You mean 250-500 deposit with 0.01 lot size? There are many EAs you may use. If you need I may detalize.

yes, 250$ with 0.01 lot it's ok..can you tell me which are for you the best?

21. You may use asctrend system from here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174756 together with market condition indicator from here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175657 but just change H4 informational template for D1 timeframe and use it togethjer with market condition indicator (to avoid losses and to know about 'to trade or not to trade' today).

thank you very much NewDigital!!

carlo10:
yes, 250$ with 0.01 lot it's ok..can you tell me which are for you the best?

I am trying not express my opinion about what is the best for example. because people are different and their understanding about risk and everything is different as well.

If we are talking about $250 with 0.01 lot size so ... i am looking on the list of EAs i am testing. I may give you my opinion.

But please note that it is my opinion only and it may be different from the other people's opinion.

1. You may use TPE but just one pair only and without any MM (always 0.01 lot). Performance depends on the time settings in EA. See TPE thread to know how to set this EA with your broker.

2. You may use SBS 1.21 (the same with TPE).

3. You can not use SBS 1.23 even for one pair ( you need at least $500).

4. You can not use Envelope2.11 or any other versions (there are a lot of them and all of them are not for you).

3. You may use some StepMAExpert (any version) and 1.45 is the better for this deposit size. But one pair only. It means that you may use one EA for one pair or for one chart. Performance of this EA is fully depends on brokers data so if you are using IBFX or FXDD so you will need to change the settings. You may do the same with TPE: test this EA for one pair with your broker comparing results with mine just to change your settings.

You can not use StepMAExpert_v1.42 because this version is "always-in-play" version: one order is closing and after 1 or 2 hours the other one is openning.

4. You may use Brainwashing any versions. Versions for H1 or H4 timeframe will be the better for you. You may use 3 or 4 pairs, or 2 EAs in one Metatrader. This EAs are in very low risk. But to use Brainwashing EAs you need to be comfortable with manual trading system (Brainwashing system). So you will need to look at BrainSystem section in public forum. And you will need to know about how to estimate the level of iTrend indicator every weekend so check Brainwashing thread in elite section as well (because the level of this indicator as a filter is diferent for different brokers).

5. Forget about Firebird EA all the versions.

6. You may use KSRobot EA even with 0.02 or 0.03 lot size (no any MM).

7. You can not use EasyLMA_v6.

8. Forget about this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174793

9. If your broker is IBFX or FXDD so don't use DayTrading3 EA (because of spikes) with any deposit/lot size.

10. You may use Mandarine EA but please note that this EA is not for long run, or you need to optimize the settings every months for the next months. For one par only.

11. You can not use Goldwarrior even for one pair.

12. You may use Scalp_net_v1.5 (M5 timeframe) but for one pair only. You can not use any other versions of this EA (you can not use 1.2 version, 1.3 version and so on).

13. You can not use Braintrading EA https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176133

14. You may use 20pipsExpert_v2.1. It is manual trading system as well so you may trade manually if you want so.

15. You can not use this EA https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174767

16. You may use Fozzy EA but I am not recommending as your deposit is too small for D1 timeframe (profit will be increasing in very slowly way if any).

17. NewsTrader EAs https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175898

- you can not use Newstrader 5.3 version risky settings;

- you may use 5.3 version NFP settings (trading once per month for NFP only) and you may also set grid as true to open many orders; use version #2 for backtesting for example.

- you may use version #6.

18. Public forum EAs.

You can not use any EAs from public forum which are openning/closing more than 2 or 3 orders per pair per day.

19. No any martingale system.

20. You can not use Terminator EAs any versions.

newdigital:
IIf we are talking about $250 with 0.01 lot size so ... i am looking on the list of EAs i am testing. I may give you my opinion.

But please note that it is my opinion only and it may be different from the other people's opinion.

last thing...what about the leverage? 1:100?

carlo10:
last thing...what about the leverage? 1:100?

I prefer 1:200. But you may use 1:100 also.

Just want to remind about this thread.

And we may read this post about Goldwarrior and initial deposit size https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173370/page11

I will re-post some messages which I did 1 and half ago. Because members are continuing asking about which

- initial deposit to use,

- which reliable EA to use,

and so on.

So, please fild below some my old posts from Discussion thread. I think we will continue this thread to update the situation about every EA.

08-08-2007, 10:51 am

newdigital:
i want to explain about the differencies in eas concerning the risk.

For example: gbpusd pair.

sbs 1.21 version. Breakout system. It is not very risky. Sell order was opened in 06th of this months and was closed with +63 pips.

sbs 1.23. Breakout system. It is risky ea but may be profitable. This ea is trading often. What does it mean "often"? It was +73 pips in 06th of august this year (2 days ago) and -234 pips (stop loss) now. So, it is -161 pips for this week for this pair. This loss is not good but ea is trading every day so it may be nothing affected on total situation. For example: I started to trade this ea in 22nd of july this year with starting deposit $10,000 and i saw 11,400 as a equity and 10,200 as a equity. This ea is trading every day (one trade per day). Good backtesting but we will see about forward testing performance.

envelope_2.11. Breakout. No one order was opened on gbpusd during this week. Not risky at all but ea is not trading often. It was +177 pips for gbpsd last week and +746 pips since april 2006. Very slowly going but profitable during forward testing.

20 pips ea. Breakout. No any order was open during this week, last closed order on gbpusd was +40 pips in 01st of august. It is very slowly going ea and i think that the profit should be calculated yearly for that type of eas (just to have 30%, or 50%, or 70% return in one year and not every year because it will be always good year and bad year). Not every breakout eas are based on support/resistance/trend lines. This ea is having different logic but still breakout system.

brainwashing all the versions. No one order was open on gbpusd during this week. This ea does not understand "news movement" so no need to switch ea off during the news. Gbpusd pair is good to trade with manual confirmation (in semi-automatic mode) for m15 and h1 timeframe together with some other indicators on the chart.

step 1.1 mod. Trend follower. +27 closed on yesterday and +115 pips still open. Risky but profitable.

step 1.45. Trend follower. Not trading often. Less of risky (compare with 1.1 and especially with 1.42). +136 pips closed today. No order is open.

step 1.42. Trend following. "always-in-play" ea (always trading) and because of that more risky than 1.45 and 1.1 versions. +13 pips closed yesterday and +118 pips still open.

goldwarrior (zigzag + cci). Trading not often. Just sometimes. It was loss with -100 pips this week and one order was open today (+3 pips now). But it is nothing for this ea as it made +1260 pips since january 2006 with 163 trades (we are talking about gbpusd only).

ksrobot_1_5_eur_m15. Not risky at all. Just 50 trades since january 2006:

30; 13; 7; -5; 5; -12; -25; 11; -13; 0; 12; 11; 29; 31; 1; 1, 39, -22, -12, 0, 3, -25, 14, 16, 2, 15, -34, 0, 9, -20, -23, 6, -8, 7, 5, 1, 7, 4, -8, -5, 2, 7, 3, 14, -25, -17, -9, -5, 9, 14, 11.

+71 pips in total.

When we started this forum so we had many people who wanted to see some eas which are not trading often. We did not have the members who wanted to see "1 million for 1 year" or "300 pips per week every week" or "200% profit for 1 month". Members had more realistic feeling in the beginning. So, this ksrobot_1_5_eur_m15 was just normal case.

firebird v0.65. Counter trend. It is -218 pips loss for gbpusd during this week. But it is nothing for this ea as it is +13,603 pips in profit since january 2006 (we are talking now about gbpusd only). This ea is not simple one and backtesting can not show the real situation. Forward testing only. I wanted to stop testing this ea (because of +13,603 pips ). But many people (who do not have realistic feeling for example) said: "why? It is the best ea!".

So, i am testing this ea only because it is very old well coded complicated ea working on counter trend. Classical one. So, i just found the reason for myself to continue forward testing.

easylma_v6. Very very slowly going. Breakout. No trades for this week. Last week was +33 pips. It is not trading every week. +192 pips since february 2006. Stop loss value is 60, tp = 100 and ts = 50. Very very slowly going breakout system. I coded it long time ago according to some request (this ea is using 2 ema indicators with 200 and 50, stochastic indicator, two parabolic indicators and one i_xo_a_h indicator). It is very difficult and unreliable backtested (because of i_xo_a_h indicator) so forward testing only is reliable.

daytrading3. I don't remember exactly but i think that it is counter trend ea. It is very old ea. Only version with timefilter is profitable. I am testing it since january 2006. This ea is using momentum, macd, stochastic and parabolic sar. Please note: This ea was coded on the open current bar (open price for 0 bar) so no any backtesting will be reliably (same case with firebird ea). No trades for gbpusd this week as ea is not trading often. It is trading by +20 pips 3 or 4 times per week (+60 - +80 pips per week in average) consistently. But one time per half a year this ea is making big loss (about -200 or -250 pips in loss) mainly because of news (high impacted forex news events). The performance is fully depends on the broker's data as this ea is using open price for current bar (and momentum with open price for 0 bar and so on).

scalp_net eas. There are many versions. To say a true it is necessary to correct the settings of the eas at least once per half a year. Especially for eas based on ema crossing for example. I am not doing it as i am just testing to see the performance. It is fully related to all scalp_net versions. No one version is profitable for gbnpusd (profitable for some other pairs bu not for gbpusd). Most recent version is scalp_net_v1.5 and some other versions which i did not test yet (turbu scalper and so on - check files thread for the versions/settings). I created this eas long time ago with the help of igorad.

brainexpert_v2. It is mtf ea. Not trading often. Ea is looking for the big movement of the price: It is one small loss, the other small loss and so on just to get big profit. It was one time for gbpjoy (+1,000 pips in one trade).

trendenvelopeexpert_v2.4. Just started to test it. It is "long way run" ea. Because this ea is trading m15 using monthly direction of the trend and having stop loss designed on monthly timeframe as well. So stop loss will be big and drowdawn may be big as well. Monthly direction is monthly cvhart/bars. I bar on mn timeframe is 1 month. So, it is long way run. I just started testing this version with this monthly logic. May be, we will improve something but still no any opinion about (testing just started). I am testing 14 pairs and for 2 days now (starting deposit 50,000; now balance is 51,630 and equity is 50,100). But i am estimating he market condition monthly and weekly ansd telling which pairs should be traded next week and month so we really do not need all 14 pairs (it will be 1 or 4 pairs, or 0 for example for some week).

08-08-2007, 11:42 am

newdigital:

about gbpusd pair.

Many people are asking me by pm wanted for me to name some most good ea. I asked: "which pair?". They said: "don't care, just most good ea". I don't understand how it is possible to "don't care" which pair? It is the same as we are going to get married and don't care with whom for example

gbpusd pair is more risky sometimes to trade. Many people like this pair but a lot of people don't like this pair completely. Just few trades don't care. To trade gbpusd it is necessary to understand this pair, to know about this pair everything and to understand the differencies between gbpusd and the other pairs. It is something we did not discuss yet.

The other significant issue is broker's data. To say the true all eas should perform differently with different brokers with more or less (big performance difference or just small difference depends on the system coded inside ea). For example:

Sbs, tpe, brainwashing, goldwarrior will perform differently with different brokers. But we may select the right settings by backtesting. Or just use same settings if the broker's data are very similar (as with alpari or north finance for example).

More difficult case is for eas coded on open bar or on high/low of the close bar: Firebird, machannel and daytrading eas. Because we can not backtest it to find good settings: No any backtest is reliable with those kind of ea. The only way to select the settings for those 3 eas for different brokers is to test it and compare my trades with your trades to correct the settings.

Next time we will discuss the other pairs.

And we will discuss the brokers (brokers data) as well just to understand visual different and about how it will affect on the performance.
Reason: