MQL4 Learning - page 95

Use the iVolume function. Look in the MQL help file for it's use.

LUx

cosmiclifeform:
Hi Lightman,

I was able to compile and test your T3 EA...and it worked fine. I tried it on UsdCad M15 and H1 and it ran without any log errors. As you can see from the screen shot...it is working correctly making the trades at the crossings. I used a smaller TP and TS in this example.

Without knowing all the steps you are trying, I'm not sure why you are getting those 'deinit and removed' messages and no trades? I only got them at the end of the test run, and it was just normal closing out the indicators after testing - in any case they did not affect the EA making trades. It would be interesting to see your entire log to see what's happening.

I have attached my compiled test version for you to try. I named it "T3 EA - Test1" to make sure no one assumes it's a finished EA.

The crossing code and TP works fine. The SL for this EA is limited to the crossbacks, which makes it unprofitable and may need modification with more SL options. This EA is ok for learning and testing, but I did not find any quick winning settings.

There are a number of good/great MA EA's here on TSD - I would suggest that you look at them and compare the codes...great way to learn...and you can always add your T3 iCustom to those codes if you find the features you want in your EA (like SL or other options).

Hope this helps,

Robert

thank you Robert

I downloaded, compiled and ran yours, but I still keep getting the error logs and no trades.

I have no idea what's going on.........

maybe it's the t3 tilson indicator itself ? can please post yours so I can compare it ?

oh and another question.

did you get the charts to draw the indicator with the EA or did just just add the t3 to the charts., I'm assuming you just added it right ?

T3 Indicators

lightman:
thank you Robert

I downloaded, compiled and ran yours, but I still keep getting the error logs and no trades.

I have no idea what's going on.........

maybe it's the t3 tilson indicator itself ? can please post yours so I can compare it ?

Hi Lightman,

Without your logs, screen shots, broker info, TF's, and other detailed steps to see exactly what you are doing...or not doing...it's very hard for me or anyone to understand or help you solve the problem.

As I said, I just compiled it and it works fine (on my FXDD demo).

In the meantime, here's my T3 Indicators you can compare and test:

T3.mq4 --------------Used for the EA

T3_clean.mq4 -----Another version by mladen (good coder)

T3MA.mq4 ----------Looks like original T3 without volume factor mod by Ben

Regarding your second question - I do add the MA lines to watch while the EA is testing but in this case the MA lines show up after the Strategy Tester stops, replacing the ones I put there.

Good luck,

Robert

Files:
t3.mq4  4 kb
t3ma.mq4  3 kb

MT4 - ALARM when pending order has opened...

Dear guys,

I look for a function (indicator e.g.) that gives me an alarm when my pending order opened in MT4. I do not mean the regular alarm function in MT4 where I have to insert the price level seperately to have an alarm but an automatic function.

Can someone help me please? Thank you very much for your help!

Kind regards, Uli

How to make indicator?

I wanted to ask you is it possible to make indicator which is based on 3 other indicators, and how?

yes, use iRSI, iCCI, iMomentum etc,

or if you want to use your own indicator use iCustom.

The indicators dont need to be on the chart, just need to be in the indicator folder to used.

Stick iCustom into the navigator search window on metaEditor, should explain.

swagman1:
yes, use iRSI, iCCI, iMomentum etc,

or if you want to use your own indicator use iCustom.

The indicators dont need to be on the chart, just need to be in the indicator folder to used.

Stick iCustom into the navigator search window on metaEditor, should explain.

thank you I will try

Dosen't work live...

I have writen the simpliest EA but I can't get it to work live.

It works perfect in test but not live.

And Yes, I have ticked the box "Live trading"

What am I doing wrong?

I'm using ActivTrades as my broker...

Thanks in advance

extern int MagicNumber = 20100511;

extern double TakeProfit = 0.0010;

extern double OpenPrice = 1.3000;

extern double StopLoss = 0.0010;

extern double Lots = 0.01;

extern int NumBuys = 1;

extern int NumSells = 1;

extern int Slippage = 3;

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

//| S T A R T |

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

int start()

{

int cnt, ticket, total;

//-------------------------------------+

if(Bars<100)

{

Print("bars less than 100");

return(0);

}

//-------------------------------------+

total=OrdersTotal();

if(total<1)

{

if (Ask < 1.3000)

{

for ( cnt = 0; cnt < NumBuys; cnt++)

{

ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYSTOP,0.01,OpenPrice,Slippage,OpenPrice-StopLoss,OpenPrice+TakeProfit,"",MagicNumber,0,Blue);

}

return(0);

}

}

return(0);

}

// the end

for subwindow -- i.e. window down there -- below the chart

usually, when you refresh the TF - e.g. 30M - H1 -- then back to 30M

the level line, i.e. those grey line (horizontal will appears again)

how to turn it off ??

in the dig, those 0.3 , 0.6 line --- I can't delete those, then I [ save as ] template i.e. template setting won't remember that I delete it

because , it will appear again and change its own color to grey

--Q--

so in the code level, anyway to suppress those line, i.e. make it disappear

Reason: