Envelope 2.11 - page 48

code changes

I do not know anything about writing code but it looks like I also have to add something like this for each additional pair that I add a magic number for

if(Symbol() == "EURJPY" || Symbol() == "EURJPYm") Magic = 14000;

{

EnvelopePeriod = 144;

EnvTimeFrame = 0; //envelope time frame: 0=chart,60=1hr,240=4hr, etc.

EnvMaMethod = 1; //0=sma,1=ema,2=smma,3=lwma.

EnvelopeDeviation = 1;

TimeOpen = 0;

TimeClose = 23;

FirstTP = 89.0;

SecondTP = 144.0;

ThirdTP = 233.0;

Lots = 0.01;

MaximumRisk = 0;

DecreaseFactor = 5;

MaElineTSL = 0;//0=iMA trailing stoploss 1=Opposite Envelope TSL

newdigital:
what is additional code?

I am using it for EURUSD and some version with GBPUSD.

EURUSD is more good.

By the way - it is not good week ...

This version did 0 pips for EURUSD and +103 pips for GBPUSD for this week.

The other version lost about 300 pips but it is because I am using it for EURUSD with M15 and M5 timeframes simultaniously (M5 timeframe is very risky for this EA as I

have to manage the trades manually sometimes for M5 timeframe; but sometimes it is very very profitable for M5 ...but very risky and I made exit manually often for M5; M15 is traded in normal way as "attach and forget").

No need to do that

The preferred settings is in the code as an aid. If the PrefSettingsparameter is set to falsethe EA is using setting you set in external parameters (so you as a user control those 100%) If you want the EA to "remember" some special settings for some symbol, than you would do that code change. The rest of the code, as far as I read it, makes difference among different symbols (even if the magic number is the same) so no need for any additional coding

PS: the code you are quoting is the one that had an error in it (it would set the magic number but the code within "{" and "}" following it would be executed regardless of any condition - so for any symbol). It should look like this (corrected version is posted as version 2.13.2, two posts ago) :

if(checkSymbol("EURJPY"))

{

EnvelopePeriod = 144;

EnvelopeDeviation = 1;

TimeOpen = 0;

TimeClose = 23;

FirstTP = 89.0;

SecondTP = 144.0;

ThirdTP = 233.0;

Lots = 0.01;

MaximumRisk = 0;

DecreaseFactor = 5;

} [/php]or if you stick to the way of checking symbol names you quoted (in which case the EA will not recognize some suffixes or prefixes on some brokers) the first 2 lines of the code should look like this :

[php]if(Symbol() == "EURJPY" || Symbol() == "EURJPYm")

{

regards

mladen

alpine4133:
I do not know anything about writing code but it looks like I also have to add something like this for each additional pair that I add a magic number for

if(Symbol() == "EURJPY" || Symbol() == "EURJPYm") Magic = 14000;

{

EnvelopePeriod = 144;

EnvelopeDeviation = 1;

TimeOpen = 0;

TimeClose = 23;

FirstTP = 89.0;

SecondTP = 144.0;

ThirdTP = 233.0;

Lots = 0.01;

MaximumRisk = 0;

DecreaseFactor = 5;

Latest version of Envelope made +913 pips for this wee (4 digit pips) - see statement attached.

Just for information.

I am testing latest version and old version too (old version made +466 pips).

So, general conclusion: more profitable is latest version but more stable is old version (for EURSD only).

Files:

newdigital:

I am checking the market condition every week at least once in a week on Monday morning using Ichimoku indicator on D1/H4 timeframe.

If market condition is not good for my understanding - I am not trading some pair for this week. But I know it on Monday morning.

For example, I did not check the market condition last week and got some losses.

Hi NewDigital,

Can you elaborate a little more on your technique (what to look for, example, or screenshot), sounds very useful..!

I guess you're using the standard issue Ichimoku (with KS, Cloud, etc)?

Cheers, Snow.

I am using info template from asctrend thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174756 from elite indicators section https://www.mql5.com/en/forum or from market condition thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178404

It is standard Ichimoku with default settings with some more indicators on H4 and D1 timeframe.

Envelope

this is some of the highly profitable trades that I found with ENVelope this afternoon; will keep testing... but is there a way of closing all trades with one click once they are in profit??

cheers

mike

Files:
picture_261.png  96 kb

I am using it with EURUSD and GBPUSD only.

So, no problem for me to close it manually.

Besides, this EA is having good trailing stop so ...

Use close all scripts or some other scripts/EAs to close the trades - links are here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044

newdigital:
Latest version of Envelope made +913 pips for this wee (4 digit pips) - see statement attached.

Just for information.

I am testing latest version and old version too (old version made +466 pips).

So, general conclusion: more profitable is latest version but more stable is old version (for EURSD only).

newdigital:

how did you get your SL so tight on your winning trades with envelope EA you posted??

cheers

Because stop loss is moving by trailing stop and trailing stop was designed for Envelopes indicator. Just attached standard Envelopes indicator with EA's input - and you will see where stop loss should/will be moved (it is moved by indicator's lines which is very comfortable).

I like this EA especially for Envelopes indicator's trailing stop.

Which version is latest version that you are live-testing with? Thanks

Dear Newdigital,

Please advise and post the link to download the latest version that you are now live-testing with. Thanks.

Is the latest version working properly with both mini account and standard account? In case of brokers having m or fx at the suffix of a pair, do we need to change anything in the latest version, or just leave it as default settings?

Thanks for your detailed explanations.

Regards,

James

Reason: