Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 94

BigBear Question about zigzag EA

Hello Bigbear,

First thanks for the wonderful advisor. Would you happen to be the programmer of this EA, and would you know the input values for it to signal properly on the weekly chart?? I think it just might eliminate the repainting issues if it worked on the weekly chart instead of the 1 hour and 4 hour. I went to a forex coarse in Arabia last year and paid $5,000. The guy made millions trading in forex, and he swears by the weekly chart over all lower time frames.

Thank You

static:
You could use whatever lot progression algorithm you want, the key thing is to have a max number of trades set at a reasonable number, say 4 or 5 so your progression doesn't get out of hand. But since your coding the EA and I am likely never to see it, do whatever you wish, it was just a suggestion. My thought was that since there are a number of small losses before a large win with this system, you could use martigale-type MM to help recover those losses Also, has anyone else run backtests over the same period as Igor? Because when I run Nix's EA for the month of June on GBPJPY 1hr with an 80 pip trailing stop I get 19 trades total, with 13 loosing trades 3 of which are consecutive. The modeling quality is crap so take it for what its worth but I am not entirely sure that you would actually get 49 false signals for one good one. It would be nice if someone could do a backtest with 90% modeling quality to see what their results are.

What makes you think you will never see the EA? I already sent a pm to BigBear and let him know I was doing this one for free.

When I do post my EA it would be great if people on this thread made a donation to my paypal account, especially if they begin to make money using it.

Robert

burn0050:
What setting are you using for "Apply To" on the CCI? (Close? Median Price?)

Thanks,

burn0050

Typical (HLC/3) or close.

burn0050:
Something doesn't add up. If the NLZZ and ZZP are using the same logic, then an arrow would be placed at every zig zag line - but this isn't the case. I need to walk through the code, but the logic is definitely different - starting with the fact that the parameters are different.

I ran Nix's EA for June and visually added your ZZP v2 (keeps past arrows) - and it doesn't place orders when they are both there (from visual inspection).

Thanks,

burn0050

The same logic is in ZigZag and ZigZagPointer. NonlagZigZag is a much different logic and uses nonLagMA to confirm the zigzag turning points.

Robert

MrPip:
What makes you think you will never see the EA? I already sent a pm to BigBear and let him know I was doing this one for free.

When I do post my EA it would be great if people on this thread made a donation to my paypal account, especially if they begin to make money using it.

Robert

Thanks Mr. Pip, what a gentlemanly thing to do.

I use Bigbear's manual system on e/j and g/j an it makes pips. Using it pretty much exactly how he describes it on post #1 with a bit of discretion.

Most people here know Mr. Pips' coding ability, I am optimistic.

MrPip:

Robert

I was under the impression that it was a private EA that you were working on with Don, I thought I read that somewhere back. I would love to see what you come with though if it will be available to everyone.

jimer013:
Hello Bigbear,

First thanks for the wonderful advisor. Would you happen to be the programmer of this EA, and would you know the input values for it to signal properly on the weekly chart?? I think it just might eliminate the repainting issues if it worked on the weekly chart instead of the 1 hour and 4 hour. I went to a forex coarse in Arabia last year and paid $5,000. The guy made millions trading in forex, and he swears by the weekly chart over all lower time frames.

Thank You

Hey jimer013,

I am not a programmer. There are some great people on this thread that are working on that behind the scenes. As for trading on the weekly charts the current settings where not tested on such a large time frame. Feel free to test it out for awhile.

A word of caution. MOST people who make millions in Forex dont tell you about it. He probably made most his money from the $5K he charges for a coarse. But if you like his method use it. As long as you are comfy with what you do. The most important thing is to stick with one thing at time until you make it work. Then create a trading toolbox to cover different things.

Bear-

dxtrade:
I'm with you on this one. Let's come back to business.

On earth or not on earth...I'm using the original 2 indis from bear together with the nonlagdot indi on the 30M chart. That filters out about 90% of the bad signals (see the 7 arrows with the dot still blue below) as I enter the trade only after the dot has changed in my direction and the bar with the right dot color is closed, because then the dot doesn't repaint anymore. Together with the confirmation of the QQE it's pretty safe for me.

But thats just for the last days...no guarantee as well here

Wrong, the nonlagdot indicator actually repaints.

MrPip:
I have been working on that and so far no luck. I modified the indicator to place arrows as I did with the zigzag-pointer indicator and the arrows only appear when the zigzag reverses.

I will post it when I get it to work.

Robert

Cool Rob, defo looking forward to that.

fx_geezer:
Wrong, the nonlagdot indicator actually repaints.

Not if the candle is closed and the ColorBarBack is set to 0

Reason: