Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 13

user4001:
bigbear

I newer used the indicator before but I think BARN is a setting that works the same as "shift" in other indicators.If you make it 3 for instance the indicator will wait for 3 bars after it pass the actual point before it will make the dot . Maybe the idea is to use it as a filter.

FROM is the amount of history bars it will use to put the dots on.

Not sure about the alert.

Attached is an EA that will put the stops ,trailing stop and move the stop to breakeven plus x amount of pips. You will have to manually initiate the trade

Hey user4001,

Thanks for all your help. I will play around with this new toy.

Thanks,

Bear-

user 4001 Nice EA that takes care of trade after your in it.

user4001:
I tried today a different approached .When I got the short signal on the USDCHF the possibility was that if I go short it could go against my short position, so I enter a short and long with a stop loss of 40 on both my orders .it went in my direction but if it did go north I was still in for a trade on my long position. I did the same on GBPUSD , unfortunately the trailing stop was to close to the market action and it took me out to early but still positive after I subtract the loss on the sell order. I think of doing this on the longer time frames, just need to determine a wide enough band between the stop loss of the sell and buy order. Well the market has to go up or down from that point. I set the EA to move to breakeven on both the orders just before it hit the stop loss of the opposite order to prevent the possibility to end up with two losses.

Hey user4001,

You should be carefull with TS. A lot of times they are your worst enemy.

Also I see 3 trades here possible.

A short worth about 170 pips

A long worth about 165

& the trade your in at this point in the trade is worth 50 & after checking my chart it had a max value of about 65 pips.

Add those all up & thats 400 pips in 3 trades on a hour chart.

Making your stops 2 tight is a trade killer.

But keep up the good work.

Bear-

cmartin371:
Hi bear,

THanks for showing us your system. Just trying to wrap my head around your MM. On the first page you stated that you use a 60 SL for E/J on the 1 hour and a 100 SL on G/J for the 4 hr. Does it vary with each trade for you? Thanks for your efforts

Chris

Hey Chris,

Im sorry about that. I guess I didnt notice that.

OK in a nut shell this is MY MM:

Note*

I am not yelling, I am just writing it in all caps so you will notice it better.

I PLACE MY STOP BEHIND THE ARROW, ABOVE/BELOW THE HIGH/LOW OF THE CANDLE WITH THE ARROW.

MY NUMBERS ARE NO MORE THAN 30 ON THE EUR/JPY 1HR & 60 ON THE GBP/JPY 4 HR.

Thats it. simple. Heres why:

The arrow will go away if the last high/low is broken. So that acts as my stop. The earlier you get in the smaller your stop can be.

I have had stops as low 10 on the GBP/JPY & still hit triple digits gains.

It happens.

Hope this helps.

Bear-

leeb:
Hey guys, if you enter a short with a stop 20pips from last high and are stopped out but next bar has another short entry + zigzag line so meets entry criteria would you open another short ? Thanks, Lee

Hey leeb,

The short answer is yes.

The long answer is, well... long. Following the system as is YES you would get in.

Hope that helps.

Bear-

yan7181:
usd/jpy,eur/jpy,gbp/jpy H1 all having short signals, but were stop loss. The more decent signals todays is gbp/usd, which h1 and h4 both generate buying signal when pound fell below 2.02 and now is 2.0369, easily 200 pips. Maybe i will stick to enter when both h1 and h4 are having same signal.

Hey yan7181,

Use the system how you feel comfy. Did you take that +200?

Bear-

Pip Meister:
Hi everyone,

Just something to note. I placed an 8,3,3 stochastic oscillator at the bottom and it can predict/confirm the arrow set up. I.e. if the stochs show the market is oversold, watch for the buy arrow to appear (or it will confirm the arrow), or if the stochs show the market overbought, then look for the sell arrow to appear (or be confirmed). The only setttings that you want to change before you place them on the chart are the following:

%K=8

%D=3

Slowing=3

All others should remain the same. Hope this helps. I know the tendency in these threads is that the longer they go, usually the more complicated they get....I may have just complicated this...so take it with a grain of salt.

Pip Meister

Hey Pip Meister,

Thank for your input. See you on skype. Good luck on your trading.

Bear-

Poocher:
Okay Walter, have you pulled the trigger yet!!!

Hey Poocher,

LOL LOL LOL GOOD ONE LOL LOL LOL

Bear-

Poocher:
Then if you get stopped out its your decision to reenter on the next entry indictor signal or wait for a whole new setup. That's a money management decision each of us has to make for ourselves. Hope I don't sound preachy cuz I'm talking to myself as much as to anyone.

Hey Poocher,

Thats a good way to put it. Wise words.

Bear-

This may also be some help. plot a RSI 2 with levels 97 and 3

When zigzag pointer and RSI 2 is below 97, could be the entry.

The RSI 2 will at times peg out for several hours so be paitent and wait for zigzag pointer alert.

Notice how the DT-zigzag-lauer can be used as support and resistance, and since they forma line there is no repaint there.

on these charts

4hr

nonlagzigzag

zigzagpointer - red and lime arrows

bykovtrend sig - gold and blue arrows

DT-zigzag-lauer - blue and red dots

thin red lines are the weekly start level

RSIalert 21 this alert continues so youll have to shut it down once it starts

1hr

nonlagzigzag

zigzagpointer - red and lime arrows

bykovtrend sig - gold and blue arrows